U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2011, 11:41 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,876,260 times

Advertisements

The jerseys still had the fold lines on them. Bandwagon is open, start loading. One guy had a Tigers hat so he may be legit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 12:42 PM

4,848 posts, read 6,362,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
The jerseys still had the fold lines on them. Bandwagon is open, start loading. One guy had a Tigers hat so he may be legit.
In all honesty there has been no reasons to buy Lions gear. Take it from a guy that owned 2 Joey Harrington jersies.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:34 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
Lions acquire Ronnie Brown from Philly. Best must be hurt worse than thought?

Old 10-18-2011, 08:13 PM

51,934 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Good win against the Bears. Salute.

Better not lose many more, the Bears may figure out their o-line problems and Detroit has a rough end to the season. It's all moot though, neither team is beating the current packers squad unless injuries cut them down.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:02 PM

4,848 posts, read 6,362,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Good win against the Bears. Salute.

Better not lose many more, the Bears may figure out their o-line problems and Detroit has a rough end to the season. It's all moot though, neither team is beating the current packers squad unless injuries cut them down.
Say what you want about your Bears but our Lions are taking the Packers out on Turkey Day.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:53 PM

16,411 posts, read 26,235,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Say what you want about your Bears but our Lions are taking the Packers out on Turkey Day.
Go Bondurant!! I agree!

Old 10-19-2011, 05:49 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
Packers/Lions game on T-day will be major, no matter what both teams do beforehand! I'm sure the number of viewers will be high.

McCarthy has the Pack in "do not take anything for granted" mode. All the talk about "hangover" just didn't happen but team still has some issues. I don't buy undefeated hype, look at the Lions as a major threat, major!

Old 10-19-2011, 07:52 AM

16,527 posts, read 20,975,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Packers/Lions game on T-day will be major, no matter what both teams do beforehand! I'm sure the number of viewers will be high.

McCarthy has the Pack in "do not take anything for granted" mode. All the talk about "hangover" just didn't happen but team still has some issues. I don't buy undefeated hype, look at the Lions as a major threat, major!
Susancruzs is right, that game is going to be huge. If I were to take a guess, I would go back to the early 60's when both clubs had the records they had with a Thanksgiving Day showdown coming up.

It's only five weeks away, am looking forward to that one!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:11 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,843,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Susancruzs is right, that game is going to be huge. If I were to take a guess, I would go back to the early 60's when both clubs had the records they had with a Thanksgiving Day showdown coming up.

It's only five weeks away, am looking forward to that one!
I can't wait till Turkey day! My favorite holliday! Family, friends, football, good health and good food... Can't ask for much more than that!! Lucky to be me... and I'm thankful for all I get to enjoy!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:38 AM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,845,555 times
Jahvid Best had his second concussion this year; more tests done today to try to clear him to play vs. the Falcons.

Traded Jerome Harrison (the pride of Kalamazoo) and a 7th round pick in 2013 to the Eagles for Ronnie Brown, who's been in the Philly doghouse since his boneheaded play at the goal line a few weeks ago. Brown hasn't touched the ball since......

Harrison (Lions) has been inactive the last 2 weeks. Kinda surprising as he looked real good during the preseason.

Even if Best is cleared to play, look for Maurice Morris to do most of the work (IMHO) on Sunday.

I like Moe. He's one of those guys that just quietly does his job. He's a 3 or 4 yards then a cloud of dust runner, and it may be just what the Lions need right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or