U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2015, 12:46 PM

3,962 posts, read 2,514,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You said on the prior page that it was Manning's neck injury that ruined the Colts.

The issue is that Caldwell did not prep the entire team for duty, and their lack of preparedness ruined the Colts. The Lions are not being prepared properly.

Let me tell you what clued me in to Caldwell.

His first year post Dungy, they were 14-0. He sat the starters and they lost the last two games - and I could tell the subs were not prepared in the way they lost those games. Compare that to Belechick, where all of his players are prepared and ready to roll. I remember saying to myself - how is team 14-0 when they looked so bad in those two loses? Coaching.

You can look it up on the Colts forum where I predicted their demise because Caldwell is not a good head coach. Two years later - 2-14.

Like I said, 5-11 at best this year for the Lions, which means they need to go 5-6 the rest of the year.
I have to admit, I do have my doubts about Caldwell as a Head Coach. Let's see what he gets out of the Lions going forward...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 06:41 AM

28,516 posts, read 15,474,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I have to admit, I do have my doubts about Caldwell as a Head Coach. Let's see what he gets out of the Lions going forward...
Well, this last game was one that I had reserved as a win. So far, they are on course...

Stafford seemed to be getting back into some old bad habits.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:54 PM

4,851 posts, read 6,370,582 times
The horror show continues. Stafford was dropped behind the line 7 times and hit over and over. At this rate it's a matter of time before he ends the season on the IR with an arm/shoulder/elbow/hand injury or broken ribs.

Here's how Mitch Albom summed it up:

Quote:
Seven sacks. Thirteen hits. There was no escape. The Vikings came down the middle; they pinned in from the sides. On one play, Stafford hadn't even turned to face the field when he was dragged down by a linebacker who was considerably faster than any player trying to block him.
"It's hard to comment on anything without seeing the film," said Lions tackle Riley Reiff, after the 28-19 stomping.
The film? Hey, Riley. I'll save you the trouble. You ever see "Inglourious Basterds?" You were the Germans.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:11 PM
YAZ

7,076 posts, read 11,855,377 times
Pathetic.

I'm very concerned that Stafford could end up with a career ending injury this season. I read a lot in the Detroit newspapers, especially Lions' fans comments regarding Stafford's capabilities. No one could have a good game with that incredibly bad blocking.

This isn't about play calling or game strategy anymore.

This is complete ineptitude by the team's management. From the owner all the way down to the lowest paid assistant coach. I work in an industry where safety is of the utmost importance. It's critical that we follow safe practices while making a profit, as carelessness can result in a life changing event.

I believe that Lions players are in extreme danger.

Oh.

Watching the speedy Alex Smith zip by two of the best Lions defenders was exciting.

Pathetic.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:49 PM

3,962 posts, read 2,514,962 times
I am beyond surprised that the Lions were beaten this badly

Old 11-01-2015, 05:58 PM

4,851 posts, read 6,370,582 times
Nothing is going to change unless there's a complete overhaul of the front office. The Ford's owe the long suffering fan base to sell the team as well.

Since the latter won't happen, I'll settle for the previous.

According to SBNation the Browns are interested in moving Thomas and/or Mack as part of a rebuild cycle. The Lions should take a serious look if true. Maybe the Browns would be interested in Stafford.

Megatron should be moved for a lot of picks in the offseason. He deserves to be sent somewhere that actually wants to win before he ends up like Barry. Can you imagine the same team destroying the passion of, arguably, the greatest running back and receiver of all time?

Thankfully we have a bye coming up but I doubt I'll be going out of my way to watch another game this season. I can't take much more of this garbage.

P.S. Stafford looks like Haley Joel Osment with a neck beard.

Last edited by Bondurant; 11-01-2015 at 06:30 PM..

Old 11-01-2015, 08:50 PM

689 posts, read 338,736 times
Not a Lions fan or haven't watched many Lions games this year but how the Lions go from an 11 (easily could've been 12 or 13 due to kicker issues) win team to what they are now?? I know they missing Suh but still shouldn't regressed this much.

Seems like Caldwell and some others seats are getting hot.

I read article saying the Boys should try to get Stafford to succeed Romo in the future but seeing how he preformed so far...I would disagree.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:26 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Not a Lions fan or haven't watched many Lions games this year but how the Lions go from an 11 (easily could've been 12 or 13 due to kicker issues) win team to what they are now?? I know they missing Suh but still shouldn't regressed this much.

Seems like Caldwell and some others seats are getting hot.

I read article saying the Boys should try to get Stafford to succeed Romo in the future but seeing how he preformed so far...I would disagree.
Stafford would be a good fit for Dallas. He could take the Cowboys deep into the playoffs. And Mathew would be close to home. But, the Lions won't deal ANYONE right now. Same for Megatron. Trade him to Atlanta. They'd prob'ly win a Super Bowl with him. Again, the Lions won't deal him either.

It's good that the Lions won't trade for draft picks right now, because they generally suck at drafting. The Fords couldn't care less about their football team. The names have changed over the years. From head office right down to equipment managers. The common denominator is the owner.

Bill Jr. even lost interest in this huge potential money maker. It's much easier competing with all of the other car manufacturers. His momma is in control now, and even the NFL won't relinquish the prime time spot Detroit has on Thanksgiving day.

This is a club that has 32 members. A sale must be approved by the NFL. Ain't gonna happen.

Same old story.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:23 AM

21,342 posts, read 21,922,845 times
Stafford has now taken on the look and pocket presence of a QB that has his best days behind him and is just trying to get out of the game in one piece.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:20 AM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Stafford has now taken on the look and pocket presence of a QB that has his best days behind him and is just trying to get out of the game in one piece.
He's getting killed out there. Fortunately, Stafford is much stronger than he was a few years ago. This isn't about missing a few games because of an injury anymore. This guy could end up in a wheelchair. Or worse. He's a good, hard working kid with a cannon attached to his shoulder.

I'm not even remotely qualified to be a football coach, but the Lions are doing him an incredible disservice by allowing him to drop back to pass. A mediocre defense was in his face all day at Wembley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or