U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:56 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,782,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
49ers are the real good team in the Bay Area.

49ers did beat the Raiders twice this year.

On top of this, most of Raiders game gets blacked out due to lack of attendance.
49ers: 3rd place in the worst division in football
Raiders: 1st place, 3-0 in division

Twice this year? If you're counting the preseason game, I'm going to have to call you a nut. The 49ers won on the last drive in a meaningless game with 3rd and 4th stringers all over the field.

Did 49ers win in Week 3? Yeah, fair and square. The Raiders played awful and failed to turn those two early FG's into TD's. But not even the nuttiest 49er fans here in the Bay (many of them my friends) are out of their minds enough to admit they think the 49ers are as good as the Raiders this year (and especially not now).

The Raiders are ARGUABLY the hottest team in all of the NFL right now. They've scored 119 points in their last 3 games. You're talking about a team that's a Janikowski chip shot FG from being 6-3!

What kind of 49er kool aid are they serving down there in Texas because even here in the Bay Area, 49er fans are calling for Singletary's head to be placed on a platter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 07:27 PM

320 posts, read 254,685 times
Quote:
49ers are the real good team in the Bay Area.

49ers did beat the Raiders twice this year.

On top of this, most of Raiders game gets blacked out due to lack of attendance.

That's a good one.

Just be glad McFadden was out of action when we came through San Fran.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:26 PM

9,729 posts, read 18,419,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
Anyone who fights over a football game is an idiot.
Soccer fans are much worse especially overseas.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:27 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,147,747 times
A full healthy Raiders' team is an juggernaut

Old 11-16-2010, 11:57 PM

12,671 posts, read 21,052,348 times
Raiders division is just as weak the 49ers division.

Pre-season and Regular season. Infact Raiders failed to score a TD in the reg season game.

No games are meaningless unless you have the placement in the playoffs and where you will play wrapped up.

What does week 3 has to do with playing head to head? How many Super Bowl does your team have compare to the 49ers?

You guys don't even have good attendance hence causing blackouts.

Its not like Raiders are going to make the playoffs. It will be KC that will win the division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
49ers: 3rd place in the worst division in football
Raiders: 1st place, 3-0 in division

Twice this year? If you're counting the preseason game, I'm going to have to call you a nut. The 49ers won on the last drive in a meaningless game with 3rd and 4th stringers all over the field.

Did 49ers win in Week 3? Yeah, fair and square. The Raiders played awful and failed to turn those two early FG's into TD's. But not even the nuttiest 49er fans here in the Bay (many of them my friends) are out of their minds enough to admit they think the 49ers are as good as the Raiders this year (and especially not now).

The Raiders are ARGUABLY the hottest team in all of the NFL right now. They've scored 119 points in their last 3 games. You're talking about a team that's a Janikowski chip shot FG from being 6-3!

What kind of 49er kool aid are they serving down there in Texas because even here in the Bay Area, 49er fans are calling for Singletary's head to be placed on a platter.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post

That's a good one.

Just be glad McFadden was out of action when we came through San Fran.
He is useless. You guys could not even score a TD. Alex Smith is 2-0 vs Raiders.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:35 AM

5,716 posts, read 14,568,708 times
Texas User isn't so much a troll as a basement-bound rainman.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:58 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,782,904 times
Quote:
Raiders division is just as weak the 49ers division.

Pre-season and Regular season. Infact Raiders failed to score a TD in the reg season game.

No games are meaningless unless you have the placement in the playoffs and where you will play wrapped up.

What does week 3 has to do with playing head to head? How many Super Bowl does your team have compare to the 49ers?

You guys don't even have good attendance hence causing blackouts.

Its not like Raiders are going to make the playoffs. It will be KC that will win the division.
I only have sports convos with those who actually know sports, so this is our last communication.

KC isn't winning the division. We just beat them and they just got drilled by the Broncos, who if you told me they wouldn't have won another game all season, I would have believed you. Just a week before getting beat by Oakland, they DID lose to Buffalo (only because of a silly icing/timeout did they luckily escape). They also only beat Cleveland because of a 15-yard penalty on Cleveland that pushed them into FG range to win it. KC isn't a good team.

I would say San Diego is far more likely to take the division than is KC. It'll either be SD or OAK for the division and although the AFC West isn't as good as it has been, it's no where near as ugly as the NFC West, which some pundits say may be the division to sneak a sub .500 team into the playoffs!

Stick to the Texas forums.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:19 PM

49ers have a lot more of those including 5 for 5 in SB's. More HOFers

Did Raiders have a QB like Montana or a WR like Rice?

Raiders are now selling because they finally have a winning record. 49ers sell out regardless and our games never blackout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
Texas User is a troll. It is obvious he's trying to hijack this thread.

AFC West is always known to be one of the toughest divisions in the NFL. In fact, the AFC West is the only division in which each team won a division title within 4 years.

The best division in football? Hint: It's not the NFC West - Shutdown Corner - NFL* - Yahoo! Sports

Right. The Oakland Raiders have:

- Have 3/5 suberbowls
- Have 4/6 league championships
- Have a 14 year shorter franchise history that the San Francisco 49ers.

Hey, I cant call it. However, we did sell out our recent home game. Attendance will get sewed up. Although attendance has nothing to do with the original post.

Run DMC, useless? LMAO.

Yea, a troll is what you are.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
I only have sports convos with those who actually know sports, so this is our last communication.

KC isn't winning the division. We just beat them and they just got drilled by the Broncos, who if you told me they wouldn't have won another game all season, I would have believed you. Just a week before getting beat by Oakland, they DID lose to Buffalo (only because of a silly icing/timeout did they luckily escape). They also only beat Cleveland because of a 15-yard penalty on Cleveland that pushed them into FG range to win it. KC isn't a good team.

I would say San Diego is far more likely to take the division than is KC. It'll either be SD or OAK for the division and although the AFC West isn't as good as it has been, it's no where near as ugly as the NFC West, which some pundits say may be the division to sneak a sub .500 team into the playoffs!

Stick to the Texas forums.

Raiders won't be beating KC in KC though. Trust me, Raiders aren't winning the Div.

49ers beat the Raiders and the Broncos.

Both NFC and AFC West : First place team is 5-4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or