Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 09:20 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,651 times

Advertisements

One of the things I dislike about Spring and Summer is that there's no NFL. Totally can't wait for the football season to begin!

since I'm here in DC, I root for the Redskins. yeah I know, I know... I've heard all the "deadskin" jokes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 11:05 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,995,647 times
Total and complete bore for me. I consider the NFL as a media vehicle to bring 17 dozen beer/car commercials to the 18-35 male demographic.

My game will forever be the sport of Kings. Where your good opinion gets you paid and you are part of the action. Passively watching primadonnas chase a ball is of no interest to me. To each his own.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:54 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,057,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
One of the things I dislike about Spring and Summer is that there's no NFL. Totally can't wait for the football season to begin!

since I'm here in DC, I root for the Redskins. yeah I know, I know... I've heard all the "deadskin" jokes...

Hey dude, I grew up in DC area and have been a Skins fan forever, I hear you on the "Deadskins" joke, it's all Dan Snyder's doing. I wish the owner could be fired!! It's fun living in Indy and watching the Colts now, but I'll always be a Redskin. I"m ready for some football. Cheers!

Old 06-02-2007, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Hey dude, I grew up in DC area and have been a Skins fan forever, I hear you on the "Deadskins" joke, it's all Dan Snyder's doing. I wish the owner could be fired!! It's fun living in Indy and watching the Colts now, but I'll always be a Redskin. I"m ready for some football. Cheers!
Ahh don't get me started on Snyder. Arrogant ******* should just sell the team and go buy an island in the middle of the pacific to never be heard from again. and believe me, I'm being nice.

How do you like indy? How does the vibe compare to DC?

Old 06-02-2007, 08:31 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Total and complete bore for me. I consider the NFL as a media vehicle to bring 17 dozen beer/car commercials to the 18-35 male demographic.

My game will forever be the sport of Kings. Where your good opinion gets you paid and you are part of the action. Passively watching primadonnas chase a ball is of no interest to me. To each his own.
But passively watching animals run around an oval is more exciting? Ummmm... 'k I don't see how horse racing is going to last another 10 years at the rate it's going- who under the age of 60 really cares about it?

And football players are not primadonnas- they're sociopaths

Old 06-02-2007, 01:48 PM

536 posts, read 1,193,466 times
i cant wait for football season either, the offseason is wayy to long and the season goes by so fast. just a few more months to go

Old 06-02-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
But passively watching animals run around an oval is more exciting? Ummmm... 'k I don't see how horse racing is going to last another 10 years at the rate it's going- who under the age of 60 really cares about it?

Go to the Kentucky Derby. you'd be amazed... I was!

Old 06-02-2007, 04:29 PM

453 posts, read 2,100,990 times
i have to play football on ps2 or 360 to make it until the football season. i haven't been able to play in a few weeks and i'm going through football withdrawals

Old 06-03-2007, 11:31 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,057,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
Ahh don't get me started on Snyder. Arrogant ******* should just sell the team and go buy an island in the middle of the pacific to never be heard from again. and believe me, I'm being nice.

How do you like indy? How does the vibe compare to DC?
I like Indy, it's a small, big city if that makes any sense. It's very different than DC, you can't really compare the two. Here, unlike DC, the subarbs are not that developed so it feels much smaller than DC metro and traffic is so much better than DC. I can't even compare the 465 beltway here to 495 in DC! Also, it's not as diverse and is a lot more conservative. Overall, I like it here, it's a nice place. There is a lot of Sports activities to go to and unlike DC, it doesn't take a whole day to go to a ball game.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:56 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,995,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post

It is a ton of excitement when you get involved and have a valid opinion. When you have figured out that #9 Ambassador is much better today than the others and when he hits the wire first you are going to collect $1000, it is wildly exciting. It is a rush that you feel all week. In contrast your team wins and they get paid and you are left there doing the dishes while the players drive home in their Bentleys, you got stugotz out of the deal. You are just a mark buying the jerseys and using the products rammed down your throat during the broadcasts. By the way I am 31 years old and not a geezer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football