U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2011, 06:05 PM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Fat Albert was axed 5 games for stomping on a guys head. Suh will get 2-3.

Lions hung tough despite penalties and Suh snapping and losing Smith. The next few weeks will be tough but I expect a few wins. Stafford needs go make better decisions, though, to secure more wins.
But the 64-dollar question is will they make the playoffs?

They SHOULD win at least 3 of the last 5 which makes them 10-6 or better but 10-6 may not get it done.

Beating NO or the Packers and winning all the games they should would have them finish 4-1 and secure a WC spot.

I warned some people about their schedule getting tougher....I know you seem to be holding out hope that the Bears will somehow fall apart vs. a bunch of scrub teams but I don't see that happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 05:02 AM

4,848 posts, read 6,362,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
But the 64-dollar question is will they make the playoffs?

They SHOULD win at least 3 of the last 5 which makes them 10-6 or better but 10-6 may not get it done.

Beating NO or the Packers and winning all the games they should would have them finish 4-1 and secure a WC spot.

I warned some people about their schedule getting tougher....I know you seem to be holding out hope that the Bears will somehow fall apart vs. a bunch of scrub teams but I don't see that happening.
I'm not holding out hope for anything. Playoffs or not this is the best Lions season in a decade. Things are moving in the right direction. I expect them to fight it out regardless of any playoff scenarios you have set out. If the get in great, if not, I can deal with it. The next 2-3 seasons are what I'm looking forward too.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:05 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,537,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
Is suh an idiot...and the coaching staff that continues to allow that? and all the fans that agree with that type of play...he should be suspended 4 games...

I actually think Suh is delusional. He has to be. He really thinks in his head that he did nothing wrong. Now the cat is out of the bag, everyone will know how dirty of a player he is. I used to really like him until he played my Falcons, and even after that I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt still. Now I'm convinced that this guy is a nut.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:24 AM

21,320 posts, read 21,890,925 times
It's clear to me that Suh was simply defending himself against Dietrich-Smith who was laying on his back in a threatening manner and likely calling Suh bad names. Suh also manned up and admitted that he was the victim of persecution...

I apologize to my teammates and my fans and my coaches for putting myself in a position to be misinterpreted and taken out of the game.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:54 AM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,845,555 times
Y'all know that I'm a HUGE Lions fan.

I left the room after I saw what Suh did.

Suspension coming.

and well deserved.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:21 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
I thought for a while maybe it was my bears homerism that led me to think Suh was such an dirty player. Glad to see it confirmed and it wasn't me being blinded. His press conference after was a joke.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:28 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
Easy, easy, no shouting, no need to do caps! I went to the Lions website, which is structured similar to Packers.com, and they let people post comments after their dot.com editor had an article on Suh.

They didn't block negative comments, plenty out there from their fans. I hope they handle it in a positive manner, try to tame the outrage. The team is young, they have promise, this player and his incidents should not define them (hopefully)! Now is the time for them to take the bull by the horns, make a statement as to what their direction is, team philosophy is.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:41 PM

4,848 posts, read 6,362,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
I AGREE, BUT THE PRESS CONFRENCE BY THE AIRHEAD QB [REMEMBER HE TACKLED DJ MOORE BY THE HELMET AND SUHDIT RIPPING CUTLERS HELMET OFF TELL ME THIS DIRTY PLAY IS CONDONED BY THE IDIOT IDIOT COACH!] AND IDIOT COACH ARE A JOKE TO, I HOPE THE LIONS GET THERE ''SES KICKED THE REST OF THE SEASON....
GO BEARS!
Please stop spamming the Lions thread with drivel. This isn't a Bears thread.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:42 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,975,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I'm aware there is a thread on the Detroit forum regarding the Lions.

But this is how I handle this particular forum. This thread is similar to the other NFL threads. Team threads are for fans of these teams and are set up for team business; discussion of past games, injury reports, upcoming games, player transactions, etc.

Other fans can post on those threads to compare notes along the subject matter. Posting on a thread and dumping on a club just for yucks is O-U-T.

Keep that in mind. Thank you.
After reading the last few posts I thought I better bring this up for for clarification on team threads-again.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:38 AM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,845,555 times
The 7-4 Lions will again be on national tv Sunday night.

Da Bears helped us out this week.

8-4 would mean another step towards a playoff spot; 7-5 would make things very interesting in the NFC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or