U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 07:46 AM

792 posts, read 2,903,581 times

Advertisements

The Cardinals have been a dark horse going into every season since Reagan was president. One of these years perhaps we will be able to claim finally, "see I told ya!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 07:46 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,879,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Kind of like Detroit, right?
pretty much lol

but they've got calvin johnson and roy williams... ouch! watch out

Old 07-12-2007, 02:24 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,661,185 times
The Houston Texans are my dark horse. I think Mario Willilams will prove he is Bush-worthy and Matt Schuab will have a great year. They revamped their offensive line. They have good receivers also.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:56 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,843,264 times
I like this pick, the Texans. They've been flying under the radar and you're right, they have really improved their roster. Good one!

Old 07-12-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
The Houston Texans are my dark horse. I think Mario Willilams will prove he is Bush-worthy and Matt Schuab will have a great year. They revamped their offensive line. They have good receivers also.
Andre Johnson is very good. I hope to have him on my fantasy team this year

Old 07-12-2007, 08:33 PM

63 posts, read 44,248 times
pittsburgh! rothlisberger was injured last year so that didnt help we lost porter to miami but we fixed it with the draft for the nfc im hoping san fransisco, i like cleveland now as well bc brady quinn went there but im a steelers fan all the way cowher is def missed!

Old 07-13-2007, 03:41 AM

I just don't think the Steelers are a dark horse because they just won a superbowl a couple of years ago and they seem to be pretty good every year. I mean, even last year, they were 8-8. I don't remember the last time, the Steelers were 3-13 or 4-12. I'm excited to see what this new coach can do, they have a great team.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:11 AM

1,015 posts, read 3,014,539 times
My Pick: The Buffalo Bills... Marv Levy came back to town and the morale meter has been steadily climbing... Losman will finally have some time to throw with a revamped O-line and now has an excellent runner/ballcatcher in Lynch, a shifty guy with Thurman Thomas tendencies, with a half-back he should shine... special teams are excellent plus the best punter going right now. Its nice to see the coffin corner punt again. Lee Evans should have an even better year... passing defense is good but the question out there is run defense... Also should be able to actually pressure an opposing QB now... still, New England will be the one to beat... I predict the Bills will get a wild card.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
My Pick: The Buffalo Bills... Marv Levy came back to town and the morale meter has been steadily climbing... Losman will finally have some time to throw with a revamped O-line and now has an excellent runner/ballcatcher in Lynch, a shifty guy with Thurman Thomas tendencies, with a half-back he should shine... special teams are excellent plus the best punter going right now. Its nice to see the coffin corner punt again. Lee Evans should have an even better year... passing defense is good but the question out there is run defense... Also should be able to actually pressure an opposing QB now... still, New England will be the one to beat... I predict the Bills will get a wild card.
I agree. I forgot about the bills, but they could be dangerous.

Last year they nearly upended the colts in the regular season... lost by only a field goal, I think.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:52 PM

I agree with the Bills also. hmmm.... How about Miami? Does anyone have an opinion on Miami? I thought last year was their breakout year, and then the biggest liar of all time, Coach "I AM NOT GOING TO ALABAMA" just left them high and dry. What do you guys think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or