U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 12:41 AM

1,994 posts, read 3,159,890 times

Advertisements

"Raider fans are ridiculous. SMH" - jman650

Raider Haters are ridiculous. We are not lucky at all. Luck doesnt come our way.

""most talented" is beyond laughable. When the raidturds gain an inch they think they've hopped to the next galaxy" - jman650

Its a common accepted claim. But When any team shows hope for a promising season, is it not good to feel great about it? So what are you talking about?

Oakland Raiders: The Most Talented Team in the NFL? | Bleacher Report

"overstating of your teams' achievements " - jman650

Ok, for 7 years the Oakland Raiders have not been "their usual dominate self". But in 2010, with a new wave of talent, records being broken, and games being won, these are good achievements. Never have we had a better record than 5-4 since 2002. 3 straight wins since 2002. 59 points scored in a game, surpassing the 52 points in 2002. 1,000 yards of offense in 2 straight games. Lopsided victories. 3-0 in the AFC West. One of the top ranked offenses in the league. So, overstating? Give credit to where credit is due. No need to slander.
And technically, always-Constantly during a certain period, refering to the division games, we are 3-0.-Always winning-

"No, not even close/they are not even the best rb duo in the AFC West" - jman650

Run DMC is ranked 4th in RBs by yards. He currently averages 108.1 yards per game, most in the NFL. Run DMC, in the division game, had more yards than Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles had combined. We are closing in really fast on first place Kansas City- Less than 15 yards. Oakland Raiders are the 2nd best rushing team in the NFL. Thanks to Run DMC and Michael Bush.

How fraudulent of jman650, but, you are not accomplishing anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 12:29 PM

2,958 posts, read 5,683,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
"Raider fans are ridiculous. SMH" - jman650

Raider Haters are ridiculous. We are not lucky at all. Luck doesnt come our way.
And you guys call us "Whiners?" Lmao please. Cry me a river about a team not having any "luck." Niners got ya beat there by a long shot.

Quote:
""most talented" is beyond laughable. When the raidturds gain an inch they think they've hopped to the next galaxy" - jman650

Its a common accepted claim. But When any team shows hope for a promising season, is it not good to feel great about it? So what are you talking about?

Oakland Raiders: The Most Talented Team in the NFL? | Bleacher Report
No, its not a commonly accepted claim. Its an overstatement of recent achievements. You found ONE dude who was suggesting it, and now its a commonly accepted claim. You obviously don't follow a lot of football outside of your team or else you would be aware of this. And great logic btw. Hey, Obama is currently our President. I guess the US always has black Presidents now. Christian nutjob pastor Terry Jones planned on burning Korans. I guess burning Korans is a commonly accepted practice by Christian pastors. Either that or you just commonly reach for straws when overselling and boosting your team.

Don't get me wrong tho. Regardless of how I feel about the Raiders (which is no secret), I am not trying to belittle how much they have improved recently and I will give credit where it is due. I'm only taking issue with this, "greatest team in history/DMC is the better than Jim Brown and Barry Sanders combined" (*hyperbole*) spin you're putting on how well they're doing now. They're doing very good, and I do grudgingly give them props b/c that's a huge turnaround.

But 3 dominant games after already losing 4, and a sudden resurgence into statistical relevance does not suddenly make them the top of the top. You're jumping the gun and giving them too much credit too soon. Maybe by the end of the year what you're saying will turn out to be true. Who knows? But this is what Raiders fans always do the second your team does ANYTHING positive, and its pretty ridiculous.

Do I think you deserve to be happy about how much better they're doing? OF COURSE! You definitely have much to celebrate at the moment. And you don't come across as a hater; you just seem to be proud of your team. So there's nothing wrong with that IMO. But like I said, you and others tend to overstate the gravity of very recent accomplishments and disregard the past, and then beat your chests without any inkling of comprehension of the term "humility." So that's what I'm critical of.

Quote:
"overstating of your teams' achievements " - jman650

Ok, for 7 years the Oakland Raiders have not been "their usual dominate self". But in 2010, with a new wave of talent, records being broken, and games being won, these are good achievements. Never have we had a better record than 5-4 since 2002. 3 straight wins since 2002. 59 points scored in a game, surpassing the 52 points in 2002. 1,000 yards of offense in 2 straight games. Lopsided victories. 3-0 in the AFC West. One of the top ranked offenses in the league. So, overstating? Give credit to where credit is due. No need to slander.
And technically, always-Constantly during a certain period, refering to the division games, we are 3-0.-Always winning-

"Usual dominant selves?" They haven't won a Superbowl in 27 years. How "dominant" were they from 1984-2001? Not very. So again, YES, OVERSTATING it.

How is my telling you to slow your roll equated to "slander?" I'm speaking the truth! Show me where I made up lies to belittle them. Like I said dude, ridiculous.

And sorry cuzzin, I'm not letting you get away with this one. They are "always losing" and have recently brokent the streak. Either accept it, or follow your own advice and give credit where credit is due to all the other teams that are on current winning streaks and include them in your "always winning" category. B/c by your logic, right now more than half of the NFL is "always winning." Gimme a break.

