U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 11:49 AM

5,188 posts, read 3,501,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I believe they didn't overturn the findings (that he willfully hurt another player) but rather, reduced the sentence since he has been clean for 32 games (part of repeat-offender clause in CBA).

Suh's excuse to the appeals board: my feet were cold.
OK, if his feet were numb, why the fine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 12:07 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,607,028 times
It's pretty obvious what happened:

The Commissioner's office looked at the dirty play and wanted to enforce its rule book. No sooner did that enforcement take place before Fox Sports (or whoever's covering the game) freaked out over losing a marquee player and turned the NFL into its little sock puppet.

It's all about the money. If this had been a dirty player without Suh's play-making ability, he's on the bench. But because Suh is such a freak and an unpredictable player who commands viewer attention, he's playing this week.

I still don't think it'll will help Detroit win, but it'll make the game more competitive for sure.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:08 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,395,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
OK, if his feet were numb, why the fine?

What???
That was Suh's excuse for his behavior. It was rejected. He got fined the same as Raiola did for stomping.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:24 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
Really with so much at stake, taking a key player out for the playoffs, penalizing the whole team for one numbskull doesn't make sense even to me. He is who he is, not the sharpest tool in the shed, probably won't be back with the Lions.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:34 PM

2,493 posts, read 2,193,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Really with so much at stake, taking a key player out for the playoffs, penalizing the whole team for one numbskull doesn't make sense even to me. He is who he is, not the sharpest tool in the shed, probably won't be back with the Lions.
By penalizing the whole team there is hope that the team culture will change so peer pressure will get players to play clean. Many people would rather lose cash than let down their team mates.

The irony is that as a free agent, Suh has cost himself a lot more than $70k with his recent behavior.
Less teams will be interested and less likely to sign a long term contract. Also less endorsement money.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:49 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,395,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
By penalizing the whole team there is hope that the team culture will change so peer pressure will get players to play clean. Many people would rather lose cash than let down their team mates.

The irony is that as a free agent, Suh has cost himself a lot more than $70k with his recent behavior.
Less teams will be interested and less likely to sign a long term contract.
Also less endorsement money.

As much as I hate to admit it ... I doubt this very much. I think the Lions will franchise him.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:22 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,356,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Less teams will be interested and less likely to sign a long term contract. Also less endorsement money.
Show me an owner, GM or coach that does not want Suh on his team and I'll show you a liar. He's going to make a financial killing regardless of where he ends up.

Old 01-01-2015, 04:23 AM

2,495 posts, read 3,632,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Show me an owner, GM or coach that does not want Suh on his team and I'll show you a liar. He's going to make a financial killing regardless of where he ends up.
Shhhhh it's more fun reading wishful thoughts. Even GB is monitoring the Suh saga to see if they can pick him up. Brady just gave up 24mil by restructuring his contract...only a naive person will think he'd have a hard time gaining employment elsewhere but then again what do I know?

Old 01-01-2015, 06:35 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
GB doesn't have the funds to go after Suh, with so many of their own to resign. They do consider all players, I would have my doubts on this one! However, who had a clue about Peppers??? TT doesn't do much in FA typically!

Old 01-01-2015, 08:17 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,279,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Bahhahaha.. That's awesome. Thank you. I needed a good laugh.

mod edit-one sentence deleted

Do you know how rare it is that Ted Thompson picks up a free agent to begin with?

Yet he's gonna go after THAT head case?
I dont think so.

Let's see... If I was TT, who would I rather give a payday to? Eddie Lacy and Randall Cobb or a total freak show who is constantly making bonehead decisions?

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-01-2015 at 10:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or