U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 01:41 AM

4,854 posts, read 6,372,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Apparently the Lions are out of the hunt for a playoff spot.
Not mathematically but the odds are overwhelmingly against. If they win out they have a 4% chance of making the playoffs without the results of other games factored in. In short, the moon must align as a tree falls in Antarctica while Donald Trump praises Jeb as "high energy" for the Lions to make it. But it could happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 08:48 AM

4,325 posts, read 2,264,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Not mathematically but the odds are overwhelmingly against. If they win out they have a 4% chance of making the playoffs without the results of other games factored in. In short, the moon must align as a tree falls in Antarctica while Donald Trump praises Jeb as "high energy" for the Lions to make it. But it could happen.
Well I suppose that is true for the Lions and I think Chicago is also still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:31 PM

Next Monday it's down to New Orleans for a Monday night showdown. Not too long ago this may have seemed to have marquee value. Saints vs the up-and-coming Lions. Yet, here we are, with two teams that have fallen flat. At least it will give me something to do at work.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:14 PM

Martha Firestone Ford would like to retain Caldwell but will leave the final decision to whomever becomes GM. Austin reported to be candidate for Browns job.

Reports: Lions 'plan to retain' Jim Caldwell, Teryl Austin to interview with Browns - Pride Of Detroit

Lions currently tied 17-17 with Bears. Loser ends in division cellar. I'll take the cellar to gain a higher draft pick.

Old 01-09-2016, 12:27 PM

4,571 posts, read 7,041,891 times
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

Detroit Lions expected to name Bob Quinn, New England Patriots' pro scouting director, new general manager

Old 01-15-2016, 09:50 AM

Jim Caldwell lives to see another day in Detroit. Fine by me, at this point, as the best prospects have been hired. Once Lombardi was fired there was definitely a change. Still a bit worrisome that the Lombardi situation wasn't dealt with sooner but Firestone lit a fire under Caldwell's behind, I think. He also has the team which is very important. I am comfortable giving Caldwell another go.

The Detroit Lions will stick with Jim Caldwell in 2016 - Pride Of Detroit

Old 01-17-2016, 06:16 AM

2,495 posts, read 3,642,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I've watched it again, too, his thumb was in the facemask, the helmet moved, went down, sorry but the refs are going to call it.
Typical. So glad the season is over for the packers. Moving right along

Old 01-17-2016, 06:17 AM

2,495 posts, read 3,642,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Jim Caldwell lives to see another day in Detroit. Fine by me, at this point, as the best prospects have been hired. Once Lombardi was fired there was definitely a change. Still a bit worrisome that the Lombardi situation wasn't dealt with sooner but Firestone lit a fire under Caldwell's behind, I think. He also has the team which is very important. I am comfortable giving Caldwell another go.

The Detroit Lions will stick with Jim Caldwell in 2016 - Pride Of Detroit
It's either he shapes up or gets shipped out. He's lucky Marvin Lewis and Andy Reid still have jobs or his dull ass would have been unemployed. Deer in headlights ....

Old 01-18-2016, 06:59 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,559,537 times
So glad the season is over for the packers. Moving right along

Hi, Percentage, glad you are still around! Yeah, their season is over, but they will be back! Enjoy!

Old 01-18-2016, 11:21 AM

4,325 posts, read 2,264,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
So glad the season is over for the packers. Moving right along

Hi, Percentage, glad you are still around! Yeah, their season is over, but they will be back! Enjoy!
True. I'm sure Stafford will be back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or