U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 12:10 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,740,090 times

Advertisements

I've been a Dallas Cowboys fan since I was about 8 years old. I've stuck with them through the good times and the bad. With that being said, I have to admit that the Cowboys probably have more "bandwagon fans" than any other team. In my travels around the country over the years I've never been to any other city outside of Texas that I didn't see people wearing Cowboy's apparel. I'm sure that Jerry Jones is very happy about that...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 12:50 PM

7,559 posts, read 11,895,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I've been a Dallas Cowboys fan since I was about 8 years old.
Same here - when Verne Lunquist said (of Jackie Smith), "Bless his heart, he's gotta be the sickest man in America!" after he dropped Staubach's pass in the end zone in SB13, I screamed, "But I'm the sickest kid in America!!"

The better question would be what team has the most life-long fans.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:50 PM

13,106 posts, read 24,889,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Very true Kate, you know my DH is jersey born and bred but is a lifelong Saints fan. Oh yes, he wore the paper bag on his head for quite a number of years.

I do see the looks he gets now though when out in public with his Saints hat on. I'm sure those who don't know him are thinking that he is a band wagoner. Sad thing is, they probably didn't even notice the Saints hat on his head years ago. People are so self absorbed.
Same here....

Old 09-28-2010, 12:54 PM

13,106 posts, read 24,889,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
New Orleans Saints.

suddenly everybody and their momma is a saints fan. funny how that works.
Been a Saints fan for a long time that said I can understand how they are the current darlings of the NFL...first SuperBowl..I'm sure they don't mind at all

I'm also a long time Mets fan & trust me no band wagons there to jump on

Old 09-28-2010, 01:01 PM

663 posts, read 1,651,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I could care less if I was the only Bengals fan on the planet.
You mean you're not? Name another one?

I give you credit though. The same credit I give to diehard fans of teams with...um....winning problems. As a Steeler fan from Pittsburgh, I almost wish we didn't have the number of national fans that we do. It takes away from the fraternal feel.

The team's fans that annoy me most now are Saints fans. Maybe its because ever since I can remember there have been millions of Cowboys or Steelers fans. Those bandwagon fans were already established during the majority of my lifetime. But when you take a team like the Saints where there used to be a small number of saints fans to the way it is now with a bunch of LA bimbos wearing Reggie Bush jerseys, its disgusting.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:04 PM

604 posts, read 657,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinitegirl View Post
This should be fun....

Which NFL team has the most annoying and/or most bandwagon fans? Why?

Colts and Steelers and Cowboys...

I understand the Patriots, but not many people where I live ( I haven't been alive long enough to have more than one team)

Patriots gave up 15 pts within the 4th quarter, after stomping the Colts, and the Colts won by 1 point, everyone the next day was dogging on the Patriots and how they got "murdered"

Steelers, a couple years ago when Roth wasn't being accused of rape
and Cowboys continusously...I don't think they've won a game yet though, have they

Old 09-28-2010, 01:53 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,543,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastee View Post
You mean you're not? Name another one?
Carson Palmer's mother is the other Bengal fan. Heck, she's got TWO sons on the team.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:42 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,549,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I was going to say the same thing.

For me its the Pats for sure. Pats fans didn't exist until the 90's. Now they're coast to coast? Give me a break.
I think a lot of us ladies started liking the Pats when Brady came aboard. Yeah, it's pathetic but true. I'm Just sayin'...

Old 09-28-2010, 04:53 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,549,609 times
Oh, and can I just say for the record I am a true Seahawks fan. I'm making sure it's known now so that when they win it all I won't look like a bandwagoner

Old 09-28-2010, 06:20 PM

659 posts, read 1,553,046 times
I'll throw in my 2 cents - Cowboys (worst BY FAR), then maybe Pats, Jets and Saints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football