U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 10:04 AM

51,960 posts, read 41,815,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Well we could use a bigger, faster, stronger center...and a better right tackle and left tackle and right guard. But we are set at left guard with Hutch! And are safeties could be better, and cornerbacks, and...

Full moon occurs on Friday Oct 22nd, except in Green Bay where it will be delayed until Sunday October 24th.
....and last year you had a lot of those things and someone put up great numbers and got most of the credit.

Watching Cutler get butchered last week due to his O-line is a great reminder as to how 5-6 other guys can make the focal points look sooooo good or sooooo bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 11:04 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,550,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I have not kept up with the reports about Moss and his dissatisfaction with the Pats. Why is he so unhappy? And why would he leave a Hall of Fame QB in his prime to go play with a guy who may be on his last leg, literally?
That's what I was wondering, too.
Except that at in the pre-season I heard Moss was saying he wasn't feeling the love from Tob Brady. Felt like he wasn't feeling wanted/appreciated or something. Tom countered by saying

"Randy is important, was important, will be important, especially from my standpoint as a quarterback. I love Randy and I'd love to play with him for a long time."

I'm actually sorry to see him go to Minnisota.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:25 AM

8,115 posts, read 17,331,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
That's what I was wondering, too.
Except that at in the pre-season I heard Moss was saying he wasn't feeling the love from Tob Brady. Felt like he wasn't feeling wanted/appreciated or something. Tom countered by saying

"Randy is important, was important, will be important, especially from my standpoint as a quarterback. I love Randy and I'd love to play with him for a long time."

I'm actually sorry to see him go to Minnisota.
Let's cut to the chase. Randy Moss is 33 years old, and is looking for one last contract before his career is over. There is an impending lockout for the 2011 season. He is looking for a signing bonus, too, as a result. The Patriots were not going to re-sign him for the 2011 season, so with each passing day, his window for obtaining more money is closing. Each time he steps onto the field he risks never playing again. That is what the entire situation is about. I don't like being so cynical, but I've watched and followed enough NFL football to know the game behind the game. Moss wouldn't care if he was shipped back to the Oakland Raiders with Jason Campbell or Bruce Gradkowski throwing him the ball, as long as Al Davis came up with a 3 year deal front-loaded with a 12 million dollar signing bonus. Look for Moss's agent to begin applying pressure to Vikings management. I will say this: Randy Moss himself might even be sorry he's going to Minnesota. Brett Favre is very likely not to play next year, and Sidney Rice is a 3rd year player with a future in this league. If you look at it from that standpoint, the move doesn't make any sense, unless Zygi Wilf is putting all his chips into the middle of the table and as looking for a Super Bowl ring this year, before the entire $*ithouse goes up in flames. It wouldn't be the first time a team of mercenaries wins a Super Bowl, you can reference the 1994 49ers as proof.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:07 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,946,750 times
It won't make any difference.

Pants on the Ground, Version 2.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:08 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,462,004 times
Quote:
I have not kept up with the reports about Moss and his dissatisfaction with the Pats. Why is he so unhappy? And why would he leave a Hall of Fame QB in his prime to go play with a guy who may be on his last leg, literally?
Randy Moss is a professional pouter.

Why do you think the Vikings got rid of him the first time ?

Old 10-06-2010, 02:13 PM

22,879 posts, read 19,312,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
That Halloween game between the Vikings and the Patriots in Foxboro is bound to be very interesting. Wonder what the fan reaction will be.

Moss will be, I think, the first player to participate in two consecutive Monday night games, and also one of the very few players to play 17 NFL games in a season.

Looks like Bernard Berrian will be riding the pine, although he is still listed atop the Vikings depth chart.
Being a Pats' fan, I am wondering how the fans will react also. i think there will be a mix of boos and cheers Halloween night in Foxboro.

Quote:
Missy Rivers took the words right out of my fingertips....poor Randy was "not feeling the love".

