U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 02:18 PM

552 posts, read 639,837 times

Advertisements

When he went to Mn. I thought allright he gave up his bye week, now I don't know where he'll be playing next week or does it really matter since he's a complete bust this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 02:19 PM

21,319 posts, read 21,867,229 times
I believe the trade with NE had a provision to drop down to a 4th rounder if certain performance goals were not met with the Vikings.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:21 PM

2,369 posts, read 3,057,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I agree with you... this is dumb on the part of the organization. Sounds like they let a personal decision interfere with business.

Maybe Childress has a HUGE ego problem? Maybe he is the problem in Minnessota just as Phillips is in Dallas... It's not like Randy's media rants are the reason they are losing. News to the Vikings: You were losing before his rants!!!

I hope he ends up with a contender wherever he goes...
on the other hand you could say they were, what, 1-3 with him and he's done nothing for them.

oh, and there's the whole giving up on plays and not trying hard all the time. He pulled it twice yesterday alone. They even showed this on espn.

he's a moaper and sulker and a crybaby, I think the vikings did the right thing. Probably never should've brought him in in the first place but some things are bigger than the team.

the guy is clearly unbalanced and not that talented anymore, end of story.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:59 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
on the other hand you could say they were, what, 1-3 with him and he's done nothing for them.

oh, and there's the whole giving up on plays and not trying hard all the time. He pulled it twice yesterday alone. They even showed this on espn.

he's a moaper and sulker and a crybaby, I think the vikings did the right thing. Probably never should've brought him in in the first place but some things are bigger than the team.

the guy is clearly unbalanced and not that talented anymore, end of story.

I am not arguing that Moss is sane or his on field play.

I'm simply saying that this was a dumb business decision. The Vikings more than any other team in the NFL (And they all know), should know how Moss is going to act. You do not trade for a player that you know is a loose cannon and then cut him because he's a loose cannon.

As far as the Vikings not getting anything out of him... They have a 50 year old QB who couldn't get the ball to Moss. And Their offensive scheme is old and predictable. Moss's ability or play on the field has nothing to do with the Vikings cuttin him. Its because he is a loose cannon but this is not news to any one.

And for a Moaper he sure is damn good... Here are his NFL records

NFL records
  • Most touchdown receptions in a season - 23 (2007)
  • Most touchdown receptions by a rookie in a season - 17 (1998)
  • Most seasons with 17 or more touchdown receptions - 3 (1998, 2003, 2007)
  • Most seasons with 16 or more touchdown receptions - 3 (1998, 2003, 2007)
  • Most seasons with 11 or more touchdown receptions - 8 - tied with Jerry Rice
  • Most seasons with 10 or more touchdown receptions - 9 - tied with Jerry Rice
  • Most games in a season with at least 2 touchdown receptions - 8 (2007)
  • Only player to have 1,600 receiving yards and 16 receiving touchdowns in a season (2003)
  • Most yards receiving in a Pro Bowl game - 212 (2000)
  • Most touchdowns scored in first 10 games with a new team - 16 (2007)
  • Most 1,200+ yard receiving seasons to start a career - 6 (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003)
  • Moss has averaged at least one receiving touchdown per game played in four different seasons: 1998 (17 TDs in 16 games), 2003 (17 in 16), 2004 (13 in 13), and 2007 (23 in 16)[73]
  • At the end of the 2008 season, Moss averaged 12.3 receiving TDs per season
  • Four 100+ yard games in his first four games with a new team in 2007
  • Youngest player in NFL history to record his 100th receiving touchdown - (29 years and 235 days)
  • Youngest player in NFL history to record his 120th receiving touchdown - (30 years, 313 days)
  • Fastest player to reach 5,000 career receiving yards - 59 games (broke record of 61 games by Jerry Rice)
  • Highest career yards per catch average for any player with 900+ receptions - 15.6 yards per reception
  • Youngest player to have 3 touchdown receptions in a game (21 years, 286 days)

Old 11-01-2010, 03:23 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,860,426 times
For a team trying to get a stadium built, they are shooting themselves in the foot with this move. The coach approval on ESPN is 6%, lower than Wade Phillips.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:31 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,541,461 times
How awesome would it be if he went to the Bengals? Can you imagine him, TO and Ocho on the same team? Carson Palmer would kill himself.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:32 PM

4,571 posts, read 7,053,444 times
Oh, I would love for my Chargers to pick him up...we could really use Randy Moss right about now...but I know it won't happen.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:50 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,860,426 times
Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Miami.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:28 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times
Bradford needs someone to throw to.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:37 PM

2,369 posts, read 3,057,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I am not arguing that Moss is sane or his on field play.

I'm simply saying that this was a dumb business decision. The Vikings more than any other team in the NFL (And they all know), should know how Moss is going to act. You do not trade for a player that you know is a loose cannon and then cut him because he's a loose cannon.

As far as the Vikings not getting anything out of him... They have a 50 year old QB who couldn't get the ball to Moss. And Their offensive scheme is old and predictable. Moss's ability or play on the field has nothing to do with the Vikings cuttin him. Its because he is a loose cannon but this is not news to any one.

And for a Moaper he sure is damn good... Here are his NFL records
according to Minn. media he wasn't hustling in practice and was becoming a bad influence on the younger players.

loose cannon is one thing, everybody needs to practice hard, if true, and I believe it was, you can't have that type of influenza around.

"couldn't get the ball to Moss" really???, he gave up TWICE yesterday, TWICE, heck, even espn the all-loving, all-butt-kissing network showed it yesterday, maybe if he'd tried he couldn've caught a few passes from that 50 year old.

yes he's talented, supremely, one of the most talented to every step on the field but too bad he doesn't have it upstairs, the guy could've broken alot of Rices records, he could've been that good. But talent isn't enough.
PS: another theory, it was the 50 year old who always wanted him and pushed Minn. management for him and maybe this is Childress/mangtmt's way of pushing back at Favre?

bottom line: he's a quitter and a part time player and they couldn't stand it, I don't blame them. This sends the right message to the rest of them, esp. the youngers guys, that his attitude and behavior aren't going to cut it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football