Quote:
"No, not even close/they are not even the best rb duo in the AFC West" - jman650

Run DMC is ranked 4th in RBs by yards. He currently averages 108.1 yards per game, most in the NFL. Run DMC, in the division game, had more yards than Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles had combined. We are closing in really fast on first place Kansas City- Less than 15 yards. Oakland Raiders are the 2nd best rushing team in the NFL. Thanks to Run DMC and Michael Bush.

How fraudulent of jman650, but, you are not accomplishing anything.

Wtf is fraudulent? The truth?? Man are you ever in denial! So you're going to use this week's stats as your barometer for who the best in the NFL is, huh? So I guess we should forget about the ACTUAL value of players like say, BRETT FAVRE, and just go off where people come in this week. Okay, you're absolutely correct: Favre is a completely average player b/c this week he is only 13th is passing yards. But what about 2 weeks ago, when Alex Smith was came in 9th?! I guess that means that Alex Smith was the 9th best QB in the league at the time!! Wait a sec, Chad Henne and Kyle Orton are currently ranked higher than both Favre and Tom Brady, so I guess that means they're better then, right??

Dude, you INVENTED the concept of fraud on this thread. I gave them the nod for the argument of possibly being as good as KC's rb's, and right now they are ranked right below them! What are you even talking about??

So now since you've cherry-picked the stat of ypg that DMC comes out on top in that alone is what determines who the best is to you? What happens after Sun/Mon if he gets bumped/outgained? Does the next guy who leads that ONE statistic get the crown then, or does it then switch to whatever other stat DMC is at the top of? How come I didn't hear you or other Raidturd fans making these bold claims his last 2 seasons? Oh that's right, b/c he SUCKED and was injured most of the time. I seem to remember a lot of whining by y'all about his "alligator arms" issue 2 seasons ago when he gave half-a$$ed effort and little to no production, but now that he's FINALLY played decent like he should have been since being your top pick now he's Eric Dickerson?? LMAO RIDICULOUS!!

You're selectively picking and choosing criteria that reflects favorably on your team and players and making it sound like they're significantly better and more accomplished than they actually are. You've gotten 3 good performances out of them recently. Be happy about that. You're guys are finally relevant once again. Be happy about that. But quit spinning this as though the Raiders are steam rolling the entire NFL, b/c they're not. Remember the Niners owning them a few weeks back? A game that should have actually been 26-9 if not 33-9 (BS call where we actually scored a safety, BS holding penalty that wasn't even a hold negating a Frank Gore TD, and us taking a knee when and just ending the game and your embarrassment instead of scoring like we easily would have at that point the way we were moving the ball.) But you forgot about all that right? Right.

Raiders are 2nd best rushing team in the NFL now? I thought you said they were the best in the league? So what happened?

I refuse to even take those two in my fantasy leagues. I've been down that road before and they were crap. They've hit a little hot streak lately, so cool for them. When they finish the season with impressive stats then I can accept a claim of them being very good. 3 games tells us nothing, especially when its preceeded by SEASONS of weak productivity. Patrick Crayton had a little hot streak a couple seasons back with the Cowboys. Is he one of the best WR's in the league? Was he the "best" then? See where I'm going with this. SMH talk about fraudulent.

Bottom line man, Raiders are doing very well lately and have improved greatly. They've been very impressive. Will it continue? Maybe. But until they have more than 3 (FINALLY) decent performances they have a long way to go to be worthy of the claims you're making. So congratulations and be happy with what they're doing, but slow up with all the stroking it to them b/c they have yet to face the best teams, and even if they ended up winning they're final 7 games that's still only ONE season to try and combat the embarrassment y'all have endured for the greater part of a decade. So quit getting so far ahead of yourself.

Last edited by jman650; 11-13-2010 at 12:43 PM..

Old 11-13-2010, 10:39 PM

1. I said it was predicated. Which means my statements were true or false depending on how they were valued. You would know this if you spent little time trying to rebut my every statement.

2. I understand you dont like the Raiders or their fan base. And you dont have to. You can continue to be hater. The Raiders will always be one the most storied organizations in the NFL. Believe me, your opinion does not matter. Especially when its partial, and its blatant your emotions towards the team is oblivious.

3. Its one thing to question what I say, its another to make wild accusations. Its not about 3 dominant games. Its about obtaining a 5 win record midway throught the season and being competitive for A sudden resurgence into statistical relevance.

4. As I stated earlier, being 3-0 in the AFC West does constitute an "always winning" claim.
And Right, I did say "usual dominate self"- Hence, having a .500 or better record against 27 other NFL teams.

"who the best is to you?...I thought you said they were the best in the league?"- jman650

The best to me, right? Absorb that. ANd I never said the Raiders were THE best rushing team in the league. I said they had the best runningback duo in the league.

I can infer that you are 49ers fan. Am i right? And the negative emotions you harbor about the Raiders can stem from your resentful desire that a "playoff season" can be obtained by the geographical rival across the bay. Maybe? But hey, its not like anyone is trying to do you harm, yet you could easily jump to a conclusion and misunderstand what was said. Your eagerness to take immediate action could cause you to accidentally twist what you read to support your intended actions. If you are uncertain about my message, ask for clarifications.

