U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2014, 11:03 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,377,822 times

Advertisements

Stafford is too erratic and up and down. He's a good quarterback but he's demonstrated that he's not franchise quarterback quality. Quite honestly, I'm not sure he brings much more to the table than Shawn Hill. Maybe my assessment is harsh but if I'm the GM and a team comes knocking come draft day and offers some attractive choices for Stafford, I pull the trigger.

Disappointed with the result on Sunday but cannot claim to be shocked. Sitting at 7-3 is still mighty impressive for our Lions but the remainder of the schedule isn't easy and they've struggled against teams they should have dispatched with ease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 06:20 AM

11,727 posts, read 11,567,118 times
I've said since the beginning when he would respond to criticism saying he didn't need a QB coach, his throwing motion and feet are fine that it might be a problem. To have a such a stubborn mindset about it when you have the arm is just plain selfish and not smart. He doesn't seem to be maturing into the position if that makes any sense.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:38 AM

10,577 posts, read 7,295,545 times
Detroit's only real chance to win in Green Bay rests on the possibility that Green Bay might be locked into the #2 seed going into that game, and thus largely rest their starters since they would have nothing for which to play.

Green Bay probably won't catch Arizona, who will likely be the #1 seed. Within the division, Detroit will probably fade (because... they're Detroit). As for the other division leaders, Dallas and Philadelphia will both likely fade so they're out of reach of Green Bay by the time week 17 rolls around, and the South is so bad that all the teams there are hopelessly out of running for anything but the #4 seed.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:27 AM

2,495 posts, read 3,646,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Stafford is too erratic and up and down. He's a good quarterback but he's demonstrated that he's not franchise quarterback quality. Quite honestly, I'm not sure he brings much more to the table than Shawn Hill. Maybe my assessment is harsh but if I'm the GM and a team comes knocking come draft day and offers some attractive choices for Stafford, I pull the trigger.

Disappointed with the result on Sunday but cannot claim to be shocked. Sitting at 7-3 is still mighty impressive for our Lions but the remainder of the schedule isn't easy and they've struggled against teams they should have dispatched with ease.
Couldnt have said it better. Agree completely

Old 11-23-2014, 11:40 AM

3,330 posts, read 2,131,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Detroit's only real chance to win in Green Bay rests on the possibility that Green Bay might be locked into the #2 seed going into that game, and thus largely rest their starters since they would have nothing for which to play.

Green Bay probably won't catch Arizona, who will likely be the #1 seed. Within the division, Detroit will probably fade (because... they're Detroit). As for the other division leaders, Dallas and Philadelphia will both likely fade so they're out of reach of Green Bay by the time week 17 rolls around, and the South is so bad that all the teams there are hopelessly out of running for anything but the #4 seed.
"Detroit will probably fade...because they're Detroit...." gives me a chuckle because it's the truth..sad to say...

Old 11-23-2014, 12:05 PM

11,727 posts, read 11,567,118 times
Well, Packers aren't pulling away from the Vikes, "D" is back to some of their old habits. Jennings and Johnson burned them, both former Packers. If they both lose, they're still tied!

Old 11-23-2014, 12:17 PM

14,602 posts, read 22,458,688 times
Tom Brady and the Pats are hurting the Lions' defensive stats so far.

Prater, 11 of 15. Sorry about that. He doesn't usually miss the long ones.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-23-2014 at 12:27 PM..

Old 11-23-2014, 03:10 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,377,822 times
If only dropped passes actually counted. This team would be damned impressive!

Old 11-25-2014, 02:42 AM

3,116 posts, read 7,166,946 times
Losing to the #1 and #2 teams in the NFL on the road is not a great cause for concern. However, the injuries to the offensive line and the offense's poor play all season is reason for concern. The defense has played its butt off and the anemic offense has been dragging the team down. They might be able to beat Chicago, Minnesota, and Tampa Bay at home and perhaps maybe beat Chicago on the road to finish 11-5 and get a wild card spot, but they'll lose the wild card game unless the offense improves. I don't see it happening.

I hope that they'll finish 11-5, but realistically I think 9-7 is more likely.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:28 PM

3,330 posts, read 2,131,645 times
Hope they hold on with 6 minutes to GO!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or