U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,882,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain_time_Blues View Post
But a dark horse the Browns should be given a serious look.
Yeah, they were the only team in the NFL that consistently made wise drafting decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 02:35 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,850,296 times
Yeah, I agree on the Browns. On paper atleast, they look like they might do some damage this year. Their defense was playing better last year, they got a good coach and they have a few offensive weapons so they might let it rip. What's their schedule like this year? That might be a determining factor, and hopefully, Winslow Jr. will keep his yap shut!!

I think the Rams might be good this year too, at times last year, they looked pretty good. I can not believe I'm saying this but Detroit might, just might, be good this year. This is going to come back and bite me, isn't it?

DCNative, give me your Skins analysis bro? What do you think? This may be our year, on paper, we're looking good. Say, 8-8, 7-9??

Old 07-10-2007, 02:38 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 4,764,819 times
The cardinals have a great chance at being in the playoffs this season. They have assembled quite a bit of talent. Under the direction of a young coach maybe it's there turn.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:39 PM

32,421 posts, read 59,932,247 times
The Cleveland Browns are always my dark horse.

I never think they're gonna win (always makes it a nice surprise on the off chance that it happens), but I'll never bet against them!

Old 07-10-2007, 04:46 PM

Both Browns and Cardinals have all the ingredients for the first time in a long time so hopefully they can make it happen this year. The Cards are pretty loaded on paper, but they have the "cardinals" factor, you know? It's the same story every year. I hope they can change history, would love to see Edgerin James have a good season.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,690 times
I think the Broncos will surprise people. They got their work horse back, finally after dealing with Tatum Bell for 2 year. They got a great blocking tight end and the best on in FA, Daniel Graham. They got Brandon Stokley in FA, they also added quite a bit of weight in the d line with the addidtion of Sam Adams. I think they will win it all this year.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 4,764,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
The Cards are pretty loaded on paper, but they have the "cardinals" factor, you know? It's the same story every year. I hope they can change history, would love to see Edgerin James have a good season.

I agree with that 100 percent. The NFL really needs to stop the welfare system that allows team owners like the Bidwills to get filthy rich and contiually put a bad product on the field.

They look great on paper but you still have to consider the "Bidwills".

Old 07-10-2007, 08:45 PM

I can't see the Cards making a serious run. might make the wildcard, but nothing more. every year, we get scared of the cards, but they always find a way to screw it up at the end.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:45 AM

Kind of like Detroit, right?

Old 07-11-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
DCNative, give me your Skins analysis bro? What do you think? This may be our year, on paper, we're looking good. Say, 8-8, 7-9??
hey, I missed your post...

I honestly have no idea how the redskins will do this year. Our secondary sucked last year, but we really worked on that this year... we'll see how things gel. Our offense will depend on J Campbell and the health of clinton portis. I do think gibbs will run a RB portis-betts committee, and I'm in full support of that... it will preserve the health of both backs throughout the season, though it will be bad for their fantasy numbers. I think we have good WRs and TEs.

One thing left is our team chemistry... we need to gel like we did in 2005. If we don't, then we're in trouble and could possibly be gibbs last year of coaching, for good. If we do gel, then we'll go around 11-5 and get the division title.

If I had to guess right now.... 9-7 and wildcard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or