U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 09:21 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
I heard Cowher has no interest in the cowboys and that Gruden is the front runner if they make a move.
You heard from who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 09:34 AM

582 posts, read 1,827,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
You heard from who?
Heard it this morning on the 'mike and mike" show..

Old 11-09-2010, 10:03 AM

5,346 posts, read 3,368,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I'm not surprised to hear that Wade was fired. The writing was on the wall.

I also heard a rumor that Cowher is the front runner next year. The Cowboys would be LUCKY to get him! He's a great coach. I can tell y'all one thing--there is NO WAY Cowher will put up with JJ's meddling into his coaching! If he get's "The Chin", he will have to learn to butt out of the coaching end!
Quote:
I heard Cowher has no interest in the cowboys and that Gruden is the front runner if they make a move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
You heard from who?
Quote:
Heard it this morning on the 'mike and mike" show..
They mentioned it on ESPN yesterday... Cowher would not be interested... Not sure Gruden would be a good choice either... He inherited Tony Dungy's defense in Tampa... Not sure he can build a team... I wouldn't be surprised to see Jimmy Johnson return... Looks like he's wants the spotlight again... IMO

Old 11-09-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
They mentioned it on ESPN yesterday... Cowher would not be interested... Not sure Gruden would be a good choice either... He inherited Tony Dungy's defense in Tampa... Not sure he can build a team... I wouldn't be surprised to see Jimmy Johnson return... Looks like he's wants the spotlight again... IMO
That would be a dream come true if Jimmy came back..It doesn't guarantee anything but it would certainly change this team for the better no doubt.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:48 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,736,712 times
Quote:
That would be a dream come true if Jimmy came back..It doesn't guarantee anything but it would certainly change this team for the better no doubt.
Yeah, I would love to have Jimmy back! However, that's probably a very slim possibility. I wouldn't mind having Gruden, he's a good coach and would probably restore some discipline to the team.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Yeah, I would love to have Jimmy back! However, that's probably a very slim possibility. I wouldn't mind having Gruden, he's a good coach and would probably restore some discipline to the team.
That's what we need.Whoever it is needs to bring in their staff though.I do not want jerry picking who the staff will be which is another mistake jerry makes.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:12 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,049,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Gee, what a surprise.

Garrett was brought to Dallas as Phillips' prospective replacement and makes the same money as Phillips. He's been the heir apparent since day one.

I've wondered all season long if Garretts play calling (which has been suspect at best) wasn't a deliberate attempt to scuttle the season just to get Wade fired.

If so, looks like it's succeeded.
Garret doesn't call plays for the defense. They are terrible this year and the entire team has just rolled over and quit. I've been a Cowboy fan for a long time and I didn't even bother to watch Sunday's game. I KNEW that it would stink.

Wade Phillips is not a guy that inspires a lot of toughness or passion in his players. If there are no real leaders on a Wade Phillips team you get basically what you have now in Dallas. A bunch of players with no leadership going through the motions. The Cowboys are in desperate need of coach the kick *ss and takes names and

Old 11-09-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

Garrett a third string quarterback with no accomplishments that is yet to prove himself, Geez, What is Jerry Jones drinking?!! Wade Phillips let the defense go south but Garrett was not any better?!
A serious big name coach is NOT going to come in mid-season and coach. It's just NOT going to happen. That is one reason that Jerry was initially against an in season coaching change. The problem is it became so obvious on Sunday night that the players had quit on Wade and that Jerry HAD TO make a change.

If Jason Garret is the real deal as a head football coach he's got eight weeks to show it. Considering the money Jerry is paying him it's worth it to see if actually has the chops to cut in as an NFL head coach and then make a decision which direction he wants to go AFTER the season is over.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Gruden basically built the Oakland Raider team that won the AFC championship a year after he left to coach Tampa Bay and face the Raiders in the Super Bowl with him as coach and he annihilated them. He's a great people person and at the same time he has a no B.S. attitude in terms of the type of effort and execution he expects.

Jimmy Johnson returning to the Cowboys is a pipe dream.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:30 PM

630 posts, read 1,675,191 times
The Cow Dogs should take the star off their hats for the rest of the season.They haven't earned the right to wear the same uni's that Pearson,Staubach,Smith,Aikman,Lily,Wright,White,To o Tall,Stepnoski,Jordan,and Novacek wore.They should all wear Phil Pozderak's name on their backs.(Last statement for only true 'Boys fans) !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football