U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2011, 04:32 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,379,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
as I said on another thread '' it may happen....carolina can be one scary team.....and then the ex bear factor, ron rivera head coach....a carolina upset? stafford knocked out? '' detroit to miss the playoffs and go 8-8...
The "ex bear factor" means nothing. So much for your prediction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 04:40 PM

11,729 posts, read 11,570,688 times
The come back kids, great game! If the Pack plays like they did today, Lions will have a good day on Thursday! Go Pack Go!

Old 11-20-2011, 06:25 PM

2,495 posts, read 3,647,604 times
That defense needs to spend extra time watching films of the packers game. How do you allow the panthers to put up 35pts? What will GB score - 100? This heart attack football must end if we are serious about the post season. Good win, but we must do better!!!!

Old 11-20-2011, 07:09 PM

I'm not convinced the Packers will have an easy time of it, you should have seen the Pack today!

Packers had a tough time with the Bucs. Defense tried to tackle Blount 6 times I think but he gets in for a TD. I'm sure it will be shown over and over on all channels has to be the run of the day.

Thursday's game will be an interesting one that is for sure!

Old 11-20-2011, 07:12 PM

2,495 posts, read 3,647,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm not convinced the Packers will have an easy time of it, you should have seen the Pack today!

Packers had a tough time with the Bucs. Defense tried to tackle Blount 6 times I think but he gets in for a TD. I'm sure it will be shown over and over on all channels has to be the run of the day.

Thursday's game will be an interesting one that is for sure!
I saw the play. While the Packs defense was unable to stop him, you have to remember that they are 10-0 for a reason. Their offense is just that good. Besides, Detroit does not have a running back as massive as legarrette blount. Anyway, i hope you are right about our chances because I am beginning to lose fate!

Old 11-20-2011, 07:38 PM

Hard for Pack fans to get used to as last year the defense bailed out the offense quite a few times, when games were close, this year not so much. Defense is very much up and down, not consistent.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:56 AM

52,095 posts, read 41,919,559 times
That win was the difference between Lions teams of the past and where they are today.

I remember when they used to be a dangerous team that always put up a good fight and then lost by 3pts.

Congratulations, those are the wins Detroit has to put in the W column as most of their remaining weeks are against much tougher competition.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:47 AM
YAZ

7,083 posts, read 11,866,171 times
Geez.

To start off the game......3 possessions.....3 turnovers.

Lions dug a real deep hole for themselves and somehow, someway came away with a W.

It was the Kevin Smith show for a while there.

I thought he was done with that nasty knee injury last year. In fact, I swear that I haven't even seen him on the roster this season.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:28 AM

52,095 posts, read 41,919,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Geez.

To start off the game......3 possessions.....3 turnovers.

Lions dug a real deep hole for themselves and somehow, someway came away with a W.

It was the Kevin Smith show for a while there.

I thought he was done with that nasty knee injury last year. In fact, I swear that I haven't even seen him on the roster this season.
They can get away with slow starts against inferior teams.

Detroit is a wildcard calibre team, for them to get to the next level that is one of the areas they need to work on.

In looking at the remaining schedules and the teams in the wildcard hunt....Detroit needs Atlanta to have some losses. Bears are going to do ok even with hanie so they are very likely the ohter WC. The Dallas\Giants division fight has them playing twice in the next 6 weeks so the loser will likely fall out of WC contention.

So realistically, unless some 5-5 team goes on a massive win streak it will be 2 of the Bears, Lions, Falcons in the WC slots with the Bears holding the tiebreaker over the Falcons and the Falcons having it over the Lions.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:39 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They can get away with slow starts against inferior teams.

Detroit is a wildcard calibre team, for them to get to the next level that is one of the areas they need to work on.

In looking at the remaining schedules and the teams in the wildcard hunt....Detroit needs Atlanta to have some losses. Bears are going to do ok even with hanie so they are very likely the ohter WC. The Dallas\Giants division fight has them playing twice in the next 6 weeks so the loser will likely fall out of WC contention.

So realistically, unless some 5-5 team goes on a massive win streak it will be 2 of the Bears, Lions, Falcons in the WC slots with the Bears holding the tiebreaker over the Falcons and the Falcons having it over the Lions.
I love how Bears fans keep telling themselves they have no worries (even with untested QB taking over the team) and they will easily secure the wild card barring mystical forces. You guys just cannot grasp that the Millen era is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or