U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2018, 07:27 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,377,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
And that's our Lions. Coming off one of the best all around well played games in years, the defense simply fell apart . Can't stop ANYONE running. Three defensive holding calls during ONE Dallas drive. A bonehead move by lining up offsides.

OK. OK.

One could ask "How can one rough the passer when he still is up and has the ball?"

Yeah, that call left me scratchin' my head. But it doesn't excuse the offensive play calling.....NOT getting Johnson in the game more.

And that's our Lions.

We find ways to lose.

Lions are to blame for the poor defense and not giving Kerryon more carries. Refs, though, played an impact. Cowboys offensive line got away with muggings and that penalty for the hit on Dak was ridiculous. No whistle but they decide to penalize after the fact because they intended too or something. So bizarre. But it was Walt Coleman and he has a long established history of being a terrible ref and jobbing the Lions. Martha needs to file a formal complaint with the NFL. Coleman should not be able to officiate a game involving the Lions. Unrelated to the Lions he's also the Tuck Rule guy and I've read he's no longer to officiate Raiders games (a claim I cannot confirm).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 08:29 AM
YAZ

7,083 posts, read 11,864,294 times
Please don't laugh at me.

A Lions' loss today will end their post season hopes.

Oh well.

Maybe I'll follow the Browns the rest of the way.....they are fun to watch.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:56 PM

Lions now have 3 consecutive wins over Green Bay. This hasn't happened since I was around 9 or 10. Some are downplaying the win because Crosby missed a bunch of field goals and Aaron was a turnover machine and the margin of victory was only 10 points. A win against a division rival is a major win and the Lions will go into the bye with an opportunity blaze a new path. Not out of it yet.

Glad to see Kerryon on his feet and moving about. Losing him would be a major blow. This kid and Kenny G are the future. Both need to be maximized while Stafford is in his prime.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:13 PM

11,727 posts, read 11,567,118 times
Fans tend to pick games apart, win or lose. Lions won, but 4 missed FGs and an extra point, unreal. Rodgers and this offense are a mess. Enjoy the win, it goes as a W in the standings no matter how you got it. 3 consecutive wins, yes, but 2 of those were on Hundley! When the season started, I said it was going to be a wild ride, I stand by that remark!

Old 10-08-2018, 04:45 AM
YAZ

I should be a bit more positive, especially when my team is broadcast way out here in the desert. Geez, the weather lately has reminded me of Thanksgiving.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:37 AM
YAZ

So.....I scanned the TV listings last weekend and raised my eyebrows when I saw that the Seattle-Detroit game was going to be broadcast on regular TV here.

Went out to Sunday brunch with my lady and did the math when I looked at the time. I was gonna miss the kickoff. No big deal. I'll catch the second half.

Got home and turned on the boob tube. We got the 'Skins game instead.....the newspaper lied to me. Listened to the radio instead.

This team is a joke. I really believe that two of our wins this year came about from pure bad luck from the losers. One victory. One. And any Fins' fan can come on here and tell us why. I haven't looked into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Miami had a key player or three inactive.

Five games left against NFC Norris Division teams.....I really don't think the Lions can win any of 'em.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:15 PM
YAZ

I'm not excited about a third round draft pick for Golden Tate. It could be considered that the GM made a bold "football move" by this trade. Smart, but not bold. Tate wasn't gonna be part of the Lions' scheme next year.....the free agent cost would be enormous.

Quin just cut his losses. He knows the Lions won't be playing in January and figured he'd get something out of it. Kinda like selling the boat to help finance a swimming pool.

Time will tell, and I'll chant the Lions' mantra:

Wait 'til next year!

Old 11-01-2018, 10:08 PM

52,095 posts, read 41,903,893 times
Lions have enough talent to not make the playoffs but enough to impact whom wins the division based upon when they show up with a strong game.

For example, they play the Bears twice in the next 4-5 weeks so who knows what happens there?

*shrug* the NFL is a fickle animal from week to week.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I'm not excited about a third round draft pick for Golden Tate. It could be considered that the GM made a bold "football move" by this trade. Smart, but not bold. Tate wasn't gonna be part of the Lions' scheme next year.....the free agent cost would be enormous.

Quin just cut his losses. He knows the Lions won't be playing in January and figured he'd get something out of it. Kinda like selling the boat to help finance a swimming pool.

Time will tell, and I'll chant the Lions' mantra:

Wait 'til next year!

Tate was a fan favorite but the trade makes perfect sense from an operations standpoint. Some reports indicate that Tate nixed a contract offer so the move was all but assured. There was even a guy on Reddit with "connections" that said Tate was going to be traded and Philly was the likely destination. Must have been in the works. Quinn knew Tate wasn't going to be re-signed and finagled a 3rd round pick and freed up cap space. Kenny G is the future of the receiver corps and the team is high on Powell (as was Tate).

It looks like this is a retooling year but the division is not lost. Tough games ahead but Minnesota is in shambles, Packers have already been defeated once and the surging Bears have not fared well against the Lions over the past few years. Anything can happen in the NFC North going forward.

We've got Snacks.

Old 11-04-2018, 02:20 PM

Whatever optimism I had 3 days ago is now gone. Back to back weeks where the offense didn't show up. The offensive line vanished into thin air play after play. Gaining wins within the division was crucial and now the hole is getting deeper heading into Chicago next Sunday.

The offense, in general, has not improved and are playing like Caldwell is still the coach. Jim Bob needs to go. Patricia must put his foot down and get this clown out of Detroit. Inept week after week. No cohesion nor steady play. Stafford and the receivers are too good for this style of offense.

Vikings had more sacks today than the Lions had points. Nail meet coffin. The season is over. Hope Cassel is ready for some snaps as the odds of Stafford picking up a concussion or injury could be near with this line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or