U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 12:27 PM
YAZ

7,076 posts, read 11,853,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Thanks, Yaz, I wondered, too. I don't understand why they say judgment call when batting is illegal. Call definitely went Seahawks way. Lions are 0-4, a surprise to me, I don't get where they are this year.
It's up to the back judge to decide if it was intentional. It clearly was, it's just that the ref didn't think so.

Re where the Lions are this year:

For the first three games, the defense just wasn't prepared. Towards the end of the first half vs. San Diego, they were just plain tuckered out.

Against the Vikings, they could not contain Adrian Petersen. C'mon, they had to know that he was going to get the ball more than anyone else.......

Manning picked 'em apart all day; I'm guessing that the Lions' coaching staff thought it would be better to defend receivers than put pressure on Peyton. Lots of teams have tried that over the years and have lost. I s'pose they don't have access to game tapes?

I'll give the defense a not-so-emphatic "thumbs up" for their performance vs. Seattle. They kept 'em in the game all night.

The offense is tepid. It looks like that the Lions are lining up in simple formations and the opposing defenses are reading them. They know what they're going to do before the ball is snapped. Reminds me of the old Monte Clarke teams. Ugh.

Home vs. the Redbirds on Sunday, and I'll get to watch it and cry in my beer here in sunny Feeniks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 03:31 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,553,682 times
Lions played the Hawks tougher than I expected last night. It's unfortunate what happened at the end. I'm surprised this team is winless. The defense was very tough and the offense certainly better than what we're agonizing through with the Niners.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:00 PM

123 posts, read 229,175 times
Thanks Yaz! Kind of frustrating re the official...

Old 10-11-2015, 10:04 PM

4,850 posts, read 6,369,384 times
Everything is in shambles. The coaching staff is clueless, the o-line is abhorrent and ownership is apathetic. These Lions might beat the Bears. Emphasis on "might". Season is over.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:29 PM
YAZ

That was painful to watch.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:47 AM

28,514 posts, read 15,470,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Everything is in shambles. The coaching staff is clueless, the o-line is abhorrent and ownership is apathetic. These Lions might beat the Bears. Emphasis on "might". Season is over.
You said on the prior page that it was Manning's neck injury that ruined the Colts.

The issue is that Caldwell did not prep the entire team for duty, and their lack of preparedness ruined the Colts. The Lions are not being prepared properly.

Let me tell you what clued me in to Caldwell.

His first year post Dungy, they were 14-0. He sat the starters and they lost the last two games - and I could tell the subs were not prepared in the way they lost those games. Compare that to Belechick, where all of his players are prepared and ready to roll. I remember saying to myself - how is team 14-0 when they looked so bad in those two loses? Coaching.

You can look it up on the Colts forum where I predicted their demise because Caldwell is not a good head coach. Two years later - 2-14.

Like I said, 5-11 at best this year for the Lions, which means they need to go 5-6 the rest of the year.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:20 AM

1,335 posts, read 1,016,862 times
It has been ugly. I don't know if the issue with the passing game is coaching, the o-line or Matthew Stafford. I guess probably a combination of the three. One thing that isn't mentioned all that much but I have noticed is that Calvin Johnson has looked pretty human thus far. I think it is fair to wonder if he has started to decline.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:21 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,622,609 times
Finally! A WIN!! YAY!!!

Old 10-19-2015, 09:01 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,130,959 times
Congrats to the Detroit Lions!

Old 10-19-2015, 12:06 PM
YAZ

A lot of questionable calls from the refs, and a lot of questionable non-calls as well. If yesterday's game was played at Soldier Field, the Bears would've came away with a "W."

Coach Caldwell put OC Lombardi in the press box for the game, which certainly raised my eyebrows. The Lions' will have much more drama this year than wins.

Stafford made some mistakes, but we'll keep quiet about that for a week.......as the first win is in the books. Not to mention 405 yds passing along with four touchdowns. Well, they did play almost five quarters.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or