U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2010, 04:49 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,420,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I daresay Vick wouldn't have been criticized for abusing animals for pleasure if he hadn't been, like, abusing animals for pleasure.

One of the most powerful ways blacks could demonstrate they've arrived in the mainstream is to abandon the claims of victimization and the knee jerk defense of blacks who've clearly done bad things. Criticism goes with the territory of being powerful and living in the public eye. Vick himself obviously understands this -- he's not the one moaning about how unfair it all is.

How can we when it is still going on?

Old 11-24-2010, 05:26 PM

29,444 posts, read 26,420,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
How can we when it is still going on?
Did you read my prior post? What makes you think blacks haven't arrived in the mainstream?

Old 11-24-2010, 06:25 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,420,392 times
Quote:
Did you read my prior post? What makes you think blacks haven't arrived in the mainstream?

I never said they didnt. Blacks too this day still have to prove themselves in Mainstream media and then when they get there its still not good enough.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:52 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,214,353 times
Im a dir hard fan of My team, I respect Falcons fans, never had a real interest in The Eagle or Mike Vick before he got in trouble, Im more of a Peyton Manning type of fan, BUT this thread makes me love both Mike Vick & The Philadelphia Eagles man I hope if my team doesnt get to the SB the eagles do. It will be the highest rated event ever! Go EAGLES!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I'm sorry, but I refuse to live by those 17th century race rules. Our civil rights leaders didn't give their lives for us to continue with this BS. This is one reason I could never live in Atlanta -- too much racism, racial obsession, race bickering and racemongering.
Like I said using freedom of speech is NOT always a wise choice. Blacks get offended when high profile blacks are over criticized by white. Im giving you behind the scene KNOWLEGDE of why blacks take up for Mike Vick. Suit yourself, so things are better left unsaid. Thats discernment.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
The reason blacks dont condemn Rothelsburger is because plenty of whites are already on his case. (now of course if the chick had been black, Jesse and Al would have been all over it).

Yet when a black man does something illicit the majority of the black voices are vociferous - in their SUPPORT of the crime-doer. Even when the victim is white (OJs ex, girls at UNC and Auburn, etc). That is why you hear lots of white voices -- because blacks wont criticize their own kind, almost no matter what (see Marion Barry). Meanwhile whites abhor the white criminals in their midst - whether Bill Clinton or otherwise.
Stop quoting me dude.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
LOL! Get a clue, bro.
You quote me & send me private messages? Its like you are stalking me. This is a lil weird man. Id appreciate if you would stop the harrasment. Please stop quoting bro.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
+1 (I can't rep you more at the moment)

Well said--and needed.
My question is why are white people so angry? Why so hateful? Why the negative passion for this man that had a VERY STUPID hobby. Ive seen white dudes, black dudes and many Puerto ricans fight pit bulls...never seen any killed after the fact...it was more of "My dawg is tougher/better than your dawg Lets bet money to prove it" The dogs fight, the winner dog gets the respect & payment the loser dog gets nursed or sold or traded. Vick was doing some EXTRA SHIZNIT...way out there. When I first heard the news I said damn "Vick is an idiot" All my homeboys (educated brothas) said the exact same phrases the dude was stupid & we were embarassed. Then the white commentators started ripping.... & ripping..... & ripping & Ripping...after a while Im like damn...why they going so hard on Vick? When they gonna ****? These critics are never really concerned with the history or upbringing of said person, but they dont go as hard on white mistakes as they do Vick. Its painfully obvious, even on this thread. You look at white guy in his face & tell him "hey it hurts me/us when you say these things about someone we connent with to ANY degree" Either ther respect the request or they keep on pushing. Once they kept pushing we push back & that the basis of this forum. Let it go & we will, keep ripping & we'll keep defending. Seriously we are going in circles yall.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
I daresay Vick wouldn't have been criticized for abusing animals for pleasure if he hadn't been, like, abusing animals for pleasure.

One of the most powerful ways blacks could demonstrate they've arrived in the mainstream is to abandon the claims of victimization and the knee jerk defense of blacks who've clearly done bad things. Criticism goes with the territory of being powerful and living in the public eye. Vick himself obviously understands this -- he's not the one moaning about how unfair it all is.
What!? Man thats a bunch of BS....mainstream? We arrived? Man we dont need to by certified by society, get the heII outta here! The President is black, do you not here how disrespected he gets on a daily basis?? What are your ears & eyes closed? Spare us/me with this blacks need to prove they arrived crap! Blacks need to repair our families, repair our love for one another(men & women) & think outside of the box sometimes, BUT this whole foolishness about Black arriving put that mess back in your pocket & come again. We been arrived in this country!

Old 11-24-2010, 08:13 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,176,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
You quote me & send me private messages? Its like you are stalking me. This is a lil weird man. Id appreciate if you would stop the harrasment. Please stop quoting bro.
Stalking? Harassment? You have GOT to be kidding me with this garbage.

Yeah, I sent you a message - because I didn't want to repeat what I had already stated here previously. But since you are forcing the issue, I will.

AGAIN, this is an open, public discussion forum. If you post here, you should fully expect to be quoted. What part of this concept do you not understand?

And again, you don't dictate to other members what they can and can not do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football