U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2017, 01:22 PM

3,242 posts, read 1,607,430 times

Advertisements

Prediction:::::The Lions will not make the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 03:15 PM

3,116 posts, read 7,162,690 times
I don't know what to think. With Rodgers out the Packers are just a mediocre team now, so arguably the toughest part of the schedule is over and they came out of it 3-3. The toughest remaining games seem to be hosting Pittsburgh and Minnesota. If they can actually beat Pittsburgh, I think we'll start to feel good about their chances. If they were fully healthy I think they'd be favored to make the playoffs for sure, but they've just looked awful the past several weeks.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:36 PM

4,851 posts, read 6,369,384 times
The remaining schedule is favorable:

Steelers
@Packers
Browns
@Bears
Vikings
@Ravens
@Buccaneers
Bears
@Bengals
Packers

On paper the Lions should win a good chunk of these games provided they don't play like they did against New Orleans. The rub is injuries to Glover Quin (back to practice but not officially a go) and Golden Tate. Taylor Decker is still on PUP is missed very much. His replacement, Greg Robinson, is terrible but he's injured too. Lions must take advantage of getting 2 games against the Packers without Rodgers. Fells is being worked in more since Ebron is unreliable. A lot of questions but winning the division is not out of the question.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:03 AM
YAZ

7,076 posts, read 11,853,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Prediction:::::The Lions will not make the playoffs.
It does look bleaker every week. Without a bruising offensive line or burly running back, second place in the division is the best we can hope for.

This last game vs. the Steelers has me scratchin' my head though.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:59 PM

We're looking back at a 20-15 loss that should have been a 20-21 win. I have no problem going for glory on 4th & goal. Sometimes a roll of the dice is required but, gee whiz, run a decent play. Then late in the game the run the ball on 3rd & 5 resulting in a 2 yard loss and then they run another terrible play on 4th & 7. Fells dropped a TD, the run game was still weak but Stafford and the receivers were generally impressive.

Pittsburgh was the hardest game on paper of the remaining games. There's still time to turn things around. I'll be at Lambeau on Monday night. Hope they don't lay a goose egg.

Quinn or Caldwell needs to seriously consider replacing Jim Bob Cooter. Greatest name in NFL history but he's not improving. The magic he wielded initially is gone.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:09 PM

The crowd at Lambeau is thinning. Stafford has been clutch but Cooter needs to work on the goal line playbook. They can't do anything when only needing to cover short distances.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:44 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,556,423 times
Great game by the Lions, Stafford looked sharp, Packers looked, words can't even describe. Many have said for a long time Aaron covers up a great deal with the Pack and after last nights showing, I can't argue the point anymore.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Great game by the Lions, Stafford looked sharp, Packers looked, words can't even describe. Many have said for a long time Aaron covers up a great deal with the Pack and after last nights showing, I can't argue the point anymore.
Lions played well enough to win if Rodgers had been playing but there's no doubt the game would have been different with him. Closer or even a Packer win.

Very happy to have attended a Lions win at Lambeau.

I need to verify but I've been hearing 2 interesting points about punting: 1. First time the Lions have not punted in a game since '71 & 2. First road team to never punt at Lambeau.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:39 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,556,423 times
The first is true, all over Packer sports radio this a.m.! Mike Daniels stupid penalty helped that happen.

The Saints and Packers played a game where neither team punted, high scoring QB fest so 2nd part might not be true.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:44 AM

Trap game? Losing to a winless Browns after winning at Lambeau would be the most Lions thing ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or