U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 05:37 PM

2,236 posts, read 3,548,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post

Nobody shows up to get entertained and gamble while chickens, pigs and cows maul each other to death.
Actually cokk fighting was LEGAL still in Louisiana up until it was banned in 2007 and there was huge money involved in it. So um, yea.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:40 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,224,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Mike Vick>>>Joe Montana
Correction

Mike Vick = Invisible!

Old 11-23-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
And you don't dictate to me, bro. This is an open, public forum. If you post here, you need to fully expect to be quoted.

I am TRULY sorry that you were bitten when you were growing up, but to totally dismiss man's best friend for centuries like you have is simply not normal OR acceptable in a civilized society - no matter what race or ethnicity makes such statements.

I can accept the fact that Vick was raised around such repulsive behavior.

BUT, to excuse a college educated man that was eventually exposed to the much broader culture from acts like hanging, drowning, starving and smashing dogs into a bloody pulp for not "performing" to his sick standards is beyond reproach. THIS is the exact type of behavior that serial killers tend to start out with. In my - and the large portion of society at large's opinion, this is nothing less than a pathological mental disorder on full display.

Hopefully he has realized the evil he has displayed and inflicted. However, I honestly in my heart don't believe it for a minute. I hope to God he proves me wrong.
Stop quoting me bro.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
Because I can.
I bet you wont quote me again.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:02 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,848,371 times
Miami Dolphins took a pass on him, I wonder if it was because of his dog fighting issues...I applauded them for their moral fiber, because I felt that what he did was terrible. But, as a pure business decision, it was a bad move. That is the problem when you do business, and try to think with high ethical standards, it is not always the best choice to choose a high moral ground.

What is funny, is the attitude most people have towards dog fighting, they are either against it, have no opinion, or actually have participated in it, and see no issues with it. I don't know if dog fighting is a cultural issue, but most of my black friends have done dog fighting or gone to dog fights.

Either way, Micheal Vick did his time, the world needs to move on. Should he have been kicked out of the NFL for it? I thought so, but that is what I think, that the NFL should have more moral fiber...but of course, they think business, rather than ethics, which, if Miami had done the same thing...we would be doing pretty good right now. Something to think about...good or bad...

Old 11-23-2010, 06:05 PM

479 posts, read 581,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
I bet you wont quote me again.
You lose!

Old 11-23-2010, 06:10 PM

479 posts, read 581,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
What is funny, is the attitude most people have towards dog fighting, they are either against it, have no opinion, or actually have participated in it, and see no issues with it. I don't know if dog fighting is a cultural issue, but most of my black friends have done dog fighting or gone to dog fights.
Seriously? Dog fighting doesnt exist within the white commnity. No one I know has ever even considered going to one.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:38 PM

461 posts, read 927,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srschirm View Post
The difference between what Mike Vick and his ilk do and what shelters do is immense. The dogs at shelters are put down in a humane fashion, whilst Vick and his ilk torture dogs.
I totally agree, but it is just different shades of still wrong and avoidable. My point wasn't that they were the same thing.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
See the first quote AlGreen. It just gets tiresome. So very tiresome.

You overstated what I said. But FlyinMetro types are much more common than not.
Hey man, there is no "n" in my screen name bubba....So disrespectful.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:49 PM

222 posts, read 624,440 times
Thumbs down Thug

Michael Vick was a thug, and remains a thug...

If he couldn't throw a football, he'd be a janitor. Maybe. More likely, he'd be in prison for something else, besides dog fighting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football