U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 05:36 PM

2,639 posts, read 6,034,985 times

Advertisements

My dark horse this year is Miami (which sucks because I'm a Jets fan). I just think that with the squad of players they've got, if they play their cards right they'll be unstoppable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 07:53 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,881,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statefan View Post
Why isn't anyone giving any love to Tennessee? With Vince Young coming up to the plate during the middle of the season last year, he turned the season around completely for the Titans, almost single handedly.
But I don't think the titans have Travis Henry anymore. I don't know what's up, but if T. Henry is still with the Titans, their offense can be a serious force.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:17 AM

157 posts, read 589,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
This is a great post! I agree with most of what you say. Having lived in NC for over 12 years, I root for The Carolina Panthers however as you mentioned, it's hard to consider them a dark horse because they have been consistently good. Julius Peppers is a STUD, that cat is a scary athlete, I've never seen a big man run that fast, he is amazing. I'm also a huge Tar Heel fan and I used to love watching him play basketball and then football at UNC. And "That's all I gotta say about that" (Forest Gump style of talking). Cheers mate.
Thanks, XGbR ... I am really not so much of a supporter of the NFL anymore ... too much negative and too much money, but I cant lie, I still like reading about the league and keeping an eye on stats, etc.

Peppers: yeah, a BIG reason that I think Carolina will go a long ways ... amazing athlete probably could have played in the NBA, too. BTW, did Raiders wr Ronald Curry play basketball at UNC, too? I was thinking he did, but I might be wrong. You guys definately produce some athletes.

I haven't been on these boards too much lately, but maybe we will get to talk football more again as the season nears.
best wishes

Old 08-14-2007, 11:13 AM

14,423 posts, read 26,261,562 times
This might be the best (post-Modell) Cleveland Browns team - they are in the AFC North hunt as long as they stay healthy.

Indy over Carolina in the Super Bowl...Colts will beat New England again.

Niners make the playoffs and are the NFC's top darkhorse.

I love the Pack and it's going to be another fun <.500 season. Detroit will be scary once Matt Millen gets hit by a bus or something. Bears still have the best *D* in the league.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:32 PM
9/9

383 posts, read 473,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
But I don't think the titans have Travis Henry anymore. I don't know what's up, but if T. Henry is still with the Titans, their offense can be a serious force.
Henry is a Bronco this year.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:35 PM

10 posts, read 14,688 times
Since I am a Jets fan and do not want to jinx them....I will go with Jacksonville.
I think the offense will match the defense this year for on field performance!

Old 08-15-2007, 02:38 PM

766 posts, read 2,271,023 times
The 49ers are a bit too fashionable of a pick to be a true "dark horse" - I think most people believe that they will be a strong contender in their division.

As a Bears fan, the Vikings scare me for some reason. Maybe it's the thought of Adrian Peterson running like crazy and that their defense is actually pretty decent (unlike the awful defenses behind the old Culpepper/Moss teams where they had to score 40 points just to stay in the game). I'm keeping my eye out on them much more than an aging Brett Favre or whatever Matt Millen has put together in Detroit.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
The 49ers are a bit too fashionable of a pick to be a true "dark horse" - I think most people believe that they will be a strong contender in their division.
I meant NFC-wide. Being able to win that division is no great feat, but the 49ers may have what it takes to get to the Super Bowl. It's wide open.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 PM

419 posts, read 2,060,473 times
49ers...easy question.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:23 PM

You want a real *dark horse* for the NFC? Arizona. Why the hell not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or