U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:32 PM

139 posts, read 724,401 times

Advertisements

Lions
remember you heard it here first!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 02:12 AM

157 posts, read 591,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
Lions
remember you heard it here first!!!
John,
Bold, very bold, but not completely crazy!
That Martz offense could really shock some people and in their division, only the Bears may look like real contenders.

And Arizona - definately not out of the question. Very underrated defense, easy overall schedule, coach with good credentials (Pittsburg superbowl), their division may be pretty even.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:53 AM

14,421 posts, read 26,359,465 times
That Martz offense will do nothing until the Millen era ends.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:55 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,716,688 times
crbcrbrgv

86 posts, read 13,324 times
crbcrbrgv is on a distinguished road
The Houston Texans are my dark horse. I think Mario Willilams will prove he is Bush-worthy and Matt Schuab will have a great year. They revamped their offensive line. They have good receivers also.

Eh? Eh? Eh????? If the Texans win next week, everyone in this forum owes me a reputation click

Old 09-17-2007, 03:47 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,875,338 times
I hear you dude, they're looking good. But don't jinx them, it's a 16 week season, it's only week 2.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:25 AM

2,639 posts, read 6,047,287 times
After yesterday's performance I'm saying the Browns with Derek Anderson as league MVP.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:20 AM

157 posts, read 591,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoboy204 View Post
nice posts - fun to read...

Houston, Buffalo. Cleveland ... really like what all of these teams are doing to get better (Oakland, too). Lots of respect for Bills GM Marv Levy, and Houstons Coach Kubiak is clearly part of the Mile High legend here in Colorado. However, I think they may be more next years picks. Buff has the hardest overall offensive schedule in the league (still based on last season, so who knows this year, but it doesn't help). Cleveland, who like Buff finished last in their division, also has one of the toughest off. schedules (what did you guys do to P.O. the league office?) and the Browns are still likely inexperineced at some key positions, especially on defense. Houston hardest off schedule in NFL vs the pass ... not a favor to a team with a brand new qb ... I do agree on Andre Johnson ... my pick as most underrated player in the NFl = has played in some difficult circumstances, but I have never seen big articles about him complaining - I wish him success.
crbcrbrgv:

If the texans go 3-0, I will definately have to give you rep ... they even beat my choice last week ... Carolina. Best wishes and good luck to the Texans.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:07 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,875,338 times
I thought it would be fun to revisit this thread now that the season is over. Cleveland was definitely it this year (10-6 is a huge improvement and a very good record), it's so freaking disappointing that they didn't make the playoffs though!! I'm sick to my stomach for the Browns and I'm not even a Browns fan! Also, Detroit showed once again why they're "Detroit"!! PLEASE FIRE MATT MILLEN DEEEETROIT!!

Old 01-01-2008, 08:30 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,258,075 times
Default Browns Fan Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I thought it would be fun to revisit this thread now that the season is over. Cleveland was definitely it this year (10-6 is a huge improvement and a very good record), it's so freaking disappointing that they didn't make the playoffs though!! I'm sick to my stomach for the Browns and I'm not even a Browns fan!

Tell me about....we were all sick when the Colts didn't win.....that would have at least put us in it...*sigh*....so devastating...if Anderson wouldn't have made so many goof ups the week before I think we would have been in better standings...glad to see Brady Quinn finally made his debut!!....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or