U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 09:52 PM

6,847 posts, read 7,905,746 times

Advertisements

Is Albert Haynesworth for real? This man is nothing more than a lazy, overpaid, arrogant, defiant, self absorbed unappreciative waste of oxygen. A perfect role model for today's black youth. Or better yet, ANY youth for that matter. He can't even speak proper english.

I guess in this world we dont have a lot of people with, like, backbones, Haynesworth said. Just because somebody pay you money dont mean theyll make you do whatever they want or whatever. I mean, does that mean everything is for sale?
I mean, Im not for sale. Yeah, I signed the contract and got paid a lot of money, but that dont mean Im for sale or a slave or whatever.

I'm tired of seeing this arrogant blowhard in every headline. He is an embarassment to the sport and to his team. And Jeff Fischer is thinking about bringing this guy back to the Titans? Fisher is way too high class to stoop that low. This guy is disgusting!

Haynesworth says contract doesn't make him 'slave' - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhPggUl71qZClTS3dRKIMLdDubYF?slug=ap-redskins-haynesworth - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 11:55 PM

7,240 posts, read 8,246,550 times
Gotta love guys who think they bigger than the team............

..........Not really. Lets also not forget this incident from 2006:

YouTube - Albert Haynesworth stomps Andre Gurode

Old 09-26-2010, 10:43 AM

4,854 posts, read 6,373,588 times
Dan Snyder knew what he was getting into. That's the risk he took in signing a fat waste of space like Fat Albert. Another "genius" move by Snyder.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:21 PM

23,655 posts, read 33,482,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Is Albert Haynesworth for real? This man is nothing more than a lazy, overpaid, arrogant, defiant, self absorbed unappreciative waste of oxygen. A perfect role model for today's black youth. Or better yet, ANY youth for that matter. He can't even speak proper english.

I guess in this world we dont have a lot of people with, like, backbones, Haynesworth said. Just because somebody pay you money dont mean theyll make you do whatever they want or whatever. I mean, does that mean everything is for sale?
I mean, Im not for sale. Yeah, I signed the contract and got paid a lot of money, but that dont mean Im for sale or a slave or whatever.

I'm tired of seeing this arrogant blowhard in every headline. He is an embarassment to the sport and to his team. And Jeff Fischer is thinking about bringing this guy back to the Titans? Fisher is way too high class to stoop that low. This guy is disgusting!

Haynesworth says contract doesn't make him 'slave' - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhPggUl71qZClTS3dRKIMLdDubYF?slug=ap-redskins-haynesworth - broken link)
I lived in the DC area when Albert signed with the Skins. I don't remember one Skins fan I talked to that said ANYTHING along the lines of this being a GOOD signing.

The Skins deserve anything they get from this signing. You knew those 2 good years in Tennessee were only show for the money. The incident with Andre Gurode. The Skins knew the guy they were giving $100 mill to.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:28 AM

10,963 posts, read 8,062,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Dan Snyder knew what he was getting into. That's the risk he took in signing a fat waste of space like Fat Albert. Another "genius" move by Snyder.
Actually for a couple of years he was one of the better defensive tackles in football with the Tennessee Titans. But for $100 million dollars you got to have a guy that is the total package in terms of on the field performance, team leadership, and being an asset in terms of team public relations. Haynesworth has failed woefully in terms of return on investment in all three areas.

Dan Synder has a history of overpaying for players, just add one more to the list.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:35 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,416,462 times
yea, he is TERRIBLE example of a pro athlete...

Old 09-27-2010, 10:36 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,872,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

I'm sure there's a spot for him on the Eagles....they already have Vick, can't get much lower than that.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:41 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,900,220 times
He was one of the guys a lot of teams (Like the Texans) took off their draft boards because of 'character issues'.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:41 PM

10,543 posts, read 12,022,416 times
They should sue him for breach of contract.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 PM

6,847 posts, read 7,905,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
But for $100 million dollars you got to have a guy that is the total package in terms of on the field performance, team leadership, and being an asset in terms of team public relations. Haynesworth has failed woefully in terms of return on investment in all three areas.
That assessment would be correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
yea, he is TERRIBLE example of a pro athlete...
Not the worst, but still bad. He's not a criminal, just someone with a sense of entitlement and a bad attitude to compliment it. It's not like he pulled out firearms in the locker room and threatened teammates..... Either way, he will still have a job regardless. Pro athletes dont have to play by the same rules as us common folk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'm sure there's a spot for him on the Eagles....they already have Vick, can't get much lower than that.
Vick made a really stupid mistake. While his crime was atrocious to anyone who has a heart for animals, he can still learn from, and have a regret for, the past and make a better future. There is no helping the likes of Haynesworth. He will have the same outlook and demeanor till the day he dies. I've never been around the guy, but somehow I just cannot see him being a pleasant person to get along with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
He was one of the guys a lot of teams (Like the Texans) took off their draft boards because of 'character issues'.
Any successful person will tell you that attitude is everything. A locker room can be a very contageous place. Those teams were smart to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
They should sue him for breach of contract.
But they probably wont. And regardless what happens, some other team will surely still want his services. I never understood what cultivates that mentality of entitlement......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or