U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2017, 10:42 AM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,847,356 times

Advertisements

A couple of things that left me scratchin' my head after this home win vs. the Brownies:

All of a sudden, the Lions found a ground game against one of the better run defenses in the league. Actually, I reckon the Browns had the best run defense going in to this game. On paper anyway.

The second thing.....

.....it almost seemed that Detroit's "D" took this game lightly. That's very un-Caldwell like, and I expect that to be repaired this week in practice.

OK, here we go. A win at Soldier Field would indicate an incredibly meaningful game on Thanksgiving. In some Lions' fan circles, it IS the Super Bowl. It's always fun to wheel the TV out on the patio while smokin' a turkey.......video chattin' with my relatives "back home" while donning flip flops and a T-shirt by the pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 02:12 PM
YAZ

First time ever.....

....that the Lions are undefeated on the road in their division.

This means that I have to get up extra early on Thanksgiving to get things done. Need to watch this game vs. the Vikings.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:38 PM

4,848 posts, read 6,364,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
First time ever.....

....that the Lions are undefeated on the road in their division.
This has been blowing up on social media. Apparently it's the first time they've won all divisional road games. They were undefeated in '61 but went 3-0-1 (a tie coming in San Francisco).

As a huge soccer fan I was let down by the USMNT for failing to qualify for the World Cup but Italy also failed. The first time Italia failed since '58. I'm hoping that's a great omen for we long suffering Lions fans.

I am thankful for Matt Prater. Good ol' #5 has a golden boot. As good as the Vikings are he make be the difference maker on Turkey Day.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:15 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Should be a great game, I'll be watching, although my sister doesn't care that much for football.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:57 AM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Should be a great game, I'll be watching, although my sister doesn't care that much for football.
Just keep her wine glass full.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:09 AM
YAZ

A loss to the Vikings on Thursday would most likely eliminate the Lions from the playoffs. A win keeps things interesting. Just looking at the NFC South, a 10 - 6 record ain't gonna cut it. Lions need to go 11 -5 overall PLUS sweep their division.

Again, I'll state that wildcard hopes for the Lions are dead. They won't back into the post season nor squeak in at the last moment.

They have to win the division.

And, BTW, we can't blame the refs for that Atlanta game......or can we?

Old 11-22-2017, 05:50 PM

Thanksgiving Eve will be celebrated with a Detroit deep dish pie from Jet's Pizza. Leftovers will be served during the Lions game and then onto Boston Market for early dinner.

Welcome to Detroit, Dwight Freeney.

Happy Thanksgiving, Lions fans and to all lurkers that actually read this thread (even the Cheeseheads)!

Old 11-22-2017, 06:37 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Happy Thanksgiving to you guys, too! Yes, I'm a lurker! Can't begrudge or hate teams that are successful! I'm just not wired that way, too old, I guess! Good luck tomorrow!

Old 11-23-2017, 02:20 PM

How different the result could have been today if the self-destructive nature of the Detroit Lions did not show up in such a big way. All sides are to blame. The offensive, defense and the coaching staff. Caldwell needs to be a head coach and lead this team. He has no choice but to relieve Jim Bob Cooter of his O.C. duties. If he fails to do so Quinn needs to force the issue or fire Caldwell. Extension or not. It's better to eat the money than keep a coach that will lead the team over a cliff.

**** Tabor had surefire drive ending sack and whiffed. Golden Tate, of all people on the team, has a first time and then retreats leading to a punt. The offensive line cannot create holes for the runners. The defensive line cannot stop the run. For the second week in a row the opposing divisional QB had more rushing yards than our starting RB.

All of this in a crucial game. The playoffs are all but out or reach. Lions to win out and Vikings need to lose out. Possible? Sure. Likely? Heck, no.

EDIT: Attention Double H or any Mod. Any idea why Tabor's first name is censored by C-D?

EDIT: I need to avoid posting while angry. So many typos. I give up. Too many to fix!

Last edited by Bondurant; 11-23-2017 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: Question for Mods

Old 11-23-2017, 03:16 PM

21,321 posts, read 21,895,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post

EDIT: Attention Double H or any Mod. Any idea why Tabor's first name is censored by C-D?
if his name is ****, or ****, or **** could be why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or