U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 06:42 AM

479 posts, read 580,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Stop quoting me dude.
Really, that is all you can muster? How sad and boring.

But if so, I will definitely stop quoting you. You clearly have nothing interesting left to say.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:14 AM

29,394 posts, read 26,351,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
You could've just said you didn't like him. I'm not gonna nail you to the cross for it. It ain't that serious.
Well, as I say I'm personally okay with Vick, although that's beside the point.

However, I get the impression from you that the "Please don't say anything mean about Michael Vick!!" chorus will continue indefinitely. It's too comfortable for its adherents to let go.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear
Riggghttt. Its why child molesters and rapists are always forgiven and welcomed back into their communties with open arms. The whites anyway. Course the black man criminal, who was no doubt wrongly convicted, is not welcomed because, you know, he's black. Surrrrrreeee.

Reminds me of the Eddie Murphy SNL skit where he went around disguised as a white man and discovered this secret world where whites got all kinds of free things and acted completely different when there werent any black people about. Course, it was meant as a satire, because the idea was absurd. But apparently some people still carry the race card around to be used for any and all occassions.

Do tell, if Vick was destined to be hated for his blackness, why did he receive such support from the white community before his conviction? Was it all a conspiracy, trying to make him feel comfortable and hoping that he would screw up? Some folks probably do believe something like that.

Im sure Tiger Woods is being mistreated too, huh? All because he is a black man. Nevermind he was the highest paid athelte in the world prior to his scandal. Its just whitey trying to take another successful black man down.

Gee, what if there were a successful black person that didnt screw up? You know like Colin Powell or Michael Jordan? Im sure its just a matter of time before whitey figures out a way to take them down too.

It all comes down to personal responsibility. All adults, and especially those with power and money, are responsible for their actions. Anyone who cant abide by that is living in the wrong country or outside the dominant cultural norms.

Society has no obligation to give anyone a second chance. It may choose to, it may choose not to. Depends on the individual and how they conduct themselves afterward. Seen Pete Rose doing endorsements recently? How is ole Pee Wee Herman doing? How long has his "second chance" taken? Or is it still a WIP?

No one has the right to demand that I or anyone has the right to DEMAND a second chance. If it comes, be thankful. If not, its on them because of what THEY did. Nothing to do with me.
Stop quoting me dude.
Just out of curiosity, what's the theory behind you quoting him and telling him not to quote you?

Old 11-27-2010, 09:35 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,417,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
So making note of what folks have actually been saying for the past week is unfairly "proving a point of view"? Seems more like a case of "Reality Bites" to me.

In any case, as I said earlier, Vick's not the one who's claiming victim-hood or fretting about what people say. Some of you guys should take a page from his book on that.
No one is claiming victim for vick.. We are just speaking in his defense. Like i said earlier had this thread continued in the way the Op started it off we wouldnt be coming to his defense.. So its not us who u should be quoteing. Its the posters who started the mess.. We were fine speaking on his future until puppy lovers came in with full force...

Old 11-27-2010, 12:55 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,204,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
Really, that is all you can muster? How sad and boring.

But if so, I will definitely stop quoting you. You clearly have nothing interesting left to say.
Stop it bro.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:00 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,204,058 times
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what's the theory behind you quoting him and telling him not to quote you?

Some are worthy of a legit reply, others are not. Im pretty consistant.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:14 PM

3,521 posts, read 4,262,396 times
Nice evasion.

But you can't always hide behind the veneer of moderate-ness. Whether it was the issue of Obama's birth certificate, or the issue of social Vs. corporate welfare, you've shown where your interests lie, even though it wasn't so obvious to the average city-data commentator.

Oh well. 2+ points to you for now.

Quote:
Well, as I say I'm personally okay with Vick, although that's beside the point.

However, I get the impression from you that the "Please don't say anything mean about Michael Vick!!" chorus will continue indefinitely. It's too comfortable for its adherents to let go.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Nice evasion.
Ever heard one of Mayor Reed's addresses to an Atlanta high school audience? There's very little room there for excusing, justifying or general bellyaching and moaning about being a victim.

Just something to bear in mind.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:06 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,742,630 times
I don't see M. Vick a victim of anything. But I don't understand the NFL letting him back in, a convicted criminal. If I was convicted of a crime, no matter what the crime, I would not have my job back when I got out of prison. What it does, is send a message, that the crime he committed, dog fighting/animal cruelty was not really that big of a deal. We know that rape, and domestic violence is nothing to the NFL...but let a player bet on a game, and that is the worst crime ever...there is something wrong with their ethics, or rather, lack of...No type of moral integrity, to stand up for things that are right or wrong. Just, what will make the most money. That is a problem in our society, and the black population should care, because what kind of message does this send to black youth? That when you get out of prison, that life goes on as usual. That "Breaking the law is really not a big deal, after all, look at M. Vick.". Great message to send to kids.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:24 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,417,201 times
[quote=arjay57;16802162]Ever heard one of Mayor Reed's addresses to an Atlanta high school audience? There's very little room there for excusing, justifying or general bellyaching and moaning about being a victim.

Just something to

There is a quote thats says: Don't empower My past, but empower My future..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football