U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:21 PM

1,856 posts, read 3,006,575 times

Advertisements

mike vicks is bad

Old 11-16-2010, 12:32 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,202,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. People it's just football. Once MV's career is over no one will care. It all comes down to money. The Eagles will make money off of MV and the NFL will make money off of MV. How many people last night won money from best off of MV and the Eagles. People are more up in arms over MV than the wars and famine going on across the globe. It's just football.
Thinking Globally are we?? Impressive. Is Soccer just Soccer or is it a major global sport? If you say "Its just Soccer" Im cool with that.

lol

Old 11-16-2010, 12:49 PM

461 posts, read 925,252 times
I love to watch Vick play, always have. I am glad he is doing well, he got a second chance and it looks like he's making the best of it. I hope those Dirty Birds stomp him if it comes down to it though.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:44 PM

449 posts, read 819,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurstlauren View Post
I love to watch Vick play, always have. I am glad he is doing well, he got a second chance and it looks like he's making the best of it. I hope those Dirty Birds stomp him if it comes down to it though.
I agree. It's great to see him take advantage of his second chance.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:21 PM

23,112 posts, read 35,061,639 times
Short memories are dangerous. This is a despicable human being. Granted, he paid his debt to society, but it sickens me that young people are offered filth like this as role models. He has athletic talent? BFD. There was a time when more was demanded of our sports heroes; but I suppose that time has passed.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:36 PM

461 posts, read 925,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Short memories are dangerous. This is a despicable human being. Granted, he paid his debt to society, but it sickens me that young people are offered filth like this as role models. He has athletic talent? BFD. There was a time when more was demanded of our sports heroes; but I suppose that time has passed.
I don't think we should be encouraging our children to think Football players are heroes in the first place.
Also, filth and despicable human being are a bit strong IMO, this coming from someone with 3 rescue dogs, 2 of them bullies.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:15 PM

5,098 posts, read 7,588,367 times
i like animals, but i don't love them, so excuse me for thinking this man deserved little more than a few months time. what he did was pretty nasty, but i don't want his head on a platter

people who hurt and harm other people are despicable human beings

Old 11-16-2010, 05:11 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,202,327 times
Quote:
I dont believe in you.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:04 PM

3,521 posts, read 4,261,380 times
I feel the same about George W. Bush.

Replace "athletic talent" with "political genius" and replace "sports heroes" with "Presidents" and our sentiments are remarkably similar, just with different targets of outrage.

Quote:

Old 11-16-2010, 07:58 PM

23,112 posts, read 35,061,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I feel the same about George W. Bush.

Replace "athletic talent" with "political genius" and replace "sports heroes" with "Presidents" and our sentiments are remarkably similar, just with different targets of outrage.
You are comparing GWB with MV? My God, we do live in a sick society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football