Last edited by Stephen1110; 11-13-2010 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: Fixing some stuff

Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 PM

320 posts, read 255,714 times
The funny thing about Chargers fans is 10 years ago they didn't exist.

I love how they wanna talk all this smack now. But if I was a fan of a pathetic franchise who has won nothing in it's history I'd be sitting in the corner with my mouth shut.

And statistically D-Mac averages more yards a game than any back in the game. Charles is the only HB with a higher ypc rating. But D-Mac has 3x more total TD's than him. So to that dude trying to act like D-Mac isn't one of the best in the league you should look up the stats and educate yourself. Who's the best back in the league? Peterson? Johnson? D-Mac's statistically outplaying them thus far. Whether you like it or not that's a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Probably 90% of the Raiders fans. Eagles fans are 85% bark and 15% bite from my experience, and although scummy, classless and "rowdy" in a way that draws comparisons to Raider fans, they don't back their $**t up when Raider fans actually often do. Eagles fans get big and bold when they outnumber you 20 to 1, but Raiders don't really care if they're with a whole posse or by themselves. And they actually WILL do damage to you. I have yet to see any Eagles follow suit, but I have seen quite a few get punked.

I may despise the Raiders fanbase (for the most part), but they'd kick the crap out of the Eagles in a heartbeat. Bet on it.

Edit: I mean to say that Raiders back up their thuggery, not their football lol. Clearly they talk for DAYS about what they can do/have done when they're not even in the same demension as the truth, but as far as what they'll do to opposing teams' fans and their aspirations of being the rowdiest fans in football they definitely back that up, no doubt.
I think you hear too many "tall tales". I been going to Raider games since I was a kid and sure there were a few fights. But opposing fans can come and watch the game sporting their jersey's without getting beat up. Sure they'll have to endure some smack talk but that happens in every stadium. As long as they don't start anything nothing usually happens.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:50 PM

Roger Goodell, NFL commissioner, praised the passion of the Oakland Raiders' fans.

"There's no shortage of passion here, that's for sure" - Roger Goodell

Literally, feel our numbers. From the regions of Oakland, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Denver and just about every other city.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:43 PM

4,811 posts, read 8,842,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
The funny thing about Chargers fans is 10 years ago they didn't exist.

I love how they wanna talk all this smack now. But if I was a fan of a pathetic franchise who has won nothing in it's history I'd be sitting in the corner with my mouth shut.

And statistically D-Mac averages more yards a game than any back in the game. Charles is the only HB with a higher ypc rating. But D-Mac has 3x more total TD's than him. So to that dude trying to act like D-Mac isn't one of the best in the league you should look up the stats and educate yourself. Who's the best back in the league? Peterson? Johnson? D-Mac's statistically outplaying them thus far. Whether you like it or not that's a fact.

I think you hear too many "tall tales". I been going to Raider games since I was a kid and sure there were a few fights. But opposing fans can come and watch the game sporting their jersey's without getting beat up. Sure they'll have to endure some smack talk but that happens in every stadium. As long as they don't start anything nothing usually happens.

LOL Chargers fans are normal people with jobs, lives, husbands, kids, wives, and most importantly college degrees.

Raiders fans are nothing but washed up ex convicts, wanna be gangsters, and can't be taken seriously. Raiders fans are all happy and talking smack now just because they are winning. The truth is both Denver and San Diego have wooped your team many many years in a row until this year. You might as well celebrate while you can now. On december 6th your going down.

Also, Chargers had fans 10 years ago, you are the pathetic one for actually believing they didn't LOL.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:53 PM

9,739 posts, read 18,510,416 times
The raiders do look impressive so far this season compared to past seasons.

The steelers host the raiders on sun, nov 21st.

If the steelers play on the 21st like they are playing tonight vs the pats i expect a raiders victory.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:05 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,815,702 times
Instead of all the arguing... Raider fans and Charger fans can both agree on one thing:

Denver kicking the hell out of the Chiefs today was awesome! (KC is a total fraud)

RAIDERS ARE IN 1ST PLACE!

It'll be Oakland or San Diego for the division.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:27 PM

137 posts, read 280,447 times
nice

Old 11-14-2010, 10:14 PM

4,811 posts, read 8,842,490 times
Look at these idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRhXTnJjBnQ

^Dam, most of those Faider fans cant even afford real jerseys. Sporting mad bootleg jerseys. Sucks when you cant use food stamps to buy real jerseys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoPaejVDG1c

^Im a diehard charger fan, but you ignorant people have to set facts straight and be fair. Chargers sucked back then, but they have only gotten better just a few years ago. I cant argue with statistics, Radiers won much more than us. But by far the most stupidest people are the Raider fans that can never accept a defeat and with all this bull of the Raiders thinking their everything today, well to bad. Grow up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpG9sUehqUo

^Chargers have a nicer team and city... Raiders are a joke to the nfl, nuff' said.
^Raiders fans are so damn ghetto! Have you seen thier tailgate? man it's like going to the state prision!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or