U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-01-2010, 07:45 PM
 
2,652 posts, read 7,808,111 times
Reputation: 1882

Advertisements

Is it just me or is he just plain annoying? I can't stand the guy. He always says stuff that is flat out wrong, then when they show the replay he tries to make it sound like that is what he was talking about.

I don't know I just don't like the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-02-2010, 12:42 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,945 posts, read 19,192,498 times
Reputation: 9175
He's actually one of my favorites. From an X's and O's standpoint, he's probably the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 06:19 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,345 posts, read 14,128,093 times
Reputation: 5966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
He's actually one of my favorites. From an X's and O's standpoint, he's probably the best.
Seconded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Visitation between Wal-Mart & Home Depot
8,309 posts, read 34,461,065 times
Reputation: 7086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
He's actually one of my favorites. From an X's and O's standpoint, he's probably the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Seconded
Totally agree. By the way, is Jaworski the biggest wallflower ever? The only time I notice him during MNF is when Gruden says something like "I tell you, Ron..." or "Ron, the situation is..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 07:04 AM
 
16,532 posts, read 21,012,084 times
Reputation: 47992
His name certainly has been brought up enough recently regarding various college and pro head coaching openings. Like Bill Cowher, he is not in any big hurry to get back into it. I personally think he'll do the commentating for one more year and then get back into it. He obviously seems to be enjoying his current gig, heck who wouldn't?

Like the above posters, I'm good with him.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-02-2010 at 08:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 07:57 AM
 
1,897 posts, read 2,940,777 times
Reputation: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Is it just me...

I believe so. I think he does a bang-out job...he's got character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Visitation between Wal-Mart & Home Depot
8,309 posts, read 34,461,065 times
Reputation: 7086
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
His name certainly has been brought up enough recently regarding various college and pro head coaching openings. Like Bill Cowher, he is not in any big hurry to get back into it. I personally think he'll do the commentating for one more year and then get back into it. He obviously seems to be enjoying his current gig, heck who wouldn't?

Like the above posters, I'm good with him.
I was thinking about that last Monday: what would make me want to leave a zero-stress, 5 hour per week broadcasting gig that probably pays me quite handsomely and is on the short list of "best jobs ever"? And I agree, he really sounds like he loves announcing games. He obviously loves football and he's probably watching the game in a capacity other than a player or coach for essentially the first time in his life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
17,032 posts, read 26,916,178 times
Reputation: 16190
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I was thinking about that last Monday: what would make me want to leave a zero-stress, 5 hour per week broadcasting gig that probably pays me quite handsomely and is on the short list of "best jobs ever"? And I agree, he really sounds like he loves announcing games. He obviously loves football and he's probably watching the game in a capacity other than a player or coach for essentially the first time in his life.
Agree. The pay is probably half of what a NFL coach makes but the hours and stress go waaaaay down. Once you have a few million in the bank, taking a job for 1 or 2 mil a year w/o big stress seems an easy choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
9,369 posts, read 18,042,177 times
Reputation: 18407
I think Gruden is the only one of them I can tolerate. Jaworski is just taking up space much like Dierdorf did, and Tirico is Mr. Boring/Obvious. ESPN destroys everything it touches.

Man, do I miss Monday Night Football when it was Michaels, Gifford and even Dierdorf. Michaels/Madden also. Meredith was always fun too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,373 posts, read 3,064,464 times
Reputation: 2967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I think Gruden is the only one of them I can tolerate. Jaworski is just taking up space much like Dierdorf did, and Tirico is Mr. Boring/Obvious. ESPN destroys everything it touches.

Man, do I miss Monday Night Football when it was Michaels, Gifford and even Dierdorf. Michaels/Madden also. Meredith was always fun too.
frankly I'm sick of the whole "we watch film and love watching film" angle that they are constantly portraying.

watching the 9er's game Jaworski said something about the play action of the 9er's freezing the linebackers and when they showed a replay of it from a higher up behind the line of scrimmage viewpoint right after he said it you could clearly see all 4 players backpedalling immediately without pause.

sure Jaws, sometimes you wonder if these guys are even watching the game.

gruden's alright I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top