U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-22-2010, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,577 posts, read 15,514,539 times
Reputation: 11456

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
so who's the new "interim" coach.

Does anybody think that BF would ever go into coaching?
Leslie Frazier

Vikings fire Childress at 3-7, promote Frazier (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_VIKINGS_CHILDRESS_FIRED?SECTION=HOME&SITE=AP&T EMPLATE=DEFAULT - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
17,032 posts, read 26,919,741 times
Reputation: 16190
Frazier was likely to be a head coach after the next round of firings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2010, 12:23 AM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,847 posts, read 7,912,369 times
Reputation: 12696
Frazier has already stated that Favre is still the man.

"He wasted no time in answering a big question: The 41-year-old Favre is still the starting quarterback despite his 17 interceptions and looming retirement, whenever that may come."

Vikings fire Childress at 3-7, promote Frazier - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmAp_KeoDc1FyX9fPiaJv4BDubYF?slug=ap-vikings-childressfired - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2010, 01:42 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
17,032 posts, read 26,919,741 times
Reputation: 16190
FWIW He has the 85 Bears pedigree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2010, 08:18 AM
 
52,114 posts, read 41,928,321 times
Reputation: 32520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Frazier has already stated that Favre is still the man.

"He wasted no time in answering a big question: The 41-year-old Favre is still the starting quarterback despite his 17 interceptions and looming retirement, whenever that may come."

Vikings fire Childress at 3-7, promote Frazier - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmAp_KeoDc1FyX9fPiaJv4BDubYF?slug=ap-vikings-childressfired - broken link)
Smart move.

This way the vikings will get the best draft pick possible and he has the fall guy as iFavre keeps losing games for the team.

iFavre retires at season end...then the Vikings go QB hunting either via the draft or free agency and he will get a big *bounce* in wins in his first full season as head coach. Smart, very smart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2010, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,847 posts, read 7,912,369 times
Reputation: 12696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Smart move.Favre retires at season end...then the Vikings go QB hunting either via the draft or free agency and he will get a big *bounce* in wins in his first full season as head coach. Smart, very smart.
So...... Is Jackson not even being considered as the starting QB if (when) Farve retires? Why not put him in now? That will allow the team to see if he is the calibur they need. If he fails, no harm, no foul. The season is already wasted. This will at least broaden the picture for what exactly they need in the draft.

It's a smart move for Leslie. But is it a smart move for the future of the organization?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2010, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,577 posts, read 15,514,539 times
Reputation: 11456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Smart move.

This way the vikings will get the best draft pick possible and he has the fall guy as iFavre keeps losing games for the team.

iFavre retires at season end...then the Vikings go QB hunting either via the draft or free agency and he will get a big *bounce* in wins in his first full season as head coach. Smart, very smart.
If the team tanks under Favre - why would Frazier have a job next season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2010, 12:36 PM
 
52,114 posts, read 41,928,321 times
Reputation: 32520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
So...... Is Jackson not even being considered as the starting QB if (when) Farve retires? Why not put him in now? That will allow the team to see if he is the calibur they need. If he fails, no harm, no foul. The season is already wasted. This will at least broaden the picture for what exactly they need in the draft.

It's a smart move for Leslie. But is it a smart move for the future of the organization?
It's my opinion that the organization already doesn't consider TJ to be their eventual starter if they kept playing an obviously banged up and underperforming Favre. His overall impact numbers were recently by far the worst in the league and he had a built in excuse with the stress fracture and they still wouldn't start TJ....that speaks volumes.

So, tank the season for the draft pick and let Favre go off to retire. Next year go 9-7 or 10-6 and get hailed for the turnaround.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2010, 12:40 PM
 
52,114 posts, read 41,928,321 times
Reputation: 32520
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If the team tanks under Favre - why would Frazier have a job next season?
Because they already have tanked and you could easily point to Favres numbers as the reason why they are 3-7 instead of 7-3 right now.

Personally, I think the team quit on Favre as much as Childress....and then there is no upside to winning down the stretch now...only a worse draft pick.

Going 2-4 down the stretch has no downside for the Vikings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2010, 01:43 PM
 
10,963 posts, read 8,070,182 times
Reputation: 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
For one thing, Brad released Randy without letting the owners know and the blowout loss to the Packers at home was the final straw
Not only that, he totally lost support in the locker room. The players finally just flat out quit on him during the Green Bay game. Once things get that bad there is no use keeping the coach. Just ask Wade Phillips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top