U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 03:28 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,054,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
Bruce Gradkowski is the starter, regardless of the 3 wins from Jason Cambell.

Cambell is a good QB, and we do need him. However, it is best to go with the QB that energizes the offense. Bruce won that position, therfore it is his until he plays bad and has to be pulled out.
But we don't see that from Bruce. He has great games.

We have two weeks until the Pittsburg Steelers game. That is enough time for injured players to heal.
With the 5 players I mentioned above, we will have the fullest potential of our team.
And with Bruce leading the offense, we will beat the Steelers.
If the players in the locker room are behind Jason Campbell he should start. He's earned it. Tom Cable would have to be crazy to pull Campbell now if the team supports him at quarterback and they are playing their best ball since 2002.

It's doesn't matter who is at quarterback the Raiders are NOT beating the Steelers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 05:33 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,148,880 times
It's doesn't matter who is at quarterback the Raiders are NOT beating the Steelers.- JazzyTallGuy

The Raiders will beat the Steelers. But why do you think they won't?

Old 11-11-2010, 11:09 AM

7,529 posts, read 6,149,589 times
it's nice to see my Silver and Black competitive again, and there isn't a QB controversy. Cambell looked bad the 1st two games, but since he's come back, he's played very well. I heard on sports center this morning that Al Davis was quoted as saying it will be Campbell for the foreseeable future, good move.

They have a tough 2nd half schedule (@Pitt, Miami, @SD, @Jax, Denver, Indy, @KC) as much as I would love to see them in the playoffs this yr. I think 8-8, or 9-7 seems more likely, and that's one hell of an improvement.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:21 PM

I'm seeing at least 10 wins this season.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:22 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,119 posts, read 7,569,649 times
Quote:

The Raiders will beat the Steelers. But why do you think they won't?
The Steelers Defence will whip our O Line....simple as that
We are much improved, and if SeeBass doesn't miss a chip shot we have a 6-3 record, but we have had a relativley easy schedule the first half, The Titans were the only top caliber team we played, and the Texans were probably the next best team, both handled our O line fairly easily..
The rememining schedule isn't easy, with all the AFC WEST rivals in addition to Pittsburg, Miami, Jacksonville, and Indy. Miami and JAcksonville are both playing 500 ball with a much tougher schedule than us...
Now don't get me wrong I'd like nothing better than the Raiders to win every game, I just think we have another year to go before we are real competitve with the better teams in the NFL

Old 11-13-2010, 05:16 PM

23,642 posts, read 33,439,851 times
Quote:
I'm seeing at least 10 wins this season.
Whoa! Slow down. I think 8 wins is more realistic.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:33 PM

3,436 posts, read 5,783,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If the players in the locker room are behind Jason Campbell he should start. He's earned it. Tom Cable would have to be crazy to pull Campbell now if the team supports him at quarterback and they are playing their best ball since 2002.

It's doesn't matter who is at quarterback the Raiders are NOT beating the Steelers.

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but how'd that work out in Pittsburgh last season?

As for Grads firing up the team when he is on the field, I'd rather have ANYBODY other than a QB with a 5-23 record as a starter...or something like that, but either way, it is terrible.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:51 PM

I say...

We beat the Pittsburg Steelers again.
We beat the Miami Dolphins.
We beat the San Diego Chargers.
We beat the Kansas City Chiefs
We beat the Denver Broncos.
Im not going to touch on the games against Peyton Manning Inc., and the Jacksonville Jaguars. However, anything is possible.

Thats 5 wins. MAking a 10 win season. And it is possible to have a 10 win season this year. If we could of beat the Arizona Cardinals and the San Francisco 49ers, we would be at 7-2. Then all we would have to do is when 3. But, we have to win 5, and I believe, by the way we've played this season, that is obtainable.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
If we could of beat the Arizona Cardinals and the San Francisco 49ers, we would be at 7-2. .
I'll give you Arizona, But the Niner game was the most poorly played game I have ever seen. De La Salle would spanked them that game...

Old 11-20-2010, 06:51 PM

We will find out tommorow morning how good this team is............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football