U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Tim Tebow become an elite NFL star QB?
Probably so. 10 16.95%
Probably not. 34 57.63%
Pointless to speculate. 15 25.42%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:19 PM

7,475 posts, read 20,224,177 times

Advertisements

He has worked his way down to third or fouth string... He won't be in the league in a few years, if he lasts that long...

Old 09-01-2011, 09:14 PM

10,691 posts, read 11,704,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
He has worked his way down to third or fouth string... He won't be in the league in a few years, if he lasts that long...

Old 09-04-2011, 07:41 AM

16,532 posts, read 20,994,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Well, fourth string is out. Bronco roster moves were announced yesterday and Adam Weber was released. Right now it reads:

1. Kyle Orton
2. Brady Quinn
3. Tim Tebow

I think it's a sure bet that if Adam Weber isn't claimed by another club he will be put on the Bronco practice squad. Brady Quinn btw had a poor game the other night completing only 4 out of 12 passes while Tebow looked good in his time on the field. We'll see what John Fox decides here.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:37 PM

10,691 posts, read 11,704,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Well, fourth string is out. Bronco roster moves were announced yesterday and Adam Weber was released. Right now it reads:

1. Kyle Orton
2. Brady Quinn
3. Tim Tebow

I think it's a sure bet that if Adam Weber isn't claimed by another club he will be put on the Bronco practice squad. Brady Quinn btw had a poor game the other night completing only 4 out of 12 passes while Tebow looked good in his time on the field. We'll see what John Fox decides here.

So what's the real issue?

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick!!!

Old 09-05-2011, 07:04 PM

16,532 posts, read 20,994,530 times
I wish I could tell ya CK! Coach Fox is being quiet with the media about who is going to be named number 2 quarterback. In a way, I'm glad he is as the gossipmonger media over here can't wait to make a mountain out of a mole hill, they're pretty good about that here.

BTW, Adam Weber cleared waivers, Denver has him on their practice squad.

I think Elway wants Tebow to get the thought out of his mind about immediately taking off out of the pocket when he doesn't find his primary receiver open. That is a valid point.

And when he takes off out of the pocket when it's best to slide in as opposed to not.

Another one is throwing with accuracy on the run but Tim got off two great passes on the run the other night with one being caught and the other hitting the receiver in the numbers but was dropped.

One of the things that has gotten the fans a tad peeved was Brady's demeanor as he came off the field from the three and outs he had in the Seahawk game Thursday night. I will say this, in the first half Quinn wasn't sacked but he just as well have been as he was pressured the whole time he was in there. I looked at the game again last night, looks like the o-line Brady had in there, 3 out of the 5 were cut yesterday. And mind you the fourth game is basically players playing for their jobs. Still, a little in your face diplomacy isn't a bad thing here. And Tebow has always communicated with the o-line on the bench-always.

This issue might not be that big of a deal. Still, a lot of the fans who called in weren't happy not only with Quinn's performance but also his demeanor. And he has had a good camp this summer, the past couple games Quinn led the offense to several scores.

We have other active threads on Tebow, time to close this one.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-30-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football