Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 08:54 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,586,806 times

Advertisements

As long as there's a discussion about people who represent what's wrong with pro football, someone should at least mention the name of Jerry Jones (although as someone who doesn't subscribe to the Dallas Cowboy mythology, I must say I'm glad he owns that team, and not the one I root for!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 11:46 AM

11,237 posts, read 11,014,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael0603 View Post
No, Larry Craig made a "really stupid mistake."

Vick is nothing more than your typical dirtbag, thug athlete who is most likely puting on a front so he can play his football and "get his dollas."

Screw Vick, If I were the judge I would force vick to wear a weighted 40lb collar for months in preparation for his fight-to-the death while the court sits back making wagers on how long he can stay alive.

I have no sympathy for Vick, whatsoever.
I agree. He's scum. But in the end, if he brings Philly a championship, all that will be forgotton by most. He might be pathetic as a person, but has he ever been bad for his team (other than the negative off field PR)?

That's what this thread is about. Big Al got a huge payday. HUGE. And he embraced it with open arms knowing full well what the team, and Shanahan, was going to expect from him. Then he pretty much said F-You, my way or the highway. This man is a cancer for the sport, team, and fans.

And even as a lover of animals, if it came down to siding with Vick or Haynesworth, it would not be the latter of the two.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:07 PM

144 posts, read 120,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

And even as a lover of animals, if it came down to siding with Vick or Haynesworth, it would not be the latter of the two.
Vick should still be in prison - at least 1 year for every dog's cruel death he sponsored.

Further, Vick does not do "more for his team," his felonious actions caused him to desert his team indefinitely, therefore, doing NOTHING for his team and casued more damage to the sport and the city of Atlanta than Hayneswoth ever could.

I don't say this as an animal lover, either. I say this because that man is a knuckle-dragging criminal who should still be eating federally-issued slop mixed in garbage cans and stamping license plates behind razor wire and conrete walls. **** Michael Vick.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:01 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
The sport of football creates monsters and then whines about the monsters.
the sport of football whines about monsters?

Old 09-30-2010, 01:06 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
That actually wouldn't surprise me... An entourage and a lot of stripper paternity suits can take a big bite out of your backside.

For whatever bizarre reason, I'm going to step out on a limb and declare grown-man-baby Haynesworth unlikely to invest wisely.

My favorite moment in the entire Haynesworth saga was when 40-something Mike Golic, on a whim, stepped outside of the ESPN studios and successfully passed the conditioning test.
The magic of TV in action there.

Golic actually failed by 3 seconds on the second run. Merrill Hoge stated that on the show after the test was aired.

Mike Golic, the 47-year-old former NFL defensive tackle who's now an ESPN commentator, took the test on ESPN's NFL Live. Golic completed the two 300-yard shuttle runs in exactly the allotted time of 70 seconds for the first run and 73 seconds for the second.

After taking test, Mike Golic not impressed with Haynesworth

Still pretty good for being out of football for a while.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael0603 View Post
Further, Vick does not do "more for his team," his felonious actions caused him to desert his team indefinitely, therefore, doing NOTHING for his team and casued more damage to the sport and the city of Atlanta than Hayneswoth ever could.
It's all about the "Here and now" factor. Atlanta seems to be doing just fine without him, and Philly seems to be liking what he offers. Fans don't care as long as the team is winning.

This is a thread about AH. Why are we going back and forth about other undesirables? Let's stay on topic. I will if you will.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:43 PM

144 posts, read 120,895 times
Quote:
It's all about the "Here and now" factor. Atlanta seems to be doing just fine without him, and Philly seems to be liking what he offers. Fans don't care as long as the team is winning.

This is a thread about AH. Why are we going back and forth about other undesirables? Let's stay on topic. I will if you will.
Roger that.

Sorry, just have a special chamber of hatred in my heart for that guy and people like him.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:57 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,837,835 times
Quote:

Absolutely. Let's get the talk on this back to Haynesworth. Thank you.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-30-2010 at 08:42 PM..

Old 12-07-2010, 11:28 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times
The Redskins have suspended Haynesworth for the remaining four games of the season, without pay. Story on WaPo today.

For $32M this year, I'd play whatever way the team wants, take it to the bank, and shut up about it. IMO this guy is an idiot.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
The Redskins have suspended Haynesworth for the remaining four games of the season, without pay. Story on WaPo today.

For $32M this year, I'd play whatever way the team wants, take it to the bank, and shut up about it. IMO this guy is an idiot.
Good for the Skins. This has nothing to do with saving money. This was a statement. It was beyond time for this to happen. Human garbage like Haynesworth is bad for the league. Any team that picks this guy up next deserves what they get. Still, the ammount of $$ he's walking away with for what he has produced makes me want to toss my breakfast. Truly sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football