U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Tim Tebow become an elite NFL star QB?
Probably so. 10 16.95%
Probably not. 34 57.63%
Pointless to speculate. 15 25.42%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:16 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,961,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Personally I think the media wants him to fell because of his Christian faith. If he was Muslim, they'd be fawning all over him. "gasp"

There...I said it.

He actually played very well against Dallas.....If he keeps working hard, only great things will happen.

2011 NFL Preseason (Week 1) - Dallas Cowboys vs. Denver Broncos Highlights - YouTube

He went 6 for 7!!! And look at that 40 yard pass!

And all you hear is "He sucks?"

Listen to the female announcer's tone...it's almost as if she didn't want to say he did well.
See Game 3. Two Fumbles and three sacks.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:42 AM

10,699 posts, read 11,754,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
See Game 3. Two Fumbles and three sacks.
He's new........
Aaron Rodgers was sacke d3 times against the Colts on Friday. Brady got sacked.....

They all get sacked. They all fumble. What?? Are his sacks worst that other QB sacks? It sure seems to be, in the eyes of many.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:09 AM

3,185 posts, read 4,078,201 times
Quote:
He's new........
Aaron Rodgers was sacke d3 times against the Colts on Friday. Brady got sacked.....

They all get sacked. They all fumble. What?? Are his sacks worst that other QB sacks? It sure seems to be, in the eyes of many.
Agreed. Not to mention he had a couple brilliant plays. He can be very elusive, even with their crappy O-line. He's a unique QB that everyone is comparing to pocket passers. If he plays to his strengths and finds a way to make it work, he very well could be a superstar. Personally, I think he'll grow into a great solid QB but nothing astounding.

It's amazing to see the field day ESPN and the rest of the media have with him. First they prop him up and praise him like no other. Now they harshly criticize him and there seems to be a daily/weekly Tebow bashing by Merril and Boomer. For a backup quarterback that's a heck of a lot of exposure.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:11 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,428,600 times
Quote:
Personally I think the media wants him to fell because of his Christian faith. If he was Muslim, they'd be fawning all over him. "gasp"

There...I said it.

Really? You actually believe this... There's no way you believe the media cares about his religion. NO WAY.

Sports are one of the few places where no one cares about your religion or politics. As long as a player wins they do not care!

But lets say you believe this... Then maybe overzealous fans like you are the reason the media would want him to fail. Because your statement is completely baseless and just utterly ridiculous...

Old 08-29-2011, 07:58 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,873,475 times
Quote:
Personally I think the media wants him to fell because of his Christian faith.
Yeah, um, probably not.

Quote:
...they'd be fawning all over him. "gasp"
You must have missed the last 5 years. Welcome back.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Really? You actually believe this... There's no way you believe the media cares about his religion. NO WAY.

Sports are one of the few places where no one cares about your religion or politics. As long as a player wins they do not care!

But lets say you believe this... Then maybe overzealous fans like you are the reason the media would want him to fail. Because your statement is completely baseless and just utterly ridiculous...
Oh really???

CBS Reporter goes off on Tim Tebow about his Faith. Uncalled for?

No one is gonna just out right say it!! They will overly diss him for other veiled reasons.

That CBS reporter basically outted himself. The media is hostile to anything Christian.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:28 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,873,475 times
Quote:
The media is hostile to anything Christian.
Bro he has always been a media darling. Where have you been? Your perceived "media" bias is completely mistaken. Will a couple (one?) of media dip****s doosh up a sports story by politicizing it? Sure. Doesn't change the fact that the media as a whole absolutely loves Tim Tebow.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 08-29-2011 at 08:53 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 08:39 PM

16,555 posts, read 21,100,317 times
I knew at some point we would come up to the issue of Religon. I normally don't like or allow that issue regarding commentary (the subject here is football related, after all). With Tebow, the religious issue is at front and center regarding his persona. I thought about a mass delete on these last few posts, then a partial delete. For now, neither applies. For now.

Let's see where this goes. First, there will be no
personal attacks on posters, and particularly their beliefs. Second, there will be no snarky remarks about believing or not believing. If we can do that and still have an even handed debate regarding the media's position on this specific issue, I'll keep this going. The minute the conversation goes sideways, posts will be removed. If it keeps going sideways, the thread likely will be shut down.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:34 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,778,433 times
No one is giving Tebow a lot of love in South Florida I know that.

Sports Radio has destroyed the Tebow love in at the Dolphin Tank.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
No one is giving Tebow a lot of love in South Florida I know that.

Sports Radio has destroyed the Tebow love in at the Dolphin Tank.

Tebow hasn't killed any dogs. Tebow hasn't stabbed anyone. Tebow hasn't killed anyone with his car. He hasn't been to any strip clubs! Tebow hasn't beat up any women! Tebow hasn't fathered babies all over the globe!

Yet the the players that have done those things get more support for redemption and hopes that they will get better, than Tebow does! Everyone seems to want him to fail! "Will he ver be a great NFL QB? The hip answer among analysts seems to be "NO"! Why do they say this with such glee almost? What has this kid ever done to anyone?

And nobody thinks that's strange?

Tim Tebow's Legacy of Faith, Hope and Love - YouTube

1st and 10 discuss Tebow and Vick - YouTube
Tebow is not a pocket passer. Neither is Vick. So wht do you do? You play to his strengths!! He did a good job at Dallas! And how does Brady Quinn warrant the 2nd spot?? He was garbarge in Cleveland!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football