U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 07:06 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,588,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Interesting read on Blacks and their support of Vick. Now I cant even begin to understand this type of mindset but the writer of this article seems to basically sum up why alot of Blacks support Vick and other high profile Blacks when they get caught up in the judicial system.

Why Black People Support Michael Vick - COLORLINES
That article was written in 2007. I didn't support Vick at all in 2007 (I wanted him to go to prison and get banned from the NFL for life), but I honestly think he's changed. I hate dog fighting and animal abuse. I think Vick should have gotten a longer sentence, but he's out and he's apparently doing the right thing. I won't call myself a Vick fan, but if the NFL (with Roger Goodell) was willing to take him back, then I have no problems with him being on the football field.

Stop trying to make this about race. It has nothing to do with race. Stop bringing up race all the time -- it would be the same deal if this was Kevin Kolb or Philip Rivers.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:09 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,211,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Clemons was just indicted by a federal grand jury, and has been relentlessly pounded in the media. Bret Favre has also been pilloried in the court of public opinion and will likely lose his endorsements. Hardly swept under the rug. Yet you don't hear anyone insisting that people should just leave these poor guys alone, that they're merely products of their environment, that they're just being hassled because of their race, that what they did is no worse than George Bush, etc., etc.

Why is the outcry for special treatment reserved for Vick?
Black people dont care about Clemons & Favre.....thats the point. Thats the issue people dont understand. Blacks dont care about Clemons, Favre, Jose Conseco, Pete Rose, Ben R-Burger, Mark Maguire....blacks mind their own business on those issues....ask any real american black man what he think of mentioned names and watch him shrung his shoulders & say "who cares"...ask the avaerage white guy about Vick, Bonds, A-Rod, Plaxico or Kobe and sit back & listen to the venom, hate & animosity that comes out. Thats the issue the black sports community has with the critics. If emmitt smith, Chris Carter & Deion Sanders rip Vick then cool but if Bradshaw, Marino & Boomer do it must blacks hate that. Hopefully that clears up where many black men are coming from on the issue.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 PM

So a black person can criticize a black athlete, but if a white person does it, it's racist? What a double standard. A racist double standard.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
You lose!
Actually Im winning lol, I bet you wont quote this message.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
So a black person can criticize a black athlete, but if a white person does it, it's racist? What a double standard. A racist double standard.
Rules are rules regardless of your personal standard. Criticize is one thing, OVERKILL is another. Notice again black fans dont criticize white players, we go on with our daily lives. Seriously man. You wont see black men crying about Ben R-Burger raping some cornball chick in some hick town. We dont care. Some things SHOULD be left alone. Freedom of speech should be used wisely. We are in a society now were many things are offensive, but people say & do these thing anyway for a reaction...

& by the way I just recieved 7 count em SEVEN + 1s to my account so there are others that agree. Hey man Im black, I HATE when blacks mess up, hate when we kill our own kind, Hate when our women get pregnant by unworthy men. I told you the trust of the matter whether you respect it or not is your business but again. Thats how a large group of people feel.
Peace.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:35 PM

I'm sorry, but I refuse to live by those 17th century race rules. Our civil rights leaders didn't give their lives for us to continue with this BS. This is one reason I could never live in Atlanta -- too much racism, racial obsession, race bickering and racemongering.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:40 PM

3,513 posts, read 7,074,345 times
I've always been a fan of Ron Mexico....

Old 11-23-2010, 07:55 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,539,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulver View Post
Michael Vick was a thug, and remains a thug...

If he couldn't throw a football, he'd be a janitor. Maybe. More likely, he'd be in prison for something else, besides dog fighting.
But instead he lives better than you ever will...

Old 11-23-2010, 08:09 PM

23,127 posts, read 35,140,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I'm sorry, but I refuse to live by those 17th century race rules. Our civil rights leaders didn't give their lives for us to continue with this BS. This is one reason I could never live in Atlanta -- too much racism, racial obsession, race bickering and racemongering.
Spare me. This is not about Atlanta.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:13 PM

281 posts, read 531,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
But instead he lives better than you ever will...
I doubt he lives to see fifty. If he does, he will be destitute or in prison(or both).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football