Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 07:24 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times

Advertisements

As you all know, we only have a few more weeks before the Football season starts and I for one can not wait. So, every year at this time, my buddies and I pick out a team that we think will be the surprise of the season, last year, mine was Jacksonville (STOP laughing) and that was obviously a bust, a lot of my buddies were on the Carolina band wagon, ya'll know how that ended.

I haven't made up my mind yet so I'll chime back in a little later, but right now, I'm feeling Cleveland, Arizona, maybe the Redskins (don't laugh please), I also think the Jets maybe a lot better this year, so as the PTI guys put it, "who you got boys and girls?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 08:38 PM

262 posts, read 300,044 times
im gonna go with the 49ers they are a very talented young team the have one of the NFls best runningbacks in Frank Gore and i think Alex Smith is gonna have a break out year, but that dosent matter because the patriots are gonna win it all.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:52 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,575,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
As you all know, we only have a few more weeks before the Football season starts and I for one can not wait. So, every year at this time, my buddies and I pick out a team that we think will be the surprise of the season, last year, mine was Jacksonville (STOP laughing) and that was obviously a bust, a lot of my buddies were on the Carolina band wagon, ya'll know how that ended.

I haven't made up my mind yet so I'll chime back in a little later, but right now, I'm feeling Cleveland, Arizona, maybe the Redskins (don't laugh please), I also think the Jets maybe a lot better this year, so as the PTI guys put it, "who you got boys and girls?"
I'm going with the Jaguars.They have a good defense,tallest receivers with good hands,better offensive line and a healthy QB in Leftwich and great backup QB'S if he messes up.They just need to stay healthy for this was the biggest problem last year with the numerous injuries.Now if we didn't have Houston on our schedule.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:02 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Both 49ers and Jags are good choices, keep them coming.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:11 AM

793 posts, read 3,122,300 times
Jacksonville was one of the weirdest teams of all-time last year. They constantly beat the best and constantly lost to the worse. I swear if the Jaguars played the Colts and Chargers every week, they would have been playing in the Super Bowl.
My darkhorse pick this year is St. Louis. Why not? The whole NFC is terrible and I saw the Rams were getting 50:1 odds in Vegas. Huh? Say what? The Rams have plenty of offensive talent and enough of an improved defense to take those kind of odds, especially when the the NFC is so mediocre top to bottom. NO ONE in the NFC should be at 50:1 to win the Super Bowl (you only play one game vs an AFC opponent in the post-season, no best-of-7)
Most likely to flop: 49ers- way too trendy of a pick at this point- sort of like the Dolphins last year, I can see that one blowing up in people's faces. Not an Alex Smith believer.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:50 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,051 times
NFC:
Rams
Redskins
Vikings
maybe the Lions

AFC:
Cleveland - watch out!
Jags
I would say the Jets, but they made the playoffs last year

Old 07-10-2007, 10:51 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Denver to win the AFC West......... I think Plummer was one of thier primary problems and I think San Diego is going to miss Schottenheimer....

Old 07-10-2007, 11:47 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrench8456 View Post
im gonna go with the 49ers they are a very talented young team the have one of the NFls best runningbacks in Frank Gore and i think Alex Smith is gonna have a break out year, but that dosent matter because the patriots are gonna win it all.
I am going to say Niners as well. Love Gore and his running style.

As a Jets fan, is there any way we can politely ask your Patriots to go play in a different division? yeesh.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:21 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,051 times
with gore, I don't see 49ers as a "dark horse" ... I see them as a serious contender to begin with. dark horses are not serious contenders, but rather they are sleepers who disrupt the seasons of contenders and manage to get into the playoffs and win 1-2 in the post season. Just like the 2005 redskins

Old 07-10-2007, 12:40 PM

872 posts, read 3,585,263 times
Hopefully SI doesn't put the Panthers on the cover for the 4th year in a row and jinx them..again.

But a dark horse the Browns should be given a serious look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football