U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 09:58 AM

1,620 posts, read 2,396,623 times

Advertisements

Thank you Jags!!! and Bills almost had another one. Plus i said it last week. This year is gonna be one of the wackiest seasons in NFL history
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 10:27 AM

8,114 posts, read 17,318,097 times
I will make the 5 observations, some head scratching, some others surprising.

1) The Oakland Raiders are for real. Both sides of the ball, two weeks in a row. Who would think that first week in November, Raiders-Chiefs would be a pivotal matchup? If the Raiders continue to run the ball this well, (you heard it here first) they could present real matchup problems to a team like the Colts in the playoffs this year. If you think now,two years later, about the Richard Seymour for a first round pick next year, who got the better end of it? At this rate, the Patriots pick will probably be in the lower regions of the first round.

2) Clay Matthews of the Packers will be a strong candidate for defensive player of the year award. I had the misfortune of watching that game yesterday, and though brutal, it can't be understated that if the Packers did not lose four defensive starters, a suspended player starter (Jolly) plus Ryan Grant and Jermichael Finley, the Packers would probably be a one loss team right now. Dom Capers isn't a head coach, but man, he's a damn good defensive coordinator.

3) The Cowboys should take notes on the Buffalo Bills effort. They are the least talented team in the NFL, but they try, and almost won on the road in Arrowhead Stadium. The Cowboys, conversely, are not. Forgetting about the Romo injury for a second, it does NOT excuse that defense from the dismal performance yesterday. David Gerrard looked like Johnny Unitas.

4) On the ball that Randy Moss was interfered on, if he continued on through the play, full effort, instead of bitching and moaning to the referees, he would have caught the pass and scored.

5) In that same game, when Favre was knocked out of the game at the end, and subsequently carted off the field, the close up camera angles made me think it was fitting it was Halloween: he looked like a mummy. 41 going on 81. It was bizarre. He looked like he died about 15 years ago and someone forgot to tell him to quit moving.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:02 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,548,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Who would think that first week in November, Raiders-Chiefs would be a pivotal matchup?
I know, right??

My observation for the week..maybe someone should test the water they are giving the Titans to drink. Aggression running rampant over there. First it was Britts bar brawl and now Donny Nickey ejected for punching that poor sideline offical. Maybe they will cool off on their bye week!

Old 11-01-2010, 11:31 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,048,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Jags looking like a good team in Dallas

Jets being shut out at home

Mcnabb being benched for a well known loser-"rex grossman"

raiders with a blowout two weeks in a row

bucs being 5-2 on halloween night with a no name QB

ANYBODY looks good playing against Dallas right now. This team has flat quit.

About halfway through the third quarter I wondered if Rex Ryan made a mistake not taking a field goal after getting down to the one yard line and going for it on fourth down. The Jets missed big plays all day long in the passing game. Either Sanchez wasn’t seeing open guys are they were dropping balls on him. Give Green Bay credit for playing four quarters of tough defensive football.

McNabb got thrown under the bus and had it put in reverse and rolled back over him.

The Raiders have had a lot of offensive weapons of the last two years. They are getting some halfway decent quarterback play and the defense is playing better.

Josh Freeman is one of the most physically gifted quarterbacks in the NFL. I saw him play a couple of games at Kansas State and knew in his junior year he was an NFL player. He's even stronger now than he was back in college. I'm not surprised he's going well in Tampa Bay.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:26 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,879,231 times
lol @ randy moss

Old 11-02-2010, 11:13 AM

The Bills will get one this year. I know it. I was hoping they would've at least tied Kansas City. Sadly they didn't. But hey. I think three times the charm for the Bills. And how bout them Cowboys?! The Bills of the NFC lmao

Old 11-02-2010, 06:18 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
The Bills will get one this year. I know it. I was hoping they would've at least tied Kansas City. Sadly they didn't. But hey. I think three times the charm for the Bills. And how bout them Cowboys?! The Bills of the NFC lmao

Bills will beat the Bears

Old 11-03-2010, 09:27 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Bills will beat the Bears
As a Bears fan I almost agree with this. The Bears are really bad, if the Bills can put up 24+ points they should win. How depressing

Old 11-03-2010, 02:42 PM

Basically its three times the charm for the Bills and if the Cowboys lose this week. Then we gonna have a fight for that first round draft pick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or