Quote:
Let's cut to the chase. Randy Moss is 33 years old, and is looking for one last contract before his career is over. There is an impending lockout for the 2011 season. He is looking for a signing bonus, too, as a result. The Patriots were not going to re-sign him for the 2011 season, so with each passing day, his window for obtaining more money is closing. Each time he steps onto the field he risks never playing again. That is what the entire situation is about. I don't like being so cynical, but I've watched and followed enough NFL football to know the game behind the game. Moss wouldn't care if he was shipped back to the Oakland Raiders with Jason Campbell or Bruce Gradkowski throwing him the ball, as long as Al Davis came up with a 3 year deal front-loaded with a 12 million dollar signing bonus. Look for Moss's agent to begin applying pressure to Vikings management. I will say this: Randy Moss himself might even be sorry he's going to Minnesota. Brett Favre is very likely not to play next year, and Sidney Rice is a 3rd year player with a future in this league. If you look at it from that standpoint, the move doesn't make any sense, unless Zygi Wilf is putting all his chips into the middle of the table and as looking for a Super Bowl ring this year, before the entire $*ithouse goes up in flames. It wouldn't be the first time a team of mercenaries wins a Super Bowl, you can reference the 1994 49ers as proof.

That's exactly what one sports reporter said today. Farve will be gone after this year and the Vikings are stuck with Moss.

As soon as Moss didn't catch the ONE throw to him Monday night, I had a feeling he would be gonzo. Yes, I agree, he is one of the best receivers there has ever been BUT he's too high maintainance, like some women. A team doesn't need that BS. The week before (maybe the one before that?), he made a one handed catch that was magnificent! You KNOW he did his misses on purpose.

Bah bye, Randy, don't let the locker room door hit you in the fanny on the way out.

I heard this morning Moss got all he wanted. Good for him, bad for Vikings IMO.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:03 PM

16,528 posts, read 20,980,909 times
Quote:
Right on the money. Great post Mike 0421!

Maybe one of the long time Viking fans can refresh my memory for me, didn't Randy Moss earlier in his career utter to a Minneapolis sportswriter "I play when I want to"? Well, we'll see how Brad Childress handles this little ordeal.

Mike is right. The chances are getting better and better for a lockout in the 2011 season. I just don't see how we can avoid it, and Lord I wish I can be mistaken! And like Mike suggests, you can bet the farm that Moss's agent is going to try to hit the lottery on the contract situation.

As Marmac would probably say to the Viking organization, "You'll be sorrrryyyyy!!!!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-06-2010 at 04:54 PM..

Old 10-06-2010, 03:49 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,062,229 times
Seems Randy was very happy in NE for the past few years and I didn't see any proof that he was still high maintenance...at least he's not getting arrested for DUIs, failing drug tests, accused of raping women, etc. There are alot of players out there doing worse.

He's one of the best and a sure Hall of Fame receiver. NE is done this season without him. I don't think Randy wanted out of NE and I think Tom Brady will miss him real bad. I notice he usually sits next to him on the bench. Another stupid move like trading their best defensive player to Oakland last year. He's exciting to watch (just like Vick) which is what the NFL needs...more exciting players, which are hard to come by. Otherwise the games this year are really ho-hum. At least Randy provides alot of offensive excitement.

Unfortunatley parody in the league has not brought us alot of really great teams but mostly pretty equally bad, boring teams.

Says alot that he can just walk into the system in Minnesota and play Monday night...hey, Brett throws the ball somewhere in his vicinity and he figures it out and catches it!

Old 10-06-2010, 04:42 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,791,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Randy Moss is a professional pouter.

Why do you think the Vikings got rid of him the first time ?
I never thought I would agree with you on anything, but I have to on this. Moss is a team chemistry killer.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:44 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,791,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post

He's one of the best and a sure Hall of Fame receiver. NE is done this season without him. I don't think Randy wanted out of NE and I think Tom Brady will miss him real bad.

Yep, Brady and the team will miss him. I guess they can't play without him. BTW, Moss had zero catches and only one attempt Monday night in a blowout Pats win. Moss is NOT an entire team. I say good riddance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football