U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2014, 01:50 AM

16,411 posts, read 26,231,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post

We're seeing the Lions problems. The have a poor decision-making apparatus. It's reactive more than it is forward-thinking.

I've seen the Lions' problems since I was old enough to watch football.

I'll never forget being 5 years old and hearing my grandpa swearing at the TV on thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 08:18 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
Joe Lombardi is now the OC for the Detroit Lions. He's been with the Saints since 2007 as their QB coach. This is shaping up to help Stafford, if he gets off his high horse and stops saying he doesn't need help. People keep looking at the yards he puts up but there is more to it than just flinging the ball!

Of course, Lombardi has head coach aspirations and needs to go the OC route first probably!

Old 01-26-2014, 09:14 AM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,844,202 times
Jim Schwartz is the newest DC in Buffalo.......fourth one in as many years for the Bills.

Any chance that he'll be a Head Coach again?

Old 01-26-2014, 10:58 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
I saw that, got me to wondering, too! I'm not sure if he is HC material, then again, I might be swayed by the media hype not his abilities. The only coaching I see on an up close basis is the Packers and they aren't exactly fire and brimstone.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:23 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,361,294 times
Good job, Cliff!

At least the Lions will have some link to a Super Bowl victory.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:09 PM

3,116 posts, read 7,158,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I think Lions really are that good though. Stafford takes a lot of crap from people, but he's not an elite quarterback. He is still one of the best quaterbacks in the league though. Besides Brady, Manning, Brees.. how many people would you rather have than Stafford? Our receivers are awesome, running game is very good.
The Lions are a better than average team, but they are far from being loaded at wide receiver. After Calvin Johnson, they don't have any wide receivers that would qualify to be 2nd or 3rd on most if not almost all of the other teams. Johnson is aging and has also been playing hurt. The team isn't doing too well in the tight end department, either. Drafting or obtaining a wide receiver that can start as a legitimate #2 is a top priority this off-season.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:34 AM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,844,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
The Lions are a better than average team, but they are far from being loaded at wide receiver. After Calvin Johnson, they don't have any wide receivers that would qualify to be 2nd or 3rd on most if not almost all of the other teams. Johnson is aging and has also been playing hurt. The team isn't doing too well in the tight end department, either. Drafting or obtaining a wide receiver that can start as a legitimate #2 is a top priority this off-season.
That was a good call, as the Lions just released Nate Burleson along with DB Louis Delmas.

They'll probably be picking WRs early in the draft, and I expect the Lions to go after some FAs for their defensive secondary.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:15 PM

5,147 posts, read 6,339,171 times
Still think their problem is simply lack of discipline on the field. Herm Edwards starts his analysis with that every time. Says the average game penalties of Detroit exceed what a good team would get. And the fouls are cheap and meaningless. One coach's opinion, true. But I think it is more important in that it reflects the mentality of the coach. Maybe a new coach will take heed and start benching people who harm the team too much.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:15 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,361,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Still think their problem is simply lack of discipline on the field. Herm Edwards starts his analysis with that every time. Says the average game penalties of Detroit exceed what a good team would get. And the fouls are cheap and meaningless. One coach's opinion, true. But I think it is more important in that it reflects the mentality of the coach. Maybe a new coach will take heed and start benching people who harm the team too much.
I wonder what Herm's own analysis would be of his 54-74 record as a head coach.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:54 PM

5,147 posts, read 6,339,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I wonder what Herm's own analysis would be of his 54-74 record as a head coach.
Clever. How many games have you won in the NFL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or