Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 09:13 AM

6,401 posts, read 8,916,633 times

Advertisements

Week 13 brings us a game between an underachieving team and an overachieving team: Detroit v Indy.

I would like to say this home game should be a certain victory for Detroit but it is not. Andrew Luck has helped bring the Colts back to life. The Lions have hung on in many of the losses thus far but can never seal the deal. Still, I think this should be a good game and fun to watch. I'll even make sure I get out to one of the local bars to catch this one. Stafford and Luck could both light up the sky today. Two dome accustomed gunslingers going at it. Even if I'm not the most optimistic, I'll pick the Lions for a victory.

Lions 30
Colts 24
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 03:41 PM

I knew they were toast on the final drive. The collapse was pure Lions. Kudos to Luck. He brings a lot to the table. At least we have next year.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:28 AM
YAZ

7,697 posts, read 14,009,321 times
Colts did't give up; Lions did.

All I want for Christmas is two defensive backs.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:53 PM

Titus is "injured". Merry Christmas, Titus.

Detroit Lions put Titus Young on injured reserve, ending his season | Detroit Lions | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 PM

14,284 posts, read 14,514,220 times
So what Lions team will we see at Lambeau on Sunday, guns ablazing, or not so much? I'm thinking they play hard, it is the Packers after all.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
So what Lions team will we see at Lambeau on Sunday, guns ablazing, or not so much? I'm thinking they play hard, it is the Packers after all.
Lions pull out first win in Green Bay since '91 and roll into Glendale for another road win the following week and lose the remaining games on the schedule and finish 6-10.

The win at Lambeau salvages Schwatz's job for one more year.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:33 PM

Anything is possible, Packers aren't playing lights out ball and they need to focus on the Lions not Bears following week.

How do you feel about Schwartz (I probably could read back and find the answer). Is his job safe for another year? He just doesn't seem to have control of the team, they add more pieces, the talent is there but is he the right leader???

Old 12-04-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Anything is possible, Packers aren't playing lights out ball and they need to focus on the Lions not Bears following week.

How do you feel about Schwartz (I probably could read back and find the answer). Is his job safe for another year? He just doesn't seem to have control of the team, they add more pieces, the talent is there but is he the right leader???
After the debacle against Indy some are calling for his head. Personally, I'd like to see him have another year to try and right the ship. He did deliver this franchise to the playoffs for the first time in over a decade and is building a nice offense (despite lack of a running game). Not bolstering the defense leaves me a bit stunned. Some are calling his credibility into question: his challenge flag on Turkey Day, dust up with Harbaugh last season and lack of control among players. Some don't think he's fit to run a team at this point. For me, the jury is still out. I think he deserves another year. Plus, I don't see anyone that appealing out there unless someone like Cowher could be brought on board (I don't see that happening with the Fords). I also think the Lions are still lacking in the GM department. Schwartz has not control there. I don't want Schwartz to be a scapegoat. At this point his job could be on thin ice but I think a win in Green Bay would guarantee him another year.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:56 PM

Good points and you're right, who else is out there that want to take on the team plus the Fords, not an easy task. Some places are much easier to work your way into, other markets, cities not so much. Detroit isn't for the faint of heart (I can say that having worked corporate automotive for 33 years and living in the midwest)!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:06 PM

Others aren't as down on Mayhew as I am. Here's a look at his drafting success as compared to other GM's over the past 3 seasons. The criteria isn't all scientific. Mainly on the amount of players still with the team and remaining in the NFL.

Mayhew vs. top GM's - Pride Of Detroit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football