U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 10:34 AM

582 posts, read 1,827,472 times

Advertisements

Ive been a cowboy fan since i can remember. The problem with the Cowboys is the owner. We need to get a real coach and he needs to let a real coach run this team. He loves to hire these guy's that he can control.
Since Jimmy left other than Parcells all we've had are puppets that Jerry can do whatever he wants with them. This team is very talented right now and possibly ready to win with the right coach that can build chemistry,leadership and discipline. You don't win with high profile players you win with chemistry,leadership and discipline and this team has neither. This problem will not end until Jerry let's go of the control and hire a high profile coach and turn the key's to the team over..Stay away Jerry and hire the right guy and just back off!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 10:41 AM

Get off the field in the 4th qtr Jerry!!!!!!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:46 AM

8,163 posts, read 13,178,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
Ive been a cowboy fan since i can remember. The problem with the Cowboys is the owner. We need to get a real coach and he needs to let a real coach run this team. He loves to hire these guy's that he can control.
Since Jimmy left other than Parcells all we've had are puppets that Jerry can do whatever he wants with them. This team is very talented right now and possibly ready to win with the right coach that can build chemistry,leadership and discipline. You don't win with high profile players you win with chemistry,leadership and discipline and this team has neither. This problem will not end until Jerry let's go of the control and hire a high profile coach and turn the key's to the team over..Stay away Jerry and hire the right guy and just back off!!!!!
So you don't want any high profile players but you want a high profile coach? That makes no sense. How about getting the proper players. The one thing you said about chemistry is correct unfortunately Tony Romo might not be the answer with this group of guys. If you want a players coach that will guide them to the playoffs....you better call Bill Cowher and offer him a blank check. That might get you into the playoffs and he might be willing to sign with you guys because he would be out of the AFC.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:25 PM

High profile coach meaning someone that has more control such as a Bill Cowher, Shanahan,parcells ,johnson,.A high profile player means ****.A good coach that can demand discipline,respect,leadership etc etc is what i mean. I don't care about having a player like Randy Moss,Owens,Ochocinco those are high profile players that spread cancer in your clubhouse. We need a coach that can just tell Jerry to sit up in the box and shut the f up.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:28 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,735,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
I'm a life-long Cowboys fan and I agree, Jones must let go and let the coaches do their job or the team will always be less than it can be. What Jones is doing with his over-the-top micromanagement is incredibly stupid. If he would hire the right people and let them do what they need to do to win and stay out of the way, people would praise him for being an absolute genius. Sadly, with the ego he has I don't think he'll ever back off.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:44 AM

40,053 posts, read 30,514,706 times
Eventually, Jones' actions had to catch up with him. I must say, as a person who has never bought into that "America's team" mythology (it was dreamed up by the Cowboys' publicity department; it wasn't a grassroots phenomenon), it's refreshing to watch that franchise twist in the wind under Jones' version of "management." And the best part of the deal is, he'll be the last person on Earth to admit the real problem. This should be good for many more seasons of enjoyment.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I'm a life-long Cowboys fan and I agree, Jones must let go and let the coaches do their job or the team will always be less than it can be. What Jones is doing with his over-the-top micromanagement is incredibly stupid. If he would hire the right people and let them do what they need to do to win and stay out of the way, people would praise him for being an absolute genius. Sadly, with the ego he has I don't think he'll ever back off.
It's official season over. Time to stop messing around and get rid of the ego. We need a strong minded coach that can transform this team back to winning. Jerry has hurt this team bad. He gave up a first rounder for Joey Galloway which led to nothing. He signed owens and all he did was **** parcells off. He gave up a first rounder for Roy Williams and he has not performed. Meanwhile the all the patriots got for moss was a third round pick. What is it with giving up first round picks for average players.They also have not drafted a qb in i don't know how long..I mean a qb with some upside that needs to be groomed and can step in as a franchise qb in the future. I had high hopes this year and here we go again with a mediocre team..Jerry may never see this team go back to the super bowl in his lifetime as he continues to do much of the same season after season.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:48 AM

3,029 posts, read 7,185,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt dave View Post
i'm a life-long cowboys fan and i agree, jones must let go and let the coaches do their job or the team will always be less than it can be. What jones is doing with his over-the-top micromanagement is incredibly stupid. If he would hire the right people and let them do what they need to do to win and stay out of the way, people would praise him for being an absolute genius. Sadly, with the ego he has i don't think he'll ever back off.
+1

Old 10-26-2010, 03:49 PM

729 posts, read 1,814,510 times
No. Their window of opportunity to go all the way is closing really fast. They have had the right players for the past three seasons. But they dont have the right leadership.

Its all about the small narrow time frame before you lose your edge. The Boys time is fading really fast.

No 1-5 team has ever made it to the playoffs. Time to get rid of the Marshmellow with the headphones.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:55 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,853,858 times
If he had any humility at all in his dark black soul, he'd be on the phone right now with Jimmie Johnson trying to get him back to Dallas. Oh who am I kidding? Jerry Jones doesn't have a soul.

At least the Redskins owner finally got it, so to speak.

All the Cowboys are at the moment is wasted talent.

I guess last year it was the players themselves that decided to get it together for a season. I doubt Wade Phillips had much to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football