U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 01:39 PM

1,731 posts, read 2,301,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
How did I miss this the last time around? The Lions have no titles? Check your sources.
I'm from Cleveland, and I remember the old Browns and the Detroit Lions used to battle back in the day...the Lions have four pre-Super Bowl era Championships (1935, 1952, 1953, and 1957)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 03:13 PM

9,029 posts, read 16,436,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I think another group of annoying fan "type" are the ones that use their favorite team to personify themselves as winners/tough/etc. You know, the ones that say "we" in sentences like "We kicked your a$$e$" etc.

BTW, every fanbase does this. Some are worse than others though.
Yep - really have little tolerance for the meatballs that gain personal worth off the actions of millionaire adults

"You" didn't win anything - "You" aren't getting a game check - "You" aren't riding on the team jet - "You" don't get merchandise from the team ............ "You" bought a ticket just like I did, you paid money for a shirt, just like I did .......... You didn't win anything and I didn't lose anything ...... It's entertainment

Old 10-11-2010, 04:04 PM

4,848 posts, read 6,365,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Yep - really have little tolerance for the meatballs that gain personal worth off the actions of millionaire adults

"You" didn't win anything - "You" aren't getting a game check - "You" aren't riding on the team jet - "You" don't get merchandise from the team ............ "You" bought a ticket just like I did, you paid money for a shirt, just like I did .......... You didn't win anything and I didn't lose anything ...... It's entertainment
Ha! The worst are American fans of English soccer teams. I rip on a lot of folks that say "we" when discussing United, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:23 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,014,142 times
NFL fans in general have a bad reputation of being bandwagon hoppers. Hell...I know people that have 3 or 4 favorite teams just to make certain they have a winning team to root for.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:38 PM

4 posts, read 3,083 times
Being from Pennsylvania the most annoying I have seen by far are the Eagles fans. At their home stadium they are almost all drunk and violent and they don't care who they are violent towards. You can't safely take a person under 18 there for a game at night.

I have visited other stadiums and never felt unsafe. I have never been to an Eagles game and felt safe.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:46 PM

1,080 posts, read 827,653 times
^^^I agree, Philadelphia is just a ROUGH town, period! Sad, because it's a great town/city rich in history.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:50 PM

22,331 posts, read 32,171,331 times
Better perspective on birds fans

YouTube - ‪Philadelphia Eagles Fans‬‏

Old 07-04-2011, 12:30 AM

6,839 posts, read 7,899,954 times
That's the beauty of being a Buffalo Bills fan. The word "bandwagon" is something I've never had to deal with. The only wagons we deal with are the ones we circle...... (Which we haven't seen much of lately either. )

Hell, I have to special order Bills merchandise of ANY type, as none of the sports outlets carry it on the west coast. Besides, those stores are too clogged with Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, 49ers, Packers, Patriots, Colts, and Saints junk of all types to have much (if any) room for the remaining 24 teams, the Bills being the least of their priorities.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:12 PM

14,151 posts, read 19,771,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post

It's the love of the game. The Saints and Hornets are definitely a part of me. "We" won the Superbowl, and "we" made Kobe look bad for at least one game.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:28 AM

2,037 posts, read 4,557,837 times
Saints fans are not bandwagoners, nor were they ever. After 09, there have been bandwagon fans who cheered for the Saints, but don't confuse them for Saints fans. True Saints fans have put up with the horrible losses, the bad drafting, the terrible FOs and management, nearly losing the team, and for decades the highlight of the team was a 63 yard fieldgoal. That kind of dedication should not ever be called bandwagon. The current situation of the team, however, rivals that of the best managed teams in the league and I am not surprised if the fanbase picks up some new diehards who weren't previously, like Patriots fans. When it comes down to it though, only the Packers and maybe Eagles can rival Saints fans for loyalty and close ties to the team. The Saints are a huge part of NOLA's identity. You could take a number of NFL teams out of their city and they could find an identity elsewhere, but taking the Saints from NOLA just doesn't feel right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football