U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:57 PM

6,849 posts, read 7,941,816 times

Advertisements

Karma??? At least the Pats didn't waste all to acquire this guy. Who's the next stupid team that picks this guy up?

New England releases former All-Pro Albert Haynesworth - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 08:25 PM

923 posts, read 1,034,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
This is his last chance. If he does anything wrong, Belichek will bounce him out of town as he did with Moss. If that happens no team will be giving him any serious money....

The 100 million contract with the Redskins, 41 million was guaranteed.

Add that to the millions he made with Tennessee, reported over 20 million, and the 1.5 million from the Patriots this year.

Um, Albert shouldn't need anymore money!

Last edited by redd1skng; 11-08-2011 at 08:46 PM..

Old 11-08-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post
The 100 million contract with the Redskins, 41 million was guaranteed.

Add that to the millions he made with Tennessee, reported over 20 million, and the 1.5 million from the Patriots this year.

Um, Albert shouldn't need anymore money!
As someone already mentioned earlier.... He'll be broke soon enough. Between lost lawsuits and other poor decisions, it's just a matter of time. He's not capable of staying out of trouble. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he does some jail time in the near future for something or another. People like him are unhappy and vile. I expect to see plenty of him in the news in the future. Not in a good way though.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Soooooo...... During what week of the 2011 season will Big Al fall off the wagon? Is Belichick man enough to tame this moron? He's had good luck in the past, but Haynesworth is a "special" case.

I say by Week 10. Hopefully I'm wrong, but you just can't fix stupid.
Wow. I forgot I posted this one a while back. Damn I'm good! My only mistake was that I didn't clarify that it would be others who gave up on him.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:32 PM

Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding!!!!! We have a winner!!!

DT Haynesworth claimed off waivers by Buccaneers - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApzD7Mxq7ulOGiTwvWi0tLFDubYF?slug=ap-buccaneers-haynesworth - broken link)

If anyone wonders where the sense of entitlement comes from, look no further.

In a country where millions of hardworking, honest, law abiding Americans are struggling with unemployment, trash like Haynesworth never has to worry about having a job. It's no wonder why many pro athletes feel like they are above the law. The normal rules don't apply to them. This is just astounding!

Old 11-09-2011, 06:54 PM

11,751 posts, read 11,627,658 times
Yep, Tampa Bay! Reading some blogs today, scarey the number of teams people thought should give him a try!

I really think, not to be too general here, so many are wrapped up in fantasy football, they don't get the big picture of how important locker room cohesiveness is.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:09 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,863,275 times
Not that I approve of his attitude or anything, but why shouldn't he carry himself in such a d-bag like manner. He's filthy rich, and no matter what he does or rep is, other NFL teams still want to give him a chance. And it isn't just him. Look at Adam Jones as another example.

I really hate the idea of guaranteed money in this league. Maybe if players had to preform up to expectations both on and off the field or risk being cut and no more money, we'd see attitudes change and hear less and less about off the field incidents.

The owners have to share some of the blame in this. Them and fans who don't care what players on their team do or did so long as they can help win the game.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:04 PM

3,974 posts, read 2,535,070 times
I guess since Tampa lost McCoy for the season, that made them super desparate for a DT?

Old 11-09-2011, 11:13 PM

904 posts, read 1,642,935 times
Do other countries have this kind of problem with professional athletes being such selfish money hungry human beings? Look at the NFL Lockout that went on, the current NBA lockout, people like Albert Haynesworth being useless yet getting paid millions.

Does Europe have these kinds of problems with their star soccer players? Australia with their cricket players? China with their star ping-pong players? (ok, that last one isn't serious haha)

Old 11-10-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Do other countries have this kind of problem with professional athletes being such selfish money hungry human beings? Look at the NFL Lockout that went on, the current NBA lockout, people like Albert Haynesworth being useless yet getting paid millions.

Does Europe have these kinds of problems with their star soccer players? Australia with their cricket players? China with their star ping-pong players? (ok, that last one isn't serious haha)
It's quite doubtful. In other countries, players play for national, regional, and local pride, as well as for the love of the sport. Sure, I'm sure there are a few inflated egos out there, but overall, their priorities are quite different than those in America.

It also has to do with the overall culture. Americans focus on individuality, personal status, and wealth. Europeans, and people from many other countries, focus on the wellbeing of their people as a whole.

Last edited by ditchlights; 11-10-2011 at 07:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or