Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 05:21 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,865,038 times

Advertisements

1. Atlanta is not a good team

2. Jeremy Maclin is the reason the Eagles have 4 wins

3. Chad Hene for the Dolphins is underrated

4. Jason Campbell is not a NFL QB

5. Bucs are not a good team

6. Rams have a franchise QB

7. Matt Schuab never quits

8. Lions care about winning now but not good enough

9. Cowboys is the best 1-4 team in the history of the NFL

10. Jets look like they are the best team in the AFC

11. Eagles don't win without big plays

12. Big Ben is still a damm good QB

Biggest surprise of the day.was..........

"The Lions scoring on the Giants Defense"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 09:12 PM

45,331 posts, read 26,905,641 times
Defenders need to work on tackling techniques instead of flying at each other head first.

Patriots are like the PC - plug and play.

NFL is overdoing the pink paraphrenalia.

Rams may actually win the NFC West.

Dallas will be in last place for at least two more weeks.

Did anyone notice the Bills, Bengals, Cardinals, and Panthers did not play? Yeah, me neither.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:18 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,865,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Defenders need to work on tackling techniques instead of flying at each other head first.

Patriots are like the PC - plug and play.

NFL is overdoing the pink paraphrenalia.

Rams may actually win the NFC West.

Dallas will be in last place for at least two more weeks.

Did anyone notice the Bills, Bengals, Cardinals, and Panthers did not play? Yeah, me neither.

The bills was off last week too

Old 10-17-2010, 09:18 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,899,449 times
Andre Johnson is the best WR in the NFL.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:26 PM

45,331 posts, read 26,905,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Andre Johnson is the best WR in the NFL.
Actually, that should have been learned on week 1.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:06 AM

22,341 posts, read 47,322,635 times
Pink accessories do NOT belong on throwback uniforms.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:09 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,834,858 times
No one should make the mistake of taunting Tom Brady at the end of the third quarter. Stupid mistake, but then again, we are talking Ravens.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:08 PM

9,347 posts, read 20,710,716 times
The longer the season goes on, the more I am sure that the winner of this year's SB is not necessarily going to be the best team, rather, the team that gets hot the last 4 weeks of the year. Unlike last season, for instance, when there was clear separation between teams like the Colts, the Saints, Chargers and Vikings, and the much of the rest of the league. Case in point: how do the Chargers lose a game, 20-17, to the Rams, the week after the Rams lose to the Lions, 44-6? Teams are all over the place week to week. The Colts lose to the Texans, then beat the Giants soundly. Then, the Giants travel to Houston and beat the Texans soundly.

The NFC is awash in mediocrity. Every team in the conference has at least 2 losses, 6 weeks into the season. At least one, if not two teams, will likely qualify out of the NFC with an 8-8 record. You might have, in contrast, in the AFC South, a last place team at 8-8.

The Steelers would be, as of right now, the best team in the league, if I could vote on it. They have by far the stingiest defense, I think they are allowing less than 2 TDs a game.

Deion Branch will be an adequate replacement for the loss of Randy Moss. I guess you can 'go home again' in the NFL. It looked like he didn't miss a beat in 4 years away from the team.

I think after watching the end of the Broncos vs Jets game, I think the NFL would be better served to revamp the pass interference penalty that is on the books to the college game, a 15 yard penalty. The play was clearly interference, but to award 40 yards of field in that situation is incredibly punitive, given the time left in the game.

Also, I think Rodney Harrison, last night on the pre-game show, had a great idea, when it comes to penalizing hits where the player leads with the helmet, with suspensions, instead of with fine money. Someone is going to get paralyzed, like Darryl Stingley. Hell, a player on Rutgers was paralyzed from the neck down this week. I think competition committee needs to look at and refine the method of discipline to include suspensions.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:13 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,278,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
1. Atlanta is not a good team
I think they are inconsistent. Remember we are basically 1/3 way through the season. This is a talented football team and they are probably the second best team in the NFC South.

Quote:
2. Jeremy Maclin is the reason the Eagles have 4 wins

Actually it's the combination of Jeremy Maclin, Deshaun Jackon, Kevin Kolb and Michael Vick and some decent defense. Give Andy Reid some credit too, he's one of the best coaches in the game in preparing his team to play and offensive game planning.

Quote:
3. Chad Hene for the Dolphins is underrated
He is an up and coming quarterback but I'm not ready to put the anoiting oil on him yet. He still doesn't consistently make good decisions (See the Jets game).

Quote:
4. Jason Campbell is not a NFL
The guy has had about five offensive coordinators in since he's been in the NFL. Peyton Manning has had two. He has the physical tools and based on his stats there are worse quarterbacks in the NFL ( i.e. Derek Anderson, Trent Edwards, Anybody playing for the Cleveland Browns)

Quote:
5. Bucs are not a good team
What did you expect! A second year quarterback and a second year coach. I expect progress not a challenge for a playoff berth.

Quote:
6. Rams have a franchise QB
I'm surprised Sam Bradford is this good this early. I guess the doctors for the Rams thoroughly checked out the shoulder and he really must have impressed in pre-draft workouts.

Quote:
7. Matt Schuab never quits
If he stays healthy the Texans can contend for a wild-card. I don't know if they have enough talent or experience to contend of the AFC South title.

Quote:
8. Lions care about winning now but not good enough
I've watched several Lions games. They need to play just a little more solid football. They have some talent on offense. They have a good front seven on defense. The secondary is a major weakness. This is a team that can improve in the second half of the season.

Quote:
9. Cowboys is the best 1-4 team in the history of the NFL
I'm a Cowboy's fan and after every game they play I feel like throwing up. They are POORLY COACHED and don’t have any serious lock room leaders. No discipline and, too many turnovers and mistakes.

Quote:
10. Jets look like they are the best team in the AFC
I'd have to give the nod to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Could the Jets go 3-1 without Sanchez? I think overall the Steelers have more talent on their team than the Jets.

Quote:
11. Eagles don't win without big plays
No team wins consistently without big plays.

Quote:
12. Big Ben is still a damm good QB
He had an entire training camp and according to reports he was throwing a ton during his suspension. You don't lose your skills in a month.

Quote:
Biggest surprise of the day. was..........

"The Lions scoring on the Giants Defense"
The Lions have some good players are the skill positions Calvin Williams is a stud, and rookie Jahvid Best is an explosive running back. When QB Matthew Stafford gets back from injury this is going to be a fun team to watch on offense.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:47 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,512,412 times
Wait a minute...I have to sit back until my head stops spinning. TVandSportsGuy declares the J-E-T-S JetsJetsJets to be the best team in the AFC? Oh, this is just awful. Surely a sign that civilization as we know it is about to come crashing down.

As a lifelong Jet fan, I implore you, please make no more such declarations. At least until you tell us which team you really root for (as opposed to the one you're praising this week).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football