U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 06:09 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,550,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
From the sources I've seen online it looks like the Vikings 3rd round pick goes to the Patriots in the 2011 draft and the Vikings get the Patriots 7th round pick in the 2012 draft.
I thought that was a bad trade for NE but they probably wouldn't have resigned moss so it was almost like getting a free 3rd round pick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 02:59 PM

22,879 posts, read 19,308,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
There's a bunch of stuff in Moss's youth, not just the fact that he got kicked off of Bobby Bowden's team, and also Notre Dame. I have a cousin who rabidly follows SEC football, and back in 1996 he let me in on the fact that Moss, by the time he was 19, fathered 3 children by three different women. You won't find that one in a google search, I don't think. I remember watching game highlights when he was on Marshall, playing, if memory serves me, against Army, when we were talking about his personal life, because I had never heard of him, and he put on probably the single greatest performance I've seen by a college player in that game.
I don't dispute that he's a great player. I don't even think much about that paternity suit. I just never liked the way he can turn it on and off and may have cost The Pats' more than one game because he could do that. The guy is a phenom in football. He's just, as I said, too high maintanance with his personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
From the sources I've seen online it looks like the Vikings 3rd round pick goes to the Patriots in the 2011 draft and the Vikings get the Patriots 7th round pick in the 2012 draft.
You are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde View Post
I thought that was a bad trade for NE but they probably wouldn't have resigned moss so it was almost like getting a free 3rd round pick
Belichick ain't no dummy!

Old 10-08-2010, 06:30 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,459,882 times
A Viking who would have a legitimate gripe about-----" not being appreciated"---is Adrian Peterson.

The local TV stations are hyping up the Monday night game while sitting in ftont of backdrop giving the time,teams and pictures of Brett Favre and Randy Moss.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:45 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,946,501 times
The Jets D will likely have a chip on their shoulder from all the moss covered hype.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:05 AM

664 posts, read 1,754,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
There's a bunch of stuff in Moss's youth, not just the fact that he got kicked off of Bobby Bowden's team, and also Notre Dame. I have a cousin who rabidly follows SEC football, and back in 1996 he let me in on the fact that Moss, by the time he was 19, fathered 3 children by three different women. You won't find that one in a google search, I don't think. I remember watching game highlights when he was on Marshall, playing, if memory serves me, against Army, when we were talking about his personal life, because I had never heard of him, and he put on probably the single greatest performance I've seen by a college player in that game.

Ohh pleassseee...huge BS flag right here..you got a cousin who followed football and knows all these things about Randy Moss that he fathered 3 kids and it's all secret. Gimmmeee a huge break!!! If he fathered children you best believe they would be seeking child support. Esp once he made the good money.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:26 PM

22,879 posts, read 19,308,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000Lakes View Post
Ohh pleassseee...huge BS flag right here..you got a cousin who followed football and knows all these things about Randy Moss that he fathered 3 kids and it's all secret. Gimmmeee a huge break!!! If he fathered children you best believe they would be seeking child support. Esp once he made the good money.

LOL There would be a lot of "Remember me??" going on!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football