U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:01 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,164,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
You are comparing GWB with MV? My God, we do live in a sick society.
I'm no fan of W, but I absolutely concur. What an absolutely bizarre and misguided comparison.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:34 PM

3,521 posts, read 4,263,923 times
Say what you guys want, I could care less about the Michael Vick situation. I only said what I said to show how nonsensical it is to make Vick out to be some Anti-Christ just because he doesn't have the "mainstream" look and that he killed some dogs.

There are human beings walking free in this country who are responsible for the deaths and maimings of hundreds of thousands of human beings...I repeat this again: HUMAN BEINGS and we choose to leave those targets alone. Unlike Vick, those targets will NEVER see the inside of a jail cell.

Now THAT'S sick.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:18 PM

5,098 posts, read 7,593,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Say what you guys want, I could care less about the Michael Vick situation. I only said what I said to show how nonsensical it is to make Vick out to be some Anti-Christ just because he doesn't have the "mainstream" look and that he killed some dogs.

There are human beings walking free in this country who are responsible for the deaths and maimings of hundreds of thousands of human beings...I repeat this again: HUMAN BEINGS and we choose to leave those targets alone. Unlike Vick, those targets will NEVER see the inside of a jail cell.

Now THAT'S sick.
[sarcasm]but they're little puppies![/sarcasm]...

Old 11-16-2010, 11:04 PM

13,611 posts, read 22,063,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurstlauren View Post
I love to watch Vick play, always have. I am glad he is doing well, he got a second chance and it looks like he's making the best of it. I hope those Dirty Birds stomp him if it comes down to it though.
I agree with this entire post.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:07 PM

13,611 posts, read 22,063,716 times
Quote:

Now THAT'S sick.

Well stated--good points.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:40 AM

37 posts, read 96,763 times
i was and still am a huge Vick fan..I am happy to see him doing well in Philly, but I now believe Matt Ryan is the right guy for this team. I will support Vick until he plays the Falcons, then he will just be another player in the league to me

Old 11-17-2010, 12:13 PM

281 posts, read 531,554 times
Quote:

Now THAT'S sick.
I guess Roosevelt should have been in prison as well since he declared war on Japan and Germany? And JFK got us into the war in Vietnam. I guess he is responsible for all the maiming and killing that went on there? What laws did Bush violate? The president and congress declared war on two countries that they determined to be enemies of the free world. I don't get the analogy.
I think you are more angry about someone saying something bad about a black male and feel the need to turn it around and criticize a white guy.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:41 PM

29,413 posts, read 26,372,274 times
If Bush had been running a dog fighting ring and personally killing and abusing dogs he should receive the same treatment as Vick.

That being said, I don't approve of the war on either Iraq or Afghanistan. We ought to be spending our time and energy on intelligence, target hardening, improving response and resiliency. Also, making the U.S. the ultimate example of excellence, fairness and long term sustainability. Let these other loonies duke it out among themselves.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:50 PM

479 posts, read 580,557 times
Quote:
I feel the same about George W. Bush.

Replace "athletic talent" with "political genius" and replace "sports heroes" with "Presidents" and our sentiments are remarkably similar, just with different targets of outrage.
How odd. I feel the same way about our current (one term) president.

"Short memories are dangerous. This is a despicable human being....it sickens me that young people are offered filth like this as role models."

Old 11-17-2010, 01:08 PM

461 posts, read 925,593 times
How did a thread about football turn into a political debate? Please take your agenda to the political forums, or at least another thread that is somewhat related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football