U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:55 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,149,693 times

Advertisements

Great job to Denver.

Oakland is in first place now. That is a momentum charger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 08:22 AM

9,729 posts, read 18,436,223 times
I have never liked the raiders but i wouldnt mind playing ball with the cheerleaders.

Its going to be a good game this sunday in pittsburgh but i feel the raiders have the edge due to the steelers poor playing last night.

I sure hope im wrong though.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:01 AM

3,265 posts, read 5,788,317 times
FootballFreak,

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but that kind of stuff (unfortunately) happens all the time. I remember when I was a wee one, I went to a Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cleveland Browns game in the 80's (back when football rivalries really meant something to the fans and the players) and in the bathroom at old Cleveland Browns stadium was an unconscious Steelers fan laying in the corner of the bathroom and many Browns fans went over and urinated on him. These are the same fans that would chuck D-Batteries from the Dog Pound and in modernity, would be the ones to hurl about 40,000 beer bottles on to the field during a game, pelting referees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQjaPVwmnAM

Football is a violent game and since everyone gets drunk out of their minds - that's what football wants. I know you're not naive enough to believe that that stuff hasn't happened at Chargers games too. I specifically remember a time when Charger fans got into with a visiting Raider fan at Qualcomm and he stabbed a Charger fan...

I love football but I stay away from these extra-curriculars. It's our version of soccer hooligans =P

Old 11-15-2010, 12:19 PM

320 posts, read 254,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
LOL Chargers fans are normal people with jobs, lives, husbands, kids, wives, and most importantly college degrees.

Raiders fans are nothing but washed up ex convicts, wanna be gangsters, and can't be taken seriously. Raiders fans are all happy and talking smack now just because they are winning. The truth is both Denver and San Diego have wooped your team many many years in a row until this year. You might as well celebrate while you can now. On december 6th your going down.

Also, Chargers had fans 10 years ago, you are the pathetic one for actually believing they didn't LOL.
I'm a university grad and a firefighter. I tailgate with college buddies who are successful people. You obviously know nothing about Raiders fans except for what you read on the internet or see on youtube. And most likely those are people crying about getting the crap kicked out of them because they had too much to drink made asses of themselves and got put in their place. I was at the Raider-Chief game and saw quite a few Chief jerseys. There were a few sitting a couple seats away from me and besides having to endure smack talk the entire game nothing happened to them.

Yeah San Diego beat us for a while but you forget that we whooped you guys 18 years in a row before and we dominated the all-time series. Denver hasn't been dominating us. We always play them tough no matter how sorry we were in the Jamarcus era. And we also have the edge in that historic match-up. The ONLY AFC west team with a winning record against us is KC.

LOL sure you had Charger fans 10 years ago. I went to SD with my dad to watch an away game and there were a couple Charger fans there. But the Raider fans took over that stadium. And our team also dominated you guys 27-7 to the delight of the crowd. You want to paint all Raider fans with one brush then go ahead. I can play that game also. All Charger fans are a bunch of front-running punks with no passion. A bunch of insignificant chumps from an insignificant area and they are just as pathetic as their worthless team who've never won anything in their entire history. And you guys have my pity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
FootballFreak,

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but that kind of stuff (unfortunately) happens all the time. I remember when I was a wee one, I went to a Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cleveland Browns game in the 80's (back when football rivalries really meant something to the fans and the players) and in the bathroom at old Cleveland Browns stadium was an unconscious Steelers fan laying in the corner of the bathroom and many Browns fans went over and urinated on him. These are the same fans that would chuck D-Batteries from the Dog Pound and in modernity, would be the ones to hurl about 40,000 beer bottles on to the field during a game, pelting referees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQjaPVwmnAM

Football is a violent game and since everyone gets drunk out of their minds - that's what football wants. I know you're not naive enough to believe that that stuff hasn't happened at Chargers games too. I specifically remember a time when Charger fans got into with a visiting Raider fan at Qualcomm and he stabbed a Charger fan...

I love football but I stay away from these extra-curriculars. It's our version of soccer hooligans =P
Exactly. We get a bad rap because the other California teams don't have fan bases as passionate as the rest of the country. And compared to them sure we look bad. But Raider fans as a whole are no different than the fanbases in Philly, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New York, KC etc. It's just when compared to the other fair-weather fans in this state we look pretty extreme.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:53 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,575,896 times
There are fights going on at every single NFL stadium.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:19 PM

4,811 posts, read 8,817,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
There are fights going on at every single NFL stadium.
I know this because I've gone to almost every Chargers home game this season but the Raiders fans are the absolute worst class-less fans. Always fighting and it's not just one or two people like with regular games like the Chargers games, it's always a whole mob of Raiders fans against a few fans of other teams. They're a bunch of punks. I bought me and my girlfriend tickets to go to the Raiders game coming up in December, and if any of them touch her, a fight will go down, but they have to start it first. That's the difference. The Chargers games I've been to, we never did anything to start the fight, it was some other fan being a smarta*s and talking smack, we just finish them.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:26 PM

3,265 posts, read 5,788,317 times
Quote:
I know this because I've gone to almost every Chargers home game this season but the Raiders fans are the absolute worst class-less fans. Always fighting and it's not just one or two people like with regular games like the Chargers games, it's always a whole mob of Raiders fans against a few fans of other teams. They're a bunch of punks. I bought me and my girlfriend tickets to go to the Raiders game coming up in December, and if any of them touch her, a fight will go down, but they have to start it first. That's the difference. The Chargers games I've been to, we never did anything to start the fight, it was some other fan being a smarta*s and talking smack, we just finish them.
Sensationalism. You guys won't have any trouble. The 2 iffiest places at a Raider game: a) Black Hole, b) Mount Davis, sections 335-355 (only because they're uber cheap). I've sat in both areas and witnessed the same amount of problems as I have in other stadiums. People drink and watch a violent, contentious sport.

Loosen up.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:43 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,575,896 times
Quote:
Those are people from Los Angeles.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:00 PM

320 posts, read 254,844 times
Quote:
Anyone who fights over a football game is an idiot. And needs to get a life.

You think you know something about Raider fans? Come to Oakland and find out for yourself. The funny thing is that most of the people who cry and whine about Raider fans never been to a game in person.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:48 PM

12,671 posts, read 21,064,291 times
49ers are the real good team in the Bay Area.

49ers did beat the Raiders twice this year.

On top of this, most of Raiders game gets blacked out due to lack of attendance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or