Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 12:19 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,029,109 times

Advertisements

My two are Texas Tech vs. Iowa State and Texas vs. Oklahoma. Tech really needs to win this week after their disappointing loss to Texas and the Red River Rivalry is always a good game. I'll also be checking out the Florida vs. Alabama game, that should be a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 11:43 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Damn forgot Florida/Bama, Clemson/ Miami,

Will def watch Clemson/Miami.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:32 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Stanford at Oregon is going to be a war!

If the Ducks come to play and are truly as good as they look on paper, this could get ugly. If Oregon runs roughshod over Stanford, Oregon will be a legit contender for a NC birth. With that said, the Ducks have some major issues they have better dealt with this week. The Oline looks like they can't pass block very well. Stanford is going to load the box to stop the run. So, we will counter two, possibly three ways: First, Darron Thomas will pull the ball out and run. If Stanford continues to sell themselves out and Thomas runs, he will have a field day against a slower defense. Second, Thomas will throw for over 250-300+. Third, we could unveil our much hyped TAZR position. This is a running back, receiver hybrid. We could also see James, Barner and our TAZR, Huff (remember that name) on the field all at once. If that happens, my god there will be a lot of speed out there. No way does Stanford stop that. All three will not happen and I hope at least one of those occurs. If Stanford stops the run and we cannot pass, we are doomed.

However, I think this will be an extremely difficult game. It will take a near flawless game as I think Stanford is one of the best teams in the nation. Luck is a monster and will go very high in the NFL draft when his time comes. I'm ready to watch this thing.

Go Ducks

Old 09-29-2010, 07:58 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Who says we don't have a playoff?

Biggest game of the year so far for sure. Stoked its primtime so I'll be able to catch it after OU obliterates ut. I like the trees by 6.

RE the OP;
OU-saxet (sat)
UO-Standford (sat eve)

others I'll be watching;
LosuR-aTm (thurs)
UNR-UNLV (Fri)
tenn-lsu (sat am)

Old 09-30-2010, 12:07 AM

977 posts, read 1,955,504 times
I will just be watching them all. I like to get in at least 12 hours of watching college football every Saturday. Sometimes it gets close to 15 hours, then comes SportsCenter for the highlights.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:24 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
Tennessee at LSU.

The Vols are possibly the youngest and most inexperienced team in the country, but we have the talent to play with anyone. That was evident a few weeks ago when we came out and dominated Oregon on both sides of the ball for a quarter and a half. However, we don't have the depth right now to finish games against good teams. That was evident in the second half of the Oregon game when we ran out of gas and the Ducks ran all over us.

As frustrating as it is to be a Vol fan right now, I am feeling very good about Derek Dooley and the direction in which he is moving the program. This team will be a force in a couple years.

With all that said, I like the matchup against LSU this weekend. I think our young, talented defense will give LSU's shaky offense fits, even at their place. For us to pull out the win, however, our running game has to come out of hiding so our offense can keep our defense rested on the sidelines. If we start racking up three-and-outs, our D will get tired fast, and with no fresh players to sub in, things could get ugly.

I think Simms and Poole will rise to the task, the D will play inspired football, and "the real UT" will leave Baton Rouge with a 24-17 win.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:45 AM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post

And obviously for myself, looking forward to VT@NC State. NC State is the last undefeated team in the ACC, and VT seems to finally be finding a bit of it's defensive identity again; VT just needs to find a red zone offense now to compete with Russel Wilson and NC State, as I expect them to put up some points. ACC conference play isn't too exciting due to the lackluster start, but gotta root on my own team.
Same with me. Except I'm on the NCSU side of the fence Wow it's almost hard to believe we're the last undefeated team in the ACC(True Pack fans know what I'm talking about), I hope it continues too of course.

As for another game, eh, whatever prime-time game comes on I guess. Or UT-OU.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:40 PM

513 posts, read 541,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post

If the Ducks come to play and are truly as good as they look on paper, this could get ugly. If Oregon runs roughshod over Stanford, Oregon will be a legit contender for a NC birth. With that said, the Ducks have some major issues they have better dealt with this week. The Oline looks like they can't pass block very well. Stanford is going to load the box to stop the run. So, we will counter two, possibly three ways: First, Darron Thomas will pull the ball out and run. If Stanford continues to sell themselves out and Thomas runs, he will have a field day against a slower defense. Second, Thomas will throw for over 250-300+. Third, we could unveil our much hyped TAZR position. This is a running back, receiver hybrid. We could also see James, Barner and our TAZR, Huff (remember that name) on the field all at once. If that happens, my god there will be a lot of speed out there. No way does Stanford stop that. All three will not happen and I hope at least one of those occurs. If Stanford stops the run and we cannot pass, we are doomed.

However, I think this will be an extremely difficult game. It will take a near flawless game as I think Stanford is one of the best teams in the nation. Luck is a monster and will go very high in the NFL draft when his time comes. I'm ready to watch this thing.

Go Ducks
Agreed - and the defense needs to seriously show up. Giving up, what, almost 600 yards to ASU is not acceptable! I really don't see Stanford turning the ball over seven times to help out.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:49 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,125,525 times
Texas vs ou
Oregon vs Stanford
UF vs Bama

Old 09-30-2010, 07:04 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Same with me. Except I'm on the NCSU side of the fence Wow it's almost hard to believe we're the last undefeated team in the ACC(True Pack fans know what I'm talking about), I hope it continues too of course.

As for another game, eh, whatever prime-time game comes on I guess. Or UT-OU.
NCSU has looked pretty good this year. That QB has been solid so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football