Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2014, 10:26 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I am loyal to the train wreck that is the Detroit Lions.
More fun than a roller coaster.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 10:29 AM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
NFL has moved on to their next "thing", the top 100 players voted on by other NFL players not the fans. However, they don't (as far as I know) list who and how many are polled.

Stafford has fallen like a rock and is #100. I still say if that young man had strong coaching, was willing to work hard on suggestions all along he would be in the top 10. He has said over and over he doesn't need it, all QBs need it. Rodgers needed it but in his case he got to sit and go through McCarthy's QB school for 3 years.

Lions are very frustrating, I do sympathize with their fans. My niece and her hubby are diehards, fly from Iowa to Detroit for a game or two and always drive up to Minnie for a game. The up and down, hot one year bad the next, or letting a season go when they have it in the bag, mind boggling.

I already miss Shawn Hill.

Be glad that you didn't have to hang out at the old Pontiac Silverdome.

It got ugly in there.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:55 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
If it weren't for the Red Wings, I would be in a mental institution.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:01 PM

Browns, @ Raiders, Jaguars, and @ Bills

Preseason Champs!

On a more serious note, what do you think the record will be this season? I'm going with an over confident 11-5 with 8-8 being the more probable outcome. I always want to believe but then I remember that, despite the talent, it's still the Lions.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:56 AM

975 posts, read 1,404,115 times
Quote:
Browns, @ Raiders, Jaguars, and @ Bills

Preseason Champs!

On a more serious note, what do you think the record will be this season? I'm going with an over confident 11-5 with 8-8 being the more probable outcome. I always want to believe but then I remember that, despite the talent, it's still the Lions.
Here are my predictions:

• 1 Sep 8 7:10PMEDT + Giants (W)
  • 2 Sep 14 1:00PMEDT ) AT Panthers (W)
  • 3 Sep 21 1:00PMEDT ) Packers (W)
  • 4 Sep 28 1:00PMEDT ) AT Jets (W)
  • 5 Oct 5 1:00PMEDT ) Bills (W)
  • 6 Oct 12 1:00PMEDT ) AT Vikings (W)
  • 7 Oct 19 1:00PMEDT ) Saints (L)
  • 8 Oct 26 09:30AMEDT ) AT Falcons (L)
  • 9 BYE
  • 10 Nov 9 1:00PMEST * Dolphins (W)
  • 11 Nov 16 4:25PMEST ) AT Cardinals (L)
  • 12 Nov 23 1:00PMEST ) AT Patriots (L)
  • 13 Nov 27 12:30PMEST * Bears (W)
  • 14 Dec 7 1:00PMEST ) Buccaneers (W)
  • 15 Dec 14 1:00PMEST ) Vikings (W)
  • 16 Dec 21 1:00PMEST ) AT Bears (L)
  • 17 Dec 28 1:00PMEST ) AT Packers (L)

I say 10-6. However, we have a cream puff schedule until the Saints game (with only the Packers being a team that I see us having trouble with, and we get them at home). Actually, the schedule as a whole this season is very winnable. I see the Falcons and Cardinals as being "toss-ups" in my predictions as well. We win both we go 12-4, or we do what I put above and we go 10-6, or we win one and lose the other and go 11-5.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:00 AM
YAZ

9-7 with a wildcard playoff loss right here in AZ.

Cards are hosting the Lions again in Glendale, anyone here planning to go?

We caught the Tigers while they were in town. Verlander pitched OK.

50% Detroit fans in attendance. (rough guess)

Saw a couple of Cards vs. Lions out here (both AZ wins), Detroit has about a 25% fan showing at the games.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:07 AM
YAZ

I'm surrounded by Cardinals fans....at work and at home.....

But....after ten years in AZ, the Cards have started to grow on me.

So, looking at the first Monday night of the season.....we have the Lions for the early game and the Cardinals for the second game.

Shall I take a vacation day for the following Tuesday?

Ya know, so I can drink beer and stay up late.....

Or will I regret the fact that I wasted some hard earned time off?

Old 08-03-2014, 11:11 AM

I missed out the last 2 years on free tickets to the Lions games. Last year I missed out because I wasn't informed until Sunday morning when I was already at work. The year prior a guy sent me a Facebook message saying he had an extra ticket. I was in bed in the wee hours and didn't check my Facebook until after the game had taken place. Shamed that guy good. Always call with important and/or urgent news. Not everyone lives on Facebook. I am making it a point to go this year.

Went to the Verlander game as well. Easily a 50/50 crowd. Honestly, there may have been a slight edge to Detroit.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:03 PM
YAZ

Quote:
I missed out the last 2 years on free tickets to the Lions games. Last year I missed out because I wasn't informed until Sunday morning when I was already at work. The year prior a guy sent me a Facebook message saying he had an extra ticket. I was in bed in the wee hours and didn't check my Facebook until after the game had taken place. Shamed that guy good. Always call with important and/or urgent news. Not everyone lives on Facebook. I am making it a point to go this year.

Went to the Verlander game as well. Easily a 50/50 crowd. Honestly, there may have been a slight edge to Detroit.
Justin went deep for a long out to center.....enjoyed the fist bumps near the dugout at the end of the inning. Next time I'm in the upper deck I'm getting close to the railing. Free tickets so I'm not complaining.

Cards' fans are fairly nice to me while I'm in attendance in Glendale. Keep in mind that I've never seen Detroit win here.

A November game.....good tailgating weather.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Justin went deep for a long out to center.....enjoyed the fist bumps near the dugout at the end of the inning. Next time I'm in the upper deck I'm getting close to the railing. Free tickets so I'm not complaining.

Cards' fans are fairly nice to me while I'm in attendance in Glendale. Keep in mind that I've never seen Detroit win here.

A November game.....good tailgating weather.
I was in 101 just above the pool. There was a couple there, woman was preggo. After Verlander nearly went yard the guy said "If he hits a homerun tonight we're naming the kid Justin Verlander". Something to that effect.

My Suh jersey is ready to go. I've been to 3 events at University of Phoenix Stadium but never for a Cardinals game. Hoping to score a Lions ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football