U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2018, 01:29 PM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,842,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Apparently he didn't watch the Cardinals!
Skins are tough this year, especially on D. I thought the Cards would be a longshot (somewhat), to make the playoffs. I.e., I wasn't surprised by the AZ loss last week. Although, the score differential raised my eyebrows. Not to mention a rather flat first half for AZ considering who's on the team. Coach Wilkes will turn things around. Detroit will remain a big question mark throughout the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 01:37 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Goddamn, this was a horrible performance by the Lions. Nowhere to go but up...
It was horrendous. And I just watched Coach Patricia's news conference today. Not impressed. I have a feeling that Jimmy the ex-Patriot will have a career day on Sunday. Somebody's gonna be 0-2 this week and it ain't gonna be the 49ers.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:16 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,359,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
It was horrendous. And I just watched Coach Patricia's news conference today. Not impressed. I have a feeling that Jimmy the ex-Patriot will have a career day on Sunday. Somebody's gonna be 0-2 this week and it ain't gonna be the 49ers.
Niners have liabilities as well and I am, perhaps naively, optimistic. Garappolo is legit, though, and something is wrong with Stafford. He was out of form Monday night and now he's hurt. Could get ugly.

Kenny G and Diggs were the only guys that showed up. Jones and Tate dropped passes and even Prater was garbage.

And yeah...Valenti does not hold back. Some find him abrasive and always in search of a hot take but I think he's on point much of the time.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:54 PM

4,883 posts, read 3,973,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
It was horrendous. And I just watched Coach Patricia's news conference today. Not impressed.
Was he eating the whole time?

Old 09-16-2018, 09:04 AM

Lang is out. Ansah is questionable. Blount is questionable which could lead to more carries for Kerryon. Stafford has a history of blowing up after a bad performance and I hope that trend continues. Time to see what Patricia and this team are made of.

I'll be at my usual place today. With the Lions playing in the afternoon (same time as the local team) the plan is to arrive at my normal time to secure a place to sit for the afternoon and take in one of the morning games.

Think I'll roll with a Browns-Lions doubleheader and see if I can survive the day without morphing into an alcoholic.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:22 PM

Another b.s. call by the refs cost the Lions dearly. Tossing a late flag of defensive holding after Lions return an INT into field goal range. Jimmy G wasn't looking at the receiver in question nor was the throw anywhere near his direction.

Stafford looked a lot better and has the stats to show for it but overthrew too many receivers. Drops again but a crucial aspect is the Lions not being able to stop the run.

The noose is tightening around the neck of Jim Bob Cooter. Running stupid draw plays on 1st & 27.

There's still time but it feels like a rebuild coming up. T.J. Lang and Ziggy Ansah are eating too much money to always be injured.

Blount was ejected after a dumb personal foul coming off the sideline to avenge a late looking hit on Stafford but I appreciate the fire he has. Plus it gave Kerryon much needed time.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:11 AM
YAZ

I decided to watch the mighty Cards get their butts handed to them by arguably the best team in the NFC right now. It was debatable if I was going to have WJR on in the home office. Plus, I had 40 lbs. of New Mexico chiles to pack and I'm not a good multi-tasker.

I always get to read about the Lions game later. Kinda glad that I didn't sit through it. Penalties. Can't stop the run. More penalties. Overthrown passes. Another penalty.

Ugh.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:57 PM

Last night the Detroit Lions defeated the New England Patriots. Much of the focus outside of Detroit seems to be playing down the Lions achievement and the Patriots possibly coming off the rails or just in a slump poised for a comeback. Little attention is played to the Lions executing the best game top to bottom in years. Possibly even decades. I contend that last night was their best single performance since December 17, 1995 when the Lions laid waste to the expansion Jaguars on both sides of the ball.

Kerryon Johnson ended his night with 101 yards rushing and became the first Lions back in since Reggie Bush ran for a century against the Packers on Thanksgiving in 2013 (Joique Bell fells 6 yards short of going 100 in the same game).

What's striking to me is that there's not much for a highlight reel but they were consistent and effective with their plays and play calling on most drives. I can't think of the last time the Lions ran such an efficient offense and Big Play made an amazing play to pick off Brady. Defense was invulnerable most of the game. Most yards were given up during the garbage time prevent defense.

I'm set to lose to my fantasy football archnemesis this week and I don't care because I'm so high on the victory. Gulping the Honolulu Blue Kool-Aid all night long!

Old 10-01-2018, 04:38 AM
YAZ

And that's our Lions. Coming off one of the best all around well played games in years, the defense simply fell apart . Can't stop ANYONE running. Three defensive holding calls during ONE Dallas drive. A bonehead move by lining up offsides.

OK. OK.

One could ask "How can one rough the passer when he still is up and has the ball?"

Yeah, that call left me scratchin' my head. But it doesn't excuse the offensive play calling.....NOT getting Johnson in the game more.

And that's our Lions.

We find ways to lose.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:15 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,545,104 times
And here come the Packers! Packers game was strange against a rookie QB, Lions will be a better test to see where this team is in terms of their defense! Division games are always the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or