U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2013, 02:29 PM

16,410 posts, read 26,383,805 times

Advertisements

Well, I am very proud of the Lions today. Reggie Bush panned out exactly like I thought he would when I heard the news. I think this is going to be a big year for the Lions.

They really didn't look weak anywhere, and I think Calvin Johnson is going to be seeing more action this year because teams are going to start seeing just what a threat Reggie Bush can be (not to mention the other guys).

They do however need to work on STUPID penalties, this has been going on for way too long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 10:24 PM
YAZ

7,095 posts, read 11,909,970 times
I think we actually found a tight end in Fauria.

Suh got flagged for a bad block (rightfully so), but the league will probably suspend him (unrightfully so).

Old 09-16-2013, 10:19 AM
YAZ

Penalties killed the Lions vs. the Cards.

Akers showed why he was cut last year.

I really dig Joique Bell but if there is no Reggie Bush, then there is no running game.

The defensive backfield is slightly better than last year.

Slightly better than "sucks".......still sucks.

8 more losses until doomsday for Coach Schwartz ......

Old 09-17-2013, 11:03 AM

89 posts, read 157,087 times
With Bush, it feels like how it was with Best. Once he's out of the game, the offense is missing that piece they need to keep rolling. Not quite sure what Detroit was doing before the end of the first half, running the ball aimlessly. Either grow some balls and throw it down the field, or take a knee and head to the locker room.

Impressions after week two? Same Ol' Lions. The Vikings don't appear to be particularly good, so it could have given false hope for the rest of the season. I'm really hoping that's not the case, but I fear it might be.

The Lions better come with their helmets strapped on for Washington, this is a big game for them. An 0-3 start would almost kill their playoff chances. Lets stop with the dumb penalties, convert some third downs and get it going again boys.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:07 AM

13,343 posts, read 17,537,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post

The defensive backfield is slightly better than last year.

Slightly better than "sucks".......still sucks.
I think the technical term is: bad.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:11 AM

13,343 posts, read 17,537,964 times
Lions better win this one or they'll hear "same ole Lions".
Their strength: passing offense is the Redskins's weakness: pass defense, so there should be no excuses.
A running RG3 might be unleashed ... watch out!

Old 09-22-2013, 02:25 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,979,850 times
Grats to the Lions for the big win in Washington to improve their record there to 1-21 all time.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:24 AM

3,119 posts, read 7,185,803 times
The Lions SPANKED! SPANKED the Bears! Imagine what it would feel like to thump the Packers next Sunday.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:21 PM

11,745 posts, read 11,617,915 times
Would be huge as they haven't won at Lambeau lately. According to the Milw. Journal Sentinel: The last time the Lions won in Wisconsin was Dec. 15, 1991, over 20 years ago! Wow!!!

Packers are beat up, if they don't have Clay Matthews, Casey Hayward back, could be a long day for them. Division games are always exciting! Here's to a good game (and, of course, I want a different outcome)!

Old 10-28-2013, 11:53 AM
YAZ

Two thrillers in a row at home....one loss and one victory.

Four turnovers vs. Dallas and still win?

Well, when we have Megatron & Stafford playing I s'pose it's plausible.

Defense kept the Lions in the game but I really think the Cowboys gave it to the Lions with that holding call against them during Dallas' final possession. Basically, it gave the Lions 40 more precious seconds to go 80 yards.

Smart call by Schwartz.....declining the penalty.....

Even smarter was Stafford...surprised everyone.....even his teammates....with that gutsy sneak to tie it up.

Is Calvin Johnson the best receiver in the game?

Yes.

GB vs. Detroit on Thanksgiving. This is our Superbowl, Lions fans.

I'm just hoping this game has meaning; other than the Packers trying to seal up home field advantage for the playoffs.

Bye week next.

Then off to Soldier Field for a much needed road victory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or