U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 AM

479 posts, read 580,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
oh, so flyimetro speaks for all of us?
Of course not. But he represents a sizable and vocal element.

Never forget watching the OJ verdict announcement with people at work. Nearly everyone was silent with disgust except a few 'people' who whooped with joy. The lines were clearly delineated by their demographics.

If folks like FIM dont speak for you please let them know so in order that others like me dont feel the need. That would be fantastic.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:53 AM

4,688 posts, read 6,633,726 times
Mike Vick>>>Joe Montana

Old 11-23-2010, 09:15 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,911,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
Of course not. But he represents a sizable and vocal element.

Never forget watching the OJ verdict announcement with people at work. Nearly everyone was silent with disgust except a few 'people' who whooped with joy. The lines were clearly delineated by their demographics.

If folks like FIM dont speak for you please let them know so in order that others like me dont feel the need. That would be fantastic.
Interesting read on Blacks and their support of Vick. Now I cant even begin to understand this type of mindset but the writer of this article seems to basically sum up why alot of Blacks support Vick and other high profile Blacks when they get caught up in the judicial system.

Why Black People Support Michael Vick - COLORLINES

Old 11-23-2010, 09:46 AM
JPD

12,159 posts, read 15,101,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Interesting read on Blacks and their support of Vick. Now I cant even begin to understand this type of mindset but the writer of this article seems to basically sum up why alot of Blacks support Vick and other high profile Blacks when they get caught up in the judicial system.

Why Black People Support Michael Vick - COLORLINES
Interesting. Every single thing the writer said about Vick has turned out to be completely wrong.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:04 PM

163 posts, read 96,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
probably, but he still got too much time anyway

people love to pick on entertainers. and it seems to be the "american thing to do" to hate michael vick, but i'm sorry i never jumped on that bandwagon. he made a mistake, he apologized for it, he served his punishment, done deal.

Which is why OJ got off right? Because we love to pick on entertainers.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:06 PM

163 posts, read 96,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurstlauren View Post
We put down dogs on the daily at shelters which indicates that even in the US as a whole we don't place the value of canine life as high as we would like to think.
The difference between what Mike Vick and his ilk do and what shelters do is immense. The dogs at shelters are put down in a humane fashion, whilst Vick and his ilk torture dogs.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:50 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,542,447 times
So I guess yall have an issue with the way chickens, cows and pigs are killed too. Oh wait no theyre just food. oh noes!

Old 11-23-2010, 01:59 PM
JPD

12,159 posts, read 15,101,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
So I guess yall have an issue with the way chickens, cows and pigs are killed too. Oh wait no theyre just food. oh noes!

Nobody shows up to get entertained and gamble while chickens, pigs and cows maul each other to death.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:00 PM

29,447 posts, read 26,432,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
... & if it was Brett Farve or Eli Manning it would have been sweep under the rug...the same way Clemons using roids was. Some races are simply not allowed to partake in activities the modern american does not understand.
Clemons was just indicted by a federal grand jury, and has been relentlessly pounded in the media. Bret Favre has also been pilloried in the court of public opinion and will likely lose his endorsements. Hardly swept under the rug. Yet you don't hear anyone insisting that people should just leave these poor guys alone, that they're merely products of their environment, that they're just being hassled because of their race, that what they did is no worse than George Bush, etc., etc.

Why is the outcry for special treatment reserved for Vick?

Old 11-23-2010, 02:00 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,421,026 times
Everyone will get over sooner are later